2019 Blues Training Camp Thread

Feeling the need for a stand-alone thread on this topic.

I'm confused by the restrictions on attendance by fans @ Centene Ice. This team press release indicates tickets must be purchased on-line, with proceeds to be given to the Blues for Kids Foundation. Previous local media stories indicated attendance would be "free" with varying mentions of "donations" (leading me to believe walk-ins with cash-in-hand would be admitted). When I attended the facility grand opening last Saturday, CCIC seating capacity in the "NHL Rink" looked about the same or slightly larger than @ the Mills' iceZONE. I've got a feeling that there will be some disappointed fans coming out of this first chance to see their Cup Champion team & wannabes skate.
Last edited by JMC-STL on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: 2019 Blues Training Camp Thread

Notable Names on the Blues Training Camp Roster
The Blues training camp lineup features a few names that should be fairly exciting to follow.
By Gabriel Foley@NHLFoley Sep 12, 2019, 1:30pm CDT

The St. Louis Blues training camp roster features a hefty array of talent. While some players are proven NHL stars, some will be using the camp to show their worth to the team. Among the list of 58 names, three stand out. While all but only a few players have something to prove, these three names will surely be watched like a hawk to see if they’re really all that they’re cracked up to be.

Read more at: https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2019/9/ ... amp-roster

According to this FSM report from last week, the training camp schedule will be as follows. The Blues also will be revealing their special 3rd jersey before Saturday's practice sessions begin.
Sept. 14 schedule

Doors open: 9 a.m.
Jersey reveal: 9:45 a.m.
Practice Session 1: 10 a.m.
Practice Session 2: 11 a.m.
Practice Session 3: Noon

Try Hockey for Free: 12:30 p.m.

Sept. 15 schedule

Doors open: 9 a.m.
Practice Session 1: 10 a.m.
Practice Session 2: 11 a.m.
Practice Session 3: Noon

Matangama wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am So Foley is back? I must have missed an update because I thought the poor kid was probably headed for retirement. Good luck to him.
Just saw someone tweeted that he did not pass his physical. So I don't think he's actually back. JR indicated earlier in the summer that he and the team were just hopeful he'd regain quality of life back, much less play hockey again.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 am
From what I saw of him during May's Memorial Cup tournament in Halifax, Alexei Toropchenko is gonna need a huge shove from the coaching staff and/or fellow players to use his size as a physical advantage. Otherwise he'll be lucky to get significant minutes at the AHL level, much less any regular season ice time in the NHL.
Don't draft Russians

:lol:

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 pm
Matangama wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am So Foley is back? I must have missed an update because I thought the poor kid was probably headed for retirement. Good luck to him.
Just saw someone tweeted that he did not pass his physical. So I don't think he's actually back. JR indicated earlier in the summer that he and the team were just hopeful he'd regain quality of life back, much less play hockey again.
Yep, and that was the last update I saw as well. That Gametime story linked above was really misleading on the Foley situation.

39hurricane wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:36 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:24 am
From what I saw of him during May's Memorial Cup tournament in Halifax, Alexei Toropchenko is gonna need a huge shove from the coaching staff and/or fellow players to use his size as a physical advantage. Otherwise he'll be lucky to get significant minutes at the AHL level, much less any regular season ice time in the NHL.
Don't draft Russians

:lol:
Tim has multiple accounts. Confirmed. :lol:
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:31 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 pm... Listening to Tarasenko talk today compared to when he came over is like night and day. His English has gotten so much better over the years
He should tutor Ovechkin, then. Dude's like the Eastern Europeans whose accents get thicker the older they get. :?:
It's the Eastern European alcohol. What you drink or drug affects your accent.

Canadian beer = Canadian accent etc.

Kuznetsov speaks flawless Spanish now

barcthespark wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:12 am Just when I thought this organization had a clue about what the fan base wants. I'm a jersey geek and this choice seriously pisses me off. I guess we'll never see the beautiful 70's whites again. To quote Ken Hitchcock - FUCK ME!
Surely there was somebody in the organization that thought bringing back this jersey was a bad idea? How in the hell does that even get approved? Just like that our Stanley Cup champion organization goes back to not having a clue. As Brett Hull would say...."We Went Blues"
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"