Just not ready

The OHL preseason starts Thursday night and for the first time in 20 years, I just don’t care. Normally at this time of year I’m extremely excited that hockey is back. I think Stanley Cup hangover is real. I’m more excited about college football right now.
Anybody else just not ready?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Just not ready

I haven't even done my fantasy hockey rankings yet. I'm weeks behind!

I think the other thing that's contributed besides a Cup hangover is the damn near non-existent roster turnover. Sure we just won the Cup, but we don't have any shiny new toys to play with this fall! I'm sure I'll get there by early October, but yeah, I might need a bit more time.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Maybe deep down, we all know that it is virtually impossible for this next season to top what just happened. Worst to first with a rookie goalie, bad ass head coach, and a team of guys that just came together at the perfect time. The big plays, Brett Hull's shenanigans, Gloria, etc. This next season has some big shoes to fill.
KA-KAW!

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:37 pmThe OHL preseason starts Thursday night and for the first time in 20 years, I just don’t care. Normally at this time of year I’m extremely excited that hockey is back. I think Stanley Cup hangover is real. I’m more excited about college football right now. ...
I'm coverin' for you, TIM. Me 'n' Mrs. JMC leave for Everett on Thursday to attend 9 WHL preseason tourney games in 3 days over the Labor Day weekend. Gettin' our fix early, to get the hockey juices flowing again.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:37 pmThe OHL preseason starts Thursday night and for the first time in 20 years, I just don’t care. Normally at this time of year I’m extremely excited that hockey is back. I think Stanley Cup hangover is real. I’m more excited about college football right now. ...
I'm coverin' for you, TIM. Me 'n' Mrs. JMC leave for Everett on Thursday to attend 9 WHL preseason tourney games in 3 days over the Labor Day weekend. Gettin' our fix early, to get the hockey juices flowing again.
That's awesome...i've got a WHL trip on my bucket list but it's about 2 years away.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 pm
That's awesome...i've got a WHL trip on my bucket list but it's about 2 years away.
My bucket's leakin' a might bit faster than yours. :?

Now that St Louis has their cup, I think we are an XFL town now.

In all seriousness, I'll get excited when it gets close. Right now I'm enjoying what happened and a bit jaded that I'm a priced out customer for all of their big events.

Just a Russian propaganda account

ratonmono wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 am I'll be excited once October hits. Usually we have a much longer layoff in between seasons to build anticipation.
Yeah, never had a NHL draft sneak up on us like it did this past June. Still want this magical off season to never go away.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm
ratonmono wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 amI'll be excited once October hits. Usually we have a much longer layoff in between seasons to build anticipation.
Yeah...those bastards stole a couple of months worth of our normal hockey summer vacation. :lol:
They're sorry, and they'll never do it again. :?:

And just think, the NHL Prospect Traverse City Tournament starts NEXT Friday :)

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-pr ... -308714948

I'm ready, but also not as 'excited' for the new season to being. I'm also not as interested in watching last season's games as I thought I'd be. Turns out there are other ways to be entertained besides hockey....but after this first hurricane blows through Florida this weekend I'll be ready for hockey I'm sure :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:44 pm And just think, the NHL Prospect Traverse City Tournament starts NEXT Friday :)

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-pr ... -308714948

I'm ready, but also not as 'excited' for the new season to being. I'm also not as interested in watching last season's games as I thought I'd be. Turns out there are other ways to be entertained besides hockey....but after this first hurricane blows through Florida this weekend I'll be ready for hockey I'm sure :)
Stay safe, bud.

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:54 pm Thank Mook :)

We are ready and have our alert system ready!

hurricane alert.png

And if it does come our way, Hurricane Party at my house :)

Hurricane Party Prep.png
That's hilarious. My wife has a T-shirt she got at Bon-Aire in St. Pete Beach that says:

Hurricane Evacuation Plan

1. Grab your beer
2. Run like hell

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:00 pm

hurricane alert.png

Hurricane Party Prep.png
That's hilarious. My wife has a T-shirt she got at Bon-Aire in St. Pete Beach that says:

1. Grab your beer
2. Run like hell
:lol: you have to learn to roll with it or it'll drive you crazy :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:00 pm

hurricane alert.png

Hurricane Party Prep.png

1. Grab your beer
2. Run like hell
Here in Carolina it's

1 Beer
2 Water
3 Bread

2 and 3 are optional!

Be safe

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am I watch the Game 7 highlights every few days just to confirm that it happened. It did. I think I'll be readily hyped by the time training camp rolls along.
Man I watch that all the time too! I actually played Gloria the other day because I missed it :lol:
KA-KAW!

As Muddy Waters once sang, "I'm Ready" -ready's anybody can be! Play hockey! Can't wait for Traverse City! I hope someone will show highlights, and give scouting reports. Too bad The Wings and Rangers don't telecast anymore, like they did in the old days. Then I could stream several games.

Robb_K wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:27 am... Too bad The Wings and Rangers don't telecast anymore, like they did in the old days. Then I could stream several games.
Wings' play-by-play guy Ken Kal has tweeted that he'll be calling the Detroit vs. Chicago prospects match on Friday, Sep 6th, which will be streamed on the Red Wings website. So there's one game. :?: