Re: Just not ready

barcthespark wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:48 am I'm still in shock from the Cup win but I think I'm ready. Plus my NHL.TV subscription got so much better when I heard the Nick Kypreos is no longer on Hockey Night in Canada! :dancingbanana:
Apparently there has been a lot of layoffs in the Canada hockey scene. I saw John Shannon lost his gig too. Doug Maclean as well. I think they were all with Sportsnet.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am
barcthespark wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:48 am I'm still in shock from the Cup win but I think I'm ready. Plus my NHL.TV subscription got so much better when I heard the Nick Kypreos is no longer on Hockey Night in Canada! :dancingbanana:
Apparently there has been a lot of layoffs in the Canada hockey scene. I saw John Shannon lost his gig too. Doug Maclean as well. I think they were all with Sportsnet.
Yup, all Sportsnet. All 3 presumably had pretty big salaries, but only Kypreos ever broke any news. Even so, he probably was at best 3rd on their list of news breakers behind Friedman and Chris Johnston. They paid big money for the broadcast rights a few years ago, but I guess it came time to cut costs.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

There's been a massive turnover in their hockey coverage and yet they don't seem to hire many women.

I liked MacLean and Shannon on Hockey Central and hate to see them go, but I can't stand Kypreos. It'll be interesting to see what the new HNIC lineup will be.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:16 am
There's been a massive turnover in their hockey coverage and yet they don't seem to hire many women.
Have to chime in on women doing color in games, I mute the tv. The woman who did a couple last year was sophomoric in her analysis imo. I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'd rather listen to Pierre suck Mcdavids dick during a game.

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 am

Have to chime in on women doing color in games, I mute the tv. The woman who did a couple last year was sophomoric in her analysis imo. I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'd rather listen to Pierre suck Mcdavids dick during a game.
I'm talking about in-studio hosts but I get your point.

They have no business up in the booth unless they are actually good at what they do.

Are you speaking figuratively or a literal recording of?
Just a Russian propaganda account

I think with time the ladies coming into the booth will be better, but I agree, last year was not a good way to sell the game.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:05 am Training camp is here and I’m still not ready
-Keith Tkachuk, September 2005.
According to guys like Bob Plager and Phil Esposito, that's pretty much how it was back in their day. They all came to camp out of shape and it took 2 weeks to get it going.

BillP. wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:54 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:05 am Training camp is here and I’m still not ready
-Keith Tkachuk, September 2005.
According to guys like Bob Plager and Phil Esposito, that's pretty much how it was back in their day. They all came to camp out of shape and it took 2 weeks to get it going.
Yeah but it's usually not so bad that the team immediately suspends you for 2 weeks after your camp physical.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am Yeah, I'm not ready either. Think of the players, they probably still want to celebrate the Cup. Do the Blues come out roaring or snoring the first 10 games of season? It's anyone's guess.
I would imagine it will be a bad October and November and we will all question the locker room again and how Schenn hates Vladi will be the talk of 101. Then there will be tirades in regard to trading Petro while we can get something of value for him. There will be the “Stanley Cup or not..Army should be fired for signing Steen to that contract”. I’m sure we will have to deal with a Schwartz injury before thanksgiving.
Now all the sudden I’m fired up and ready!!!
LETS GO BABY!!!!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:56 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am Yeah, I'm not ready either. Think of the players, they probably still want to celebrate the Cup. Do the Blues come out roaring or snoring the first 10 games of season? It's anyone's guess.
I would imagine it will be a bad October and November and we will all question the locker room again and how Schenn hates Vladi will be the talk of 101. Then there will be tirades in regard to trading Petro while we can get something of value for him. There will be the “Stanley Cup or not..Army should be fired for signing Steen to that contract”. I’m sure we will have to deal with a Schwartz injury before thanksgiving.
Now all the sudden I’m fired up and ready!!!
LETS GO BABY!!!!
:lol: