Re: Maroon signs 1 year deal with Tampa Bay

barnburner wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 am Guess we've all been expecting Big Rig to play somewhere else this year, but I think he will be missed. Wish him well. Who knows? Maybe his grit and toughness might be just what Tampa needs to win the Cup.
Yeah he’ll be missed. Great on the cycle, knew how to raise his game when needed, great experience. I wanted the Blues to add another big body to roster and now we just lost one. Our repeat chances just went down.

I'm okay with not signing Maroon even for the low $900,000 contract.The Blues have one year to look at their young forwards and young defencemen, to decide who to leave exposed in Seattle's expansion draft, and they have to see more of them play on The NHL level, to make those decisions (even how the breakdown of forwards vs. that of defencemen, will be. They have to make a decision on whether or not to keep Fabbri, and how soon Kyrou and Kostin can perform in regular NHL minutes. Kyrou seems to be ready. I'd rather give him and Fabbri enough minutes to get them in a groove, than have both of them play less to also play Maroon, and have him be a defensive liability (dragging his line down, for most of the regular season. I think The Blues, having accepted Berube's system, and having the new confidence of having won it all, have enough locker room and on-ice leaders. I don't think having Maroon as an extra player, waiting to be "let loose" in the playoffs, is worth stifling Kyrou's development and Fabbri's return to consistency, and also being able to play Blais only less, and not seeing if Sanford can play full-time minutes at a consistently good level.

I'm happy that he helped The Blues win The Cup, and don't have a problem that he's moving on. Let's enjoy the development of the young players, and it's allowing The Blues to better keep up with the faster skating teams.

Sorry to see him go, but I understand the move since the Blues have young guys that needs spots. Maroon definitely brought some intangibles that the Blues will miss. Great signing for Tampa, as the embarrassment against Columbus showed how they needs more grit and character. Maroon has history with Cooper, so good fit for him.

Welcome to Tampa Bay Pat! I agree with what others have said, and while he will be missed in STL, the fans in TB will learn to love and hate his play like we did, and he hopefully will get the Bolts back to the final...when the Blues will win their second Cup by beating the Lightning!

I hope his son gets to move down here with him or spend a lot of time here, as it's a great place for a kid to grow up too.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:37 am I think what i love most is that Tampa went out and signed two of the most hated Blues ever over at the Asylum to put them over the top in their quest for the Cup. :lol:
Maroon was 'hated too'? Wow, I know I was critical of him and honestly thought he was overrated, but that's not hate. Then again, everything over there was always exaggerated it seemed like; attention seekers trying to be the most 'hateful' or whatever. Crazy way to live life :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 am... I hope his son gets to move down here with him or spend a lot of time here, as it's a great place for a kid to grow up too.
Doubt Anthony's mother is gonna let the kid go to Florida for more than an occasional supervised weekend. Without wedding vows exchanged, there's little incentive for her to let him move or move with him.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 am... I hope his son gets to move down here with him or spend a lot of time here, as it's a great place for a kid to grow up too.
Doubt Anthony's mother is gonna let the kid go to Florida for more than an occasional supervised weekend. Without wedding vows exchanged, there's little incentive for her to let him move or move with him.
I'm sure that made more sense when Dad lived in Edmonton or New Jersey...but this is Disney World we are talking about.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:46 pm
I'm sure that made more sense when Dad lived in Edmonton or New Jersey...but this is Disney World we are talking about.
Tampa Bay (not =) Orlando. But if all it takes is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to bring those three cute kids together as a Forever Family, then I'm confident they'll make a life decision that satisfies all parties involved.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Tampa Bay (not =) Orlando. But if all it takes is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to bring those three cute kids together as a Forever Family, then I'm confident they'll make a life decision that satisfies all parties involved.
My guess is that you can have him back for a 7Th later in he season, if you feel that you really need him. I don't think we've seen the last of Maroon in a Blues sweater.

It's a one hour trip to Disney from TB; also there's Busch Gardens and tons of other cool things for kids there throughout the TB area. But yeah, of course it comes down to parental rights and all that stuff, but as Capn mentioned, it's an easier sell, even to an ex, to say "move to FL" than it would to say 'move to' NJ, Edm, or hell, even Cali (cost of living/taxes). Just saying I hope he gets extra time as he seems like a good father and that his son loves to spend time with him.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 pm
It's a one hour trip to Disney from TB; also there's Busch Gardens and tons of other cool things for kids there throughout the TB area. But yeah, of course it comes down to parental rights and all that stuff, but as Capn mentioned, it's an easier sell, even to an ex, to say "move to FL" than it would to say 'move to' NJ, Edm, or hell, even Cali (cost of living/taxes). Just saying I hope he gets extra time as he seems like a good father and that his son loves to spend time with him.
Anthony has already mapped the route.
Attachments

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 pmIt's a one hour trip to Disney from TB; also there's Busch Gardens and tons of other cool things for kids there throughout the TB area. But yeah, of course it comes down to parental rights and all that stuff, but as Capn mentioned, it's an easier sell, even to an ex, to say "move to FL" than it would to say 'move to' NJ, Edm, or hell, even Cali (cost of living/taxes). Just saying I hope he gets extra time as he seems like a good father and that his son loves to spend time with him.
ETA: Setting the record straight, because we BOTH had it wrong according to some more reading I did ... Pat Maroon & Francesca Vangel are not "ex"; they are engaged. Further, Francesca is not Anthony's birth mother. I couldn't find direct evidence whether Anthony lives with Francesca or with Pat's parents, or whether they have some informal custody sharing/living arrangement worked out for the boy. So I'll stop speculating, and simply hope that Anthony has a happy life wherever his favorite amusement park is.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 pmIt's a one hour trip to Disney from TB; also there's Busch Gardens and tons of other cool things for kids there throughout the TB area. But yeah, of course it comes down to parental rights and all that stuff, but as Capn mentioned, it's an easier sell, even to an ex, to say "move to FL" than it would to say 'move to' NJ, Edm, or hell, even Cali (cost of living/taxes). Just saying I hope he gets extra time as he seems like a good father and that his son loves to spend time with him.
ETA: Setting the record straight, because we BOTH had it wrong according to some more reading I did ... Pat Maroon & Francesca Vangel are not "ex"; they are engaged. Further, Francesca is not Anthony's birth mother. I couldn't find direct evidence whether Anthony lives with Francesca or with Pat's parents, or whether they have some informal custody sharing/living arrangement worked out for the boy. So I'll stop speculating, and simply hope that Anthony has a happy life wherever his favorite amusement park is.

T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:59 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 am I hope his son gets to move down here with him or spend a lot of time here, as it's a great place for a kid to grow up too.
maybe if you have money. in my experience, it's a very dangerous place for a kid once they hit teen years. overrun with drugs and degens from up country.
Not sure if being sarcastic on this point, sense where I grew up in east central Missouri (Gasconade County) was very 'overrun with drugs...meth/coke/weed/etc. back when I was a teen/early 20's, and there was very little for a kid to do besides party hard.

From my experience, every place has it's challenges for kids/teens, and it is up to the parents to ensure that they give their kids the best support system for avoiding the stupidest of the stupid, because lets face it, most teens are stupid and will do stupid things. :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"