Re: Blues summer 2019 Cup tour

What would you guys do with the Cup if you were a player and had it for a day?
I have a 5 month old baby, so she would definitely be in the Cup for some pictures. Then, I think I would just eat/drink out of it all day. Cereal, coffee, OJ in the morning, and then go on a brewery hop and drink craft beers out of it all day. Have dinner on the Hill some pasta in the Cup. End the day by eating a Ted Drewes Lemon Crumb out of it.
KA-KAW!

T.C. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:51 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 amMake sure we get the names of those kids that touched the Cup so we don't draft them.
i had always heard even touching is forbidden if you didn't earn it, but seems culture has recently shifted to touching is ok as long as you don't lift it.
Canadian kids are still taught the no-touch tradition very early in life. U.S. kids are taught (or not taught, in many cases) that immediate gratification outweighs tradition every time. Welcome to the 21st Century of Selfishness.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:51 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am Make sure we get the names of those kids that touched the Cup so we don't draft them.
i had always heard even touching is forbidden if you didn't earn it, but seems culture has recently shifted to touching is ok as long as you don't lift it.
I'm gonna touch it. We damn well earned it!

I'd carry it over my head if they let me. :D

Since the Stanley Cup is actually a huge bowl on top, I think you all know what I'd use it for. although secretly drilling two holes in the sides may be a task with the gatekeepers watching. Maybe give them some brownies or gummies to enjoy first so they won't even notice the manipulation I've done to it ;)

Or perhaps protect the integrity of the Cup and just fill it with water and use it as the base for a gravity bong :bananaride:

LOL, just looking at some images out there, someone actually made a SC bong! Love it!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:33 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:09 am I was wondering, what happens if a player actually has an accident and breaks the Cup? Does the NHL have a number to call? Dial 1-800-Cup-Mess
There is always a couple of gate keepers of the cup with it at all times. Which would be an interesting job.
I think I read a while back, after Dallas won the cup, that it was dropped off a balcony during a wild party (involving the cup receiving a lap dance from a stripper), and got dented up so that it needed repair.

"The 1999 Dallas Stars' Stanley Cup party was hosted at the house of Stars defenceman Craig Ludwig and Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul. At the party, Stars forward Guy Carbonneau (apparently having forgotten the Cup's lack of buoyancy from his 1993 adventures) allegedly attempted to throw the Cup from the upstairs deck into the house's Crown Royal shaped pool below. The Cup caught the lip of the pool, producing a large dent.[47] Mike Bolt, one of the "Keepers of the Cup" for the NHL, stated that this never happened. "What happened was that one of the players was posing with it next to the pool when someone pushed him into the water, and it went in with him. It was in the water maybe two seconds," Bolt said. "It was a real good party from what I understand." The trophy was dented the previous day, when a player dropped it during a locker room celebration, Bolt said.[48]"

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditi ... tanley_Cup

Some fun reading there!