Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

I think the Flyers might be one of the more active teams over the next few weeks. It's really shaping up to be a fun offseason in terms of player movement. Some teams like Pittsburgh are looking at moving some big names to shake things up, and others like Vegas are getting into cap crunch territory and will have some decisions to make. Meanwhile our boys are figuring out what to drink from the Cup next.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:07 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am Pretty good deal for the Flyers
The cup high must be wearing off because I disagree with you again!! Lol

They’re basically paying Niskanen over $7M per year with what they’re retaining in Gudas’ salary. Makes no sense, IMO
Flyers get the better player without a doubt and they have more moves coming for sure. Plus with all their young dmen, they could use a guy with Niskanen's experience on their blueline.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

barcthespark wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:28 am This also happened this morning:

Flyers are eating 30% of Gudas's salary as well....but whatever, Blues won the Cup!!!!!
Better be careful playing against the Caps next season because if Wilson doesn't take your head off, Gudas will. :shock:
Capitals copying the Blues success!!!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

yeah...not a great deal for the Hawks. I thought Kahun looked like a real good player. Trade is hard to understand at this point but I imagine Bowman has something else coming. Maybe they are finally moving one of Keith or they've got something brewing with Seabrook.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 am Yeah, I thought Kahun was pretty good. If what’s a Maata isn’t good anymore then bad deal for Hawks. I thought Hawks had some more kids on the way to play defense.
Hawks have a couple of guys coming but they are at least a year away. Bowman is probably thinking Maatta will be helped by a change of scenery.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 pm Andrew MacDonald getting bought out by the Flyers.
I bet you hate that trade even more now! ;)
Lol. It still doesn’t make sense. Niskanen isn’t what he was a couple years ago but they’re still willing to basically pay him 7.5M (factoring in the Gudas salty retention). I don’t think Niskanen is that much better than Gudas to be honest.

As for Andrew. Im glad he’s out of Philly. Fresh start as a 5-6-7 D on a decent team will be good for him. I figure he’ll sign a 1-2 year deal in the 1-2M range

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am
Man, I'm surprised. Thought he'd at least get to the UFA flirting window. I'll be very curious to see what that contract looks like. SJ is an interesting team for Karlsson to hitch his wagon too. A few prominent players are either past their prime or just about to be, however they have a great group of young guys as well. They're no slam dunk to improve, but if he liked it there this season why not stick around. Before I'd sign I'd have one question for Doug Wilson that I'd demand a satisfactory answer to: What are you doing in net?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!