Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:45 pm Welp, this announcer is garbage.

Oh boy. You know I never really liked his call anyway. Something about the way he says "Scores!" loudly but with 0 enthusiasm just does nothing for me. Anyway now that I know he's a piece of trash I can feel great about not liking him. "Yeah Kane got in big trouble for drinking with college kids in Madison that one time and never for anything else ever."
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:45 pm Welp, this announcer is garbage.

What is so offensive about what Hughson said? What is Matthews supposed to do? Retire and hide in shame?
How can he move on if people won’t let him?
This clip has hardly anything to do with Mathews other than he’s in the video.

It’s the fact that he excused Kane for being a rapist because he had a good hockey season.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:56 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 pm

What is so offensive about what Hughson said? What is Matthews supposed to do? Retire and hide in shame?
How can he move on if people won’t let him?
This clip has hardly anything to do with Mathews other than he’s in the video.

It’s the fact that he excused Kane for being a rapist because he had a good hockey season.
Kane beat a taxi driver and got drunk in Wisconsin at a college but he never raped anybody.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:28 pm Hughson is taking about the Wisconsin incident there is he not?
Yes, however invoking Patrick Kane as a role model probably isn't the right idea. It's true that the rape charges with Kane were thrown out, and that case was weird from the get go, however if you're the #1 play by play guy in Canada, you should probably have a better idea of how that comparison is going to play out publicly. It's more of a dumb comment than a morally bankrupt one to me upon further consideration.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:28 pm Hughson is taking about the Wisconsin incident there is he not?
Yes, however invoking Patrick Kane as a role model probably isn't the right idea. It's true that the rape charges with Kane were thrown out, and that case was weird from the get go, however if you're the #1 play by play guy in Canada, you should probably have a better idea of how that comparison is going to play out publicly. It's more of a dumb comment than a morally bankrupt one to me upon further consideration.
I guess I’m just garbage too because I still don’t see anything wrong with what he said. The 2012 incident was similar to the Matthews incident. It took Kaner another incident but he finally grew up...at least we think...I suspect Matthews will grow up too.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:46 pm
I guess I’m just garbage too because I still don’t see anything wrong with what he said. The 2012 incident was similar to the Matthews incident. It took Kaner another incident but he finally grew up...at least we think...I suspect Matthews will grow up too.
Okay, Tim.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Okay, Tim.
:lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I just think it was foolish of him to not be able to predict all the blowback. He was specifically talking about Kane harmlessly drinking with a bunch of college kids, but didn't really make that clear enough for the casual fan. The casual fan hears "Kane off ice incident" and probably can only remember the rape accusation, not "young millionaire publicly drinking in famous drinking town". I assume this will all blow over very quickly, which is appropriate.

I’m just in a good mood because I drafted Evan Bouchard , then they send him down and I was gonna try and hold onto him. Well last night I almost dropped him and then the Larsson injury and now Bouchard is backup! I need help on the blue line too!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:37 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm I’m just in a good mood because I drafted Evan Bouchard , then they send him down and I was gonna try and hold onto him. Well last night I almost dropped him and then the Larsson injury and now Bouchard is backup! I need help on the blue line too!
I got Seabrook, you want him :lol:
nah....I have Duncan Keith

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm I’m just in a good mood because I drafted Evan Bouchard , then they send him down and I was gonna try and hold onto him. Well last night I almost dropped him and then the Larsson injury and now Bouchard is backup! I need help on the blue line too!
I'm in a 12-team keeper league and, while my defense isn't exactly the best this season, I was able to draft Rasmus Dahlin to add to Aaron Ekblad, Thomas Chabot, and Jacob Trouba, so I'm looking pretty good going into the future. (I ALMOST had Miro Heiskanen, too, but he was drafted right ahead of my next pick, so I had to settle for Brady Tkachuk in that spot. I'm not exactly crying over that one!)

I was also able to pick up Erik Gustafsson a little later as well. Still not sure if he's a one-year wonder, but he does have two points already in his first game this season.

RAFritchey wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:59 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 pm

I'm in a 12-team keeper league and, while my defense isn't exactly the best this season, I was able to draft Rasmus Dahlin to add to Aaron Ekblad, Thomas Chabot, and Jacob Trouba, so I'm looking pretty good going into the future. (I ALMOST had Miro Heiskanen, too, but he was drafted right ahead of my next pick, so I had to settle for Brady Tkachuk in that spot. I'm not exactly crying over that one!)

I was also able to pick up Erik Gustafsson a little later as well. Still not sure if he's a one-year wonder, but he does have two points already in his first game this season.
Chabot is going to kill your plus/minus though. If you have to bench a D man, he might be your 1st choice. I didn’t bother with any Senator in the draft.