Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 am Looking at all of the RFA signings this year and stuff makes you realize how good of a job Army did with contracts for guys like Schwartz and Parayko. Perhaps a different “age” of RFAs now compared to those two guys, and it’s obviously been said a lot here, but Army deserves a lot of credit for the way he put the team together.
Schwartz was signed what 4,5 years ago? Different age, different salary cap, different 'going rate'.

Additionally, when you look at the guys signed, Marner, Connor, Laine, the Colorado kids. All are better players than Schwartz, some vastly.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:17 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 am Looking at all of the RFA signings this year and stuff makes you realize how good of a job Army did with contracts for guys like Schwartz and Parayko. Perhaps a different “age” of RFAs now compared to those two guys, and it’s obviously been said a lot here, but Army deserves a lot of credit for the way he put the team together.
Schwartz was signed what 4,5 years ago? Different age, different salary cap, different 'going rate'.

Additionally, when you look at the guys signed, Marner, Connor, Laine, the Colorado kids. All are better players than Schwartz, some vastly.

Rutherford thought it might take 7M to sign Schwartz. No doubt the injury bug played a big role in the reduced price.

Yeah, Army deserves National ink in being called the best GM in hockey. He made some mistakes but he cleaned up the shit and got us a Cup. It’s all about results and his track record now is amazing. To have the Blues still going strong at this point is amazing and with these bargained contracts is impossible for any other GM to duplicate. I got to give Doug credit, he sticks to his profile and manages consistently within his set of principals. He never has a meltdown.

BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 am
Yeah, Army deserves National ink in being called the best GM in hockey. He made some mistakes but he cleaned up the shit and got us a Cup. It’s all about results and his track record now is amazing. To have the Blues still going strong at this point is amazing and with these bargained contracts is impossible for any other GM to duplicate. I got to give Doug credit, he sticks to his profile and manages consistently within his set of principals. He never has a meltdown.
Imagine the opinions of DA if JB50 wasn't JB50.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:05 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:39 am
Imagine the opinions of DA if JB50 wasn't JB50.
I agree. It’s a fine line. Army was trending in the wrong direction. But it’s all about results and sure, he lucked out with Binnington. But what GM wins without a goaltender? Army finally lucked into one so good for him.

BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:48 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:23 am
Army should have gotten 15 years for that robbery. He walked up to Botterill with gun out and no mask
Well I did want to trade Schmaltz for Lazar. That would of been a fair trade :lol:
Man, he just never made it.

Not good that Thompson still struggling. Boy, did the Blues clean up their shit or what.
Yeah, I think the pro=Sabres media last year was talking up how the Sabres got '3 solid top 9 and 40+ point players' and two high draft picks. Yeah, I'll take a Conn Smythe Selke Award Stanley Cup winning ROR for that....
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:40 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:48 am

Army should have gotten 15 years for that robbery. He walked up to Botterill with gun out and no mask
Well I did want to trade Schmaltz for Lazar. That would of been a fair trade :lol:
Man, he just never made it.

Not good that Thompson still struggling. Boy, did the Blues clean up their shit or what.
Yeah, I think the pro=Sabres media last year was talking up how the Sabres got '3 solid top 9 and 40+ point players' and two high draft picks. Yeah, I'll take a Conn Smythe Selke Award Stanley Cup winning ROR for that....
Honestly even if both draft picks turn out to be Hall of Famers it still works for me!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:45 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 am Kane expected to be suspended for abuse of official.

Kind of a crazy scene. Kane inadvertently slashes the ref, the ref tackles Kane, Kane pushes the ref.

Meh. I'm no fan of Kane but that looked pretty harmless. Boys will be boys.
Harmless, yes. But obvious that pushing an official is a non starter for the league.