Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 am Shatty signs with Tampa. 1 year, 2.75M. This makes me even angrier about the trade with Tampa for him we had arranged that he nixed

Although the eventual trade for Shatty netted us Stanley Cup final hero Zach Sanford, so I guess I shouldn't be too mad :lol:

I don’t understand this anger directed towards a guy that wanted to test free agency and was able to call the shots according to the contract he signed with the Blues.
Just to be clear. I don't hate Shatty. I love the Blues. Me you and everybody else knew he was going to be traded. Him and his agent knew he was going to be traded. He could have done the Blues a solid and gone to Tampa where he would actually have a shot at the playoffs. But no, he wanted to play in New York. Good for him. NYR was on the way down. Hank was hurt more often. The Rangers are in rebuild mode. And now he's a buy out.

I'm way over it. I didn't like it at the time. Because the Blues won the Cup. Maybe if we got somebody from Tampa we don't trade for ROR. So.......

Good luck Shatty! You're going to a team that won the regular season running away. And then they got smoked. Shatty is exactly the guy they need to toughen up and get to the finals.

That was sarcasm. The guy they really need is Jed.

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm Sabres apparently going back to the royal blue on their jerseys in 2020-21. That is long overdue. Now if the Blues would just update the winter classics and make them the full time uni that would be just as awesome
I saw that! I don't understand why teams what to add such dull colors into their schemes like Buffalo did with the Navy.
I'm also 100% with you on the winter classics. Those should be the homes, the alumni jersey from the winter classic should be the away.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm Sabres apparently going back to the royal blue on their jerseys in 2020-21. That is long overdue. Now if the Blues would just update the winter classics and make them the full time uni that would be just as awesome
I saw that! I don't understand why teams what to add such dull colors into their schemes like Buffalo did with the Navy.
I'm also 100% with you on the winter classics. Those should be the homes, the alumni jersey from the winter classic should be the away.

alumni.jpg
I really liked that alumni jersey. I wish I could get my hands on one. :D

BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28 am

alumni.jpg
I have that in a 38 -Demitra, modeled after the one Big Walt wore for the 2nd period of the alumni game. If you ask nicely maybe I'll let you touch it. :mrgreen:

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:47 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28 am

alumni.jpg
I have that in a 38 -Demitra, modeled after the one Big Walt wore for the 2nd period of the alumni game. If you ask nicely maybe I'll let you touch it. :mrgreen:
That's what she said....

BluesSK wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm This is pretty amazing. The League has no more room for players 35+.
Been trending that way but yeah I am a bit surprised there are so few. OK with me I'd rather watch the younger guys that are still going on current production rather than off of a reputation they acquired a decade ago. I know we've got Steen and Jaybo, but other than them and Gunny is anyone else on the Blues over 30? Petro and Perron?

ratonmono wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm This is pretty amazing. The League has no more room for players 35+.
Been trending that way but yeah I am a bit surprised there are so few. OK with me I'd rather watch the younger guys that are still going on current production rather than off of a reputation they acquired a decade ago. I know we've got Steen and Jaybo, but other than them and Gunny is anyone else on the Blues over 30? Petro and Perron?
Going through the roster HERE:

Bozak - 33
Nolan - 30
Perron - 31
Steen - 35
Bortuzzo - 30
Bouwmeester - 36
Gunnarsson - 32 (33 in November)

Pietrangelo is 29, and will turn 30 in January. Allen just turned 29 earlier this month. Everyone else is under 29