Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:19 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:46 am This quote from Down Goes Brown's piece on the Fenton firing really got me:
Leopold was tired of the Wild being a leaguewide laughingstock and wanted to get them back to their rightful place of being the team that nobody in the league ever thinks about at all.
:lol:
https://theathletic.com/1111634/2019/08 ... puck-soup/
😁

Please hire Chiarelli. We need the drama.

The first thing he'd do is extend the contracts on Parise and Suter :lol:

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 am Shatty signs with Tampa. 1 year, 2.75M. This makes me even angrier about the trade with Tampa for him we had arranged that he nixed

Although the eventual trade for Shatty netted us Stanley Cup final hero Zach Sanford, so I guess I shouldn't be too mad :lol:

What a great landing spot for Shattenkirk. He'll be playing with a tremendous partner no matter which pairing he's on. Nice chance for him to raise his value before hitting the market again next year, and also having a great chance to get his name on the Cup one slot after all his buddies in St. Louis.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 am Shatty signs with Tampa. 1 year, 2.75M. This makes me even angrier about the trade with Tampa for him we had arranged that he nixed

Although the eventual trade for Shatty netted us Stanley Cup final hero Zach Sanford, so I guess I shouldn't be too mad :lol:

I don’t understand this anger directed towards a guy that wanted to test free agency and was able to call the shots according to the contract he signed with the Blues.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

What a great landing spot for Shattenkirk. He'll be playing with a tremendous partner no matter which pairing he's on. Nice chance for him to raise his value before hitting the market again next year, and also having a great chance to get his name on the Cup one slot after all his buddies in St. Louis.
You think he'll get to run their No. 1 PP unit? If he does, then he will have a very good year, probably 45 to 55 points.. If he doesn't, then his numbers will be ordinary. PP points is his money maker.

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:43 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

You think he'll get to run their No. 1 PP unit? If he does, then he will have a very good year, probably 45 to 55 points.. If he doesn't, then his numbers will be ordinary. PP points is his money maker.
To be honest, I haven't seen him play much in the last couple years. I doubt he's the PP1 QB with Hedman on the team, but he should get some PP2 time. Even if he doesn't there are loads of secondary assists to be had with his outlet passes in Tampa.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 am

I don’t understand this anger directed towards a guy that wanted to test free agency and was able to call the shots according to the contract he signed with the Blues.
I agree, but I also think that Armstrong should have tried to trade him after the 2014/15 season. His value was the highest and I think even then Shattenkirk knew he wanted to go to the Rangers.

Shattenkirk expresses shock and anger over buyout
Kevin Shattenkirk spoke to reporters today after signing with the Lightning.

Stephen Whyno

@SWhyno
· 2h
Replying to @SWhyno
Shattenkirk says he was shocked about being bought out by Rangers: "I was pretty pissed off about it."

Stephen Whyno

@SWhyno
Shattenkirk: "I think I have a huge chip on my shoulder right now. It didn’t work out with injuries and performance and with the way the direction of the team, the way that kind of deteriorated from when I signed on July 1 to now."

11:17 AM - Aug 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
23 people are talking about this

The Shatty hate is hilarious.....dude was a fantastic player for the Blues and a leader in the locker room. I will never understand the hate on him for not being a defensive stalwart. The guy was a puck mover and point producer, that was his game....you need those guys as well. Dunn and Perunovich are the same, so if you didn't like Shatty, you aren't going to like those guys either.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am The Shatty hate is hilarious.....dude was a fantastic player for the Blues and a leader in the locker room. I will never understand the hate on him for not being a defensive stalwart. The guy was a puck mover and point producer, that was his game....you need those guys as well. Dunn and Perunovich are the same, so if you didn't like Shatty, you aren't going to like those guys either.
I don't get it either.... He held all the aces in a high stakes poker game, was he just supposed to fold?

Look back to when Shatty signed with NY: he's the top D-man on the market, the Rangers are just a few years removed from a Finals berth, they make clear to him their focus on being contenders, and he takes less money to go there. Just a few years later, his two previous teams have ended two of the most notorious championship droughts in the sport, his Rangers have publicly stated they are rebuilding, he had a down year just like the rest of the roster and he's the one getting bought out just a few years into the deal. I'd be pissed too.

With that said: there's no reason to be mad at a guy for wanting to play for his hometown team as an impending UFA. The deals he nixed were all dependent on him signing a contract with the new team, not to mention I'd personally rather have a Stanley Cup than Taylor Hall or Tyler Johnson anyways.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 am

I'm not that angry at him, but the little anger I have is irrational fan based anger of wanting the best for my team

For sure didn't have any problem with Shatty as a player here, he had a job and he was very good at it.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:21 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:14 am Am I not seeing all the post? Who is saying they hate Shattenkirk?
I should be more clear...just in general on multiple forums. People still hate that he rejected rumored trades to Edmonton and Tampa.
Hmm. I see.

Well he did cost the Blues Taylor Hall so I can understand some angst there, while still recognizing it was 100% within his rights to do so.

But as with all things, the Blues ended up with ROR and a Stanley Cup so all is right in the world.
Just a Russian propaganda account

It's not that he rejected the trade - he didn't have the power to do that.

Each team in question wanted to sign him to an extension, which he wouldn't even consider, so the trades fell apart. I heard from someone that Edmonton would have still traded for him for that one year of service, it just wasn't Taylor Hall coming back this way - the return was much lower.

He wanted to play for his hometown team, and he wanted to be paid like a first pairing defenceman - which he's not. I didn't dislike him but I didn't complain when he was traded.