Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

It's already light here in northwest Denmark. But, unfortunately, it's still way too early to yell! :D I'll watch the celebration a while longer, make a few more posts, and then put a tuque over my eyes and sleep till noon. I work at home until Saturday, when I teach a storyboarding class. Luckily, I work mostly at home, so, I can watch ALL The Blues' game, most of which run from 2:00 AM to 4:40 or so.

The feeling is still surreal. Reading and listening to game and post game coverage before I get on with my day.
Am I the only one who cried last night (and has cried a couple times since the end of the game)????
This is my first post in months. I swore off Blues message boards when I was busy working and didn’t have time to check in on here or any other board, then we started winning. It was clear I had to step away.

Congratulations to everyone whose lived and died with this team at any point.

Wanted to throw this in here, Ben Frederickson and Ben Hochman both have great columns in the PD today. I was able to get to the site and read them after answering survey questions so hopefully they work for everyone, well worth the read. Both do an incredible job of placing this moment in history.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 1f6.html#1

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 369d0.html

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 am My wife just called me and asked when the parade is, she says use the miles on the credit card and go. As tempting as that is, I can't take away from the kids ,we use those miles for family vacations when its subzero dead of winter. I trust you guys can take up my slack.
Same here....we talked about it, but we already have our family Flacation on the east coast side (Daytona Beach) planned....I would drive up...but yeah. Maybe there can be a mini-Blues parade down here in Florida somewhere I can go to :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am AMAZING!!!! I am not prepared for this feeling of not shame.
I told my wife that I don't know how to react to not being the also ran team in the Playoffs. I've never felt this way after the tournament, I guess it's shock and awe. Still hasn't set in yet.
The entirety of what has happened over the last two months is blowing my mind. Beating Boston in the Cup final after having to look at that Bobby Orr picture for my entire life. Never having to bow my head in shame when that fucking Yzerman goal comes on screen. They won it in the Bluesest way possible...at the last minute.

Oh yeah...and fuck Brad Marchand