Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:19 am
BlueinNy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am AMAZING!!!! I am not prepared for this feeling of not shame.
I told my wife that I don't know how to react to not being the also ran team in the Playoffs. I've never felt this way after the tournament, I guess it's shock and awe. Still hasn't set in yet.
The entirety of what has happened over the last two months is blowing my mind. Beating Boston in the Cup final after having to look at that Bobby Orr picture for my entire life. Never having to bow my head in shame when that fucking Yzerman goal comes on screen. They won it in the Bluesest way possible...at the last minute.

Oh yeah...and fuck Brad Marchand
Throw that fucking Bobby Orr statue in the harbor...
The boys exorcised the demons!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am just me or was it kind of weird that steen hands it to thorburn before all the players that actually played? i'd like to know the story there.
No story...just giving their respect to a veteran that paid a lot of dues over the years. There were some stories about what a great guy he's been around the team during this run and he was always considered a great locker room guy. A lot of personal issues with his child as well. He may not have been on the ice but that doesn't mean he wasn't an important piece of the bigger picture here.
They were talking about this on NHL radio this morning. I think Elliot Freedman tweeted about it or something. As was said, just respect to a long time NHL veteran, who went down to the AHL to provide leadership, away from his family and handled it like a pro. Something else that was mentioned was how the Blues were also class acts dealing with this. They called him up to the NHL roster before San Antonio we even done for the year. Not because there was really any chance that he would play, but so he could be back with family and special needs child. He also mentioned the fact that he also went on NHL insurance at that point, which is apparently a big deal especially for his family situation.

Good vibes all around on this one!!

We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it! We fucking did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!