Re: A little bit of levity

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 am Not for nothing...but they lost game three vs the Jets and the Sharks...and they were down 3-2 at one point in the second round. Things could be way worse and it was going to be 2-1 someone after three games.
Very true. But, as much as I have to admit it, the Bruins are better than either of those teams. I believe we will win game 4, but winning two games in Boston, will be a bitch.

barnburner wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 am Not for nothing...but they lost game three vs the Jets and the Sharks...and they were down 3-2 at one point in the second round. Things could be way worse and it was going to be 2-1 someone after three games.
Very true. But, as much as I have to admit it, the Bruins are better than either of those teams. I believe we will win game 4, but winning two games in Boston, will be a bitch.
Yeah...winning anything has been a challenge for the Blues this season....why stop now.

If we win tomorrow, we only have to win one game in Boston, we have to win 2 at home. I think I like our chances better taking 2 on the road now that I think about it!

Rivermanfan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm
If we win tomorrow, we only have to win one game in Boston, we have to win 2 at home. I think I like our chances better taking 2 on the road now that I think about it!
Is this the end of the world? No.

I just have a feeling that the longer the series goes, the more it plays into the Blues favor rather than the Bruins. Almost every team the Blues have faced outside of the Winnipeg series has started with the opposing team coming out and the Blues seems to get better and better as the series goes on. Game 3 was a disaster, no doubt about it, but if the Blues stay disciplined like Berube is talking about, they have a good shot. Also, for all the talk that Boston's top line had "finally broke through", I disagree a little. They broke through on the PP. They have yet to score 5v5. The Blues need to adjust their PK strategy a bit and have a bit of puck luck (I think 3 of the Bruins goals went in off Blues players).

Keep the positive thinking friends, the series isn't over yet.

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 am I just have a feeling that the longer the series goes, the more it plays into the Blues favor rather than the Bruins. Almost every team the Blues have faced outside of the Winnipeg series has started with the opposing team coming out and the Blues seems to get better and better as the series goes on. Game 3 was a disaster, no doubt about it, but if the Blues stay disciplined like Berube is talking about, they have a good shot. Also, for all the talk that Boston's top line had "finally broke through", I disagree a little. They broke through on the PP. They have yet to score 5v5. The Blues need to adjust their PK strategy a bit and have a bit of puck luck (I think 3 of the Bruins goals went in off Blues players).

Keep the positive thinking friends, the series isn't over yet.
Yeah, that was a lot of wishful thinking from the hockey pundits that the "perfection line" was back.

We need to stick to the gameplan.

So, we all know that the Blues' success is all about winning the battle of attrition. They get stronger as the game the game goes on, and the stats support this. Playoff goal differential by period:
1st: - 3
2nd: - 4
3rd: + 13 (not counting empty netters)

They also get stronger as the series goes on:
Record in games 1-4: 8-8
Record in games 5-7: 6-1

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:02 am Who among us could've predicted this headline back in December?

Yahoo! News-NBC Sports Boston: Bruins must find an answer for Vladimir Tarasenko to win Stanley Cup
There were people suggesting he be traded in Feb
I was one of those people. I said everyone but Robert Thomas and Colton Parayko should be available. I mentioned this in another thread, but I truly love this team, but in no case should I ever be allowed to be the GM. Doug Armstrong has done three incredible things in recent history. He got Braden Schenn and got rid of Lehtera. He traded Ryan Reaves for Sunquvist and a pick (Kosten), and he got ROR for Berglund, Sabotka, and Tage Thompson. Absolutely key moves that makes what we all hope happens today possible. But more incredible is what Army didn't do. He didn't blow it up in Jan/Feb this season. That to me in an incredibly ballsy and risky move. And man, has it ever paid off.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:32 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:02 am Who among us could've predicted this headline back in December?

Yahoo! News-NBC Sports Boston: Bruins must find an answer for Vladimir Tarasenko to win Stanley Cup
There were people suggesting he be traded in Feb
I was one of those people. I said everyone but Robert Thomas and Colton Parayko should be available. I mentioned this in another thread, but I truly love this team, but in no case should I ever be allowed to be the GM. Doug Armstrong has done three incredible things in recent history. He got Braden Schenn and got rid of Lehtera. He traded Ryan Reaves for Sunquvist and a pick (Kosten), and he got ROR for Berglund, Sabotka, and Tage Thompson. Absolutely key moves that makes what we all hope happens today possible. But more incredible is what Army didn't do. He didn't blow it up in Jan/Feb this season. That to me in an incredibly ballsy and risky move. And man, has it ever paid off.
And we all don't know how close it was back then. Perhaps one, two losses more in January and the trade festival would have been started...

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 amDuring game six there was a guy standing in front of me at HotShots...and he was almost crying. I gave him a fist bump and said everything would be alright. Thank fucking GOD I was right.
Now you can return to Hotshots with a clear conscience. Which seems really weird to say.