Re: GDT Game 2: Blues @ Jets, 830p CT, FSMW (Fri Apr 12)

barnburner wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 pm
insideout wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm To take both games against a team that good in a building that loud is something special. Really impressive.
Yes. Just hope that we don't come out of the series so injured that we can't compete in the second round.
That was a big worry of mine before the series. Furthermore, Jets might just look for blood if they feel the series is out of reach.

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 pm
insideout wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm To take both games against a team that good in a building that loud is something special. Really impressive.
Yes. Just hope that we don't come out of the series so injured that we can't compete in the second round.
That was a big worry of mine before the series. Furthermore, Jets might just look for blood if they feel the series is out of reach.
Blues need to outscore the zebras

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 am Looking over the box score, a couple of things interesting...

Kevin Hayes, who the Jets traded for to be their second line C, only played 8 minutes. Clearly Maurice hasn’t been impressed with him.

Ehlers only played 9 minutes. This I don’t get. Seems like he’s dangerous anytime he’s on the ice. Can’t believe he’s playing that little, but as a Blues fan I’ll take it
Maurice is more interested in beating the Blues up than winning... it's gonna cost him his job.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 am Looking over the box score, a couple of things interesting...

Kevin Hayes, who the Jets traded for to be their second line C, only played 8 minutes. Clearly Maurice hasn’t been impressed with him.

Ehlers only played 9 minutes. This I don’t get. Seems like he’s dangerous anytime he’s on the ice. Can’t believe he’s playing that little, but as a Blues fan I’ll take it
Yeah, Hayes I didn’t even notice tonight. Ehlers you can’t help but notice, crazy only 9 minutes.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:08 am

Maurice is more interested in beating the Blues up than winning... it's gonna cost him his job.
In the after game interview last night, Maurice was so tight jawed, that he was about to burst at the seams. He knows he has one foot in the unemployment line.

BillP. wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:14 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:45 am BillP, don’t read this article—lots of Sanford quotes! :lol:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... dd02c.html
I read it 😀 Still say he’s going back to the press box at some point. Its a shame Blais got hurt cause he would of held on to the spot. He was rocking at the time.
I tend to agree. But, if Chief wants to play a 75 year old one legged lady, I'm damned if I'll question it very much. :D

Ehlers went through concussion protocol, that's why he didn't get much ice.