Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 am They just need to end the season. There is no reason to keep this over everybody’s head giving them hope.
Do the right thing and cancel the whole goddamn thing. I don’t want hockey in July and August. Don’t taint the season by having some meaningless non standard playoff just to crown a champion. I wouldn’t want the Blues winning something that nobody on the outside would give them credit for when all is said and done.
Been saying this for weeks and couldn't agree more. I don't want a gimmick playoff just to the sake of having one that drags on well into the summer. Especially if it involves the idea of games in empty arenas.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 am They just need to end the season. There is no reason to keep this over everybody’s head giving them hope.
Do the right thing and cancel the whole goddamn thing. I don’t want hockey in July and August. Don’t taint the season by having some meaningless non standard playoff just to crown a champion. I wouldn’t want the Blues winning something that nobody on the outside would give them credit for when all is said and done.
Been saying this for weeks and couldn't agree more. I don't want a gimmick playoff just to the sake of having one that drags on well into the summer. Especially if it involves the idea of games in empty arenas.
I'm with you guys. Anything they try to do, other than just cancelling the season, will result in a mutant bastard of a season. Please for the love of Lord Stanley, just end it.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

C’mon guys, if they do end up coming back and playing hockey, you’ll all be watching and getting into it. And if the Blues win it again, to me there will be nothing cheap about it because we’re the defending champs. No one would question the validity of it if the Blues repeat.

BillP. wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:41 pm C’mon guys, if they do end up coming back and playing hockey, you’ll all be watching and getting into it. And if the Blues win it again, to me there will be nothing cheap about it because we’re the defending champs. No one would question the validity of it if the Blues repeat.
It's a shitty choice at this point. I'd LOVE to see some hockey again, but, it won't be what it should be if they started up again tomorrow.

Do I want to see hockey again and now? You're damn right I do.
Would it be the best thing for hockey and the NHL if they do? I really don't think so.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Matangama wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:22 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 amWhat if Tom Stillman marries Petro? That way he could pay him a minimum salary to circumvent the cap but as his spouse give him money on the back end. Is there a rule in place against this?
Tough times call for thinking outside the box! Well done, Dread!
"give him money on the back end" sounds like a transaction that Turk would be familiar with. Maybe he can join the Blues in another special VP position.