Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

Just for fun, I decided to watch some highlights from the playoff run last season. Rewatching those games and it’s abundantly clear that, even as good as the Blues have played so far this year, they have not played as fast, as hard, and as physical as they did during the playoffs last year. The Blues have another gear still, and that’s a great thing considering where we are in the standings right now

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:50 pm https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-ho ... =277729150

Pie is top 3. Man I really don't want to be crippled by a 10+/yr contract but it's looking more likely
I honestly think if it's $10M a year, it's only going to be a 4 or 5 year deal with the Blues, max.

If Petro wants to stay in St. Louis he's going to have to decide what he wants more, big money or an 8 year deal. I really don't think Army gives him both.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose him, but we can't let any one player cripple the team cap wise. I just wish the new TV contract money was already hitting the cap. That extra $10M in cap space sure would come in handy about now.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:20 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:50 pm https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-ho ... =277729150

Pie is top 3. Man I really don't want to be crippled by a 10+/yr contract but it's looking more likely
I honestly think if it's $10M a year, it's only going to be a 4 or 5 year deal with the Blues, max.

If Petro wants to stay in St. Louis he's going to have to decide what he wants more, big money or an 8 year deal. I really don't think Army gives him both.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose him, but we can't let any one player cripple the team cap wise. I just wish the new TV contract money was already hitting the cap. That extra $10M in cap space sure would come in handy about now.
Josi got $9M per year. He probably won't get more than Josi.

The advantage the Blues have is that we can sign him to an 8 year deal whereas other teams can only sign him to 7 years. For example, if a team wants to give Petro 7 years, $70m contract ($10M AAV), the Blues could give him an 8 year, $75M contract ($9.25M AAV), which would be more money in the end for Petro and a lower AAV for the Blues.

What I see happening is probably teams will be offering him around a $9M AAV, basically Josi's deal only one fewer year ($63M total over 7 years). The Blues would be able to beat that total with an 8x$8.5M deal ($68M total).

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:11 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:30 am Petro is going to test the open market but I'm hopeful he re-signs with us.
which worries me it could drive his price up
It is really going to come down to what Petro wants more;

1) Stay with St Louis and try to build a dynasty
or
2) Make as much money as humanly possible.

He can't do both in St. Louis. The ball rests completely in his court. He holds all the cards. It's his call. I'll stop with the damn cliches now.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:16 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:11 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:30 am Petro is going to test the open market but I'm hopeful he re-signs with us.
which worries me it could drive his price up
It is really going to come down to what Petro wants more;

1) Stay with St Louis and try to build a dynasty
or
2) Make as much money as humanly possible.

He can't do both in St. Louis. The ball rests completely in his court. He holds all the cards. It's his call. I'll stop with the damn cliches now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou