Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

BillP. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:42 pm Berube got the best out of everyone. Petro was just a different guy this post season. He actually got better and better each round. His name now just moved up the list of elite defensemen. You have to credit Berube for this. Toughening up Petro was no small task and Berube did that.
Berube is the SOLE reason for this turn around. He knew the kind of mentality the team needed in a goaler (army should relinquish goalie control to....even a drunk hobo pissing himself is better...)

Chief Berube is our saviour!!!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm 4.5mil/4yr ntc to fabbri "to help boost his confidence" seems like the type of boneheaded signing army would do
Yup, that guy clearly has mo idea how to build a winner.
Forced to bring in the winning coach due to a great choice in yeo.

Caught lightning in a bottle with the 6th string goalie the interim coach wanted up.

Army sure is great..... :eyeroll:
Ok which couch is Ashton Kutcher hiding behind?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:14 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:04 pm I think that besides maybe ROR and SunnyD, you could say the whole team blew the first couple months of the season. And you DO expect more out of your leaders like Tarasenko, Schenn, Parayko, Petro, etc. DA even said on NHL radio he had a deal ready to go 'for one of our UFA for a 2nd round pick'. We can look back now and say whatever, but at the time it was damn bleak looking for 99.9% of any observing this team.

But as Dave says, "whatever, the Blues won the Cup!" :twisted:
exactly...this team was fe fi fo fucked at the start. Pretty sure everybody but ROR and SunnyD were getting called out.
How bout fe fi Yeo fucked at the start :lol:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm 4.5mil/4yr ntc to fabbri "to help boost his confidence" seems like the type of boneheaded signing army would do

Caught lightning in a bottle with the 6th string goalie the interim coach wanted up.

I think anyone who wins along with it comes dumb luck. Blues finally got some dumb luck and road it to the Cup. Can’t complain!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Ok which couch is Ashton Kutcher hiding behind?
Demi moores?

Im sure this is a pop culture reference im missing...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BillP. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:38 pm

I think anyone who wins along with it comes dumb luck. Blues finally got some dumb luck and road it to the Cup. Can’t complain!
Thats fair. Im still a fan and see areas needing improvement however. Cant sit back and think "hunkydory there is no way to improve here".

Armstrong is a MASTER at trades. Probably the best ive ever witnessed.

Contracts signing ill admit he is super hit or fail.

Goalie evaluation however is embarrassing at the best.

Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

I'd say hell yeah to that but I'm not sure LA would. Edmundson (and his underlying stats, for nerds like me) had really shitty stretches through the year and playoffs and is set to be a UFA on July 1. If they need slightly more salary space I could see it as I don't think Ed is getting a huge payday this year but time will tell. I'd love to see it happen if Toffolis salary could fit and we could add a top four LHD still.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm I'd say hell yeah to that but I'm not sure LA would. Edmundson (and his underlying stats, for nerds like me) had really shitty stretches through the year and playoffs and is set to be a UFA on July 1. If they need slightly more salary space I could see it as I don't think Ed is getting a huge payday this year but time will tell. I'd love to see it happen if Toffolis salary could fit and we could add a top four LHD still.

Maybe this is what you meant, but just to clarify, JEd will be a RFA this summer. I believe with arbitration rights too.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm I'd say hell yeah to that but I'm not sure LA would. Edmundson (and his underlying stats, for nerds like me) had really shitty stretches through the year and playoffs and is set to be a UFA on July 1. If they need slightly more salary space I could see it as I don't think Ed is getting a huge payday this year but time will tell. I'd love to see it happen if Toffolis salary could fit and we could add a top four LHD still.

Maybe this is what you meant, but just to clarify, JEd will be a RFA this summer. I believe with arbitration rights too.
Yep, my bad

BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:10 pm So what opposing team do you want to play in the home opener next year? What team do you want standing there as the Blues get their rings and celebrate their championship?

I say let it be the Hawks.
My vote is for the Hawks, Winnipeg, Dallas, or Colorado. This is so those fan bases that talk a lot of shit can grumble and cry about it.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 pm What do you guys think about a Edmundson for Tyler Toffoli deal? Kings could use some help on the left side of their D and Toffoli is coming off his worst season since his rookie year....he's also a UFA after next season.
I know I have been mad at Toffoli several times when he played us. That means he is a good player. So yeah, I will listen to this deal. Is it straight up?

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:10 pm So what opposing team do you want to play in the home opener next year? What team do you want standing there as the Blues get their rings and celebrate their championship?

My vote is for the Hawks, Winnipeg, Dallas, or Colorado. This is so those fan bases that talk a lot of shit can grumble and cry about it.
Bruins.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm

I like those picks, particularly the Hawks (for obvious reasons) and Colorado (for one very obvious toupee'd reason). I also think it'd be fun if you went the other route. Inevitably a few players from this team are going to be playing elsewhere in October. Suppose Schenn gets traded somewhere at the draft. I think it'd be cool to have him back in the house for that game, even if it's against some random team like Florida.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 pm What do you guys think about a Edmundson for Tyler Toffoli deal? Kings could use some help on the left side of their D and Toffoli is coming off his worst season since his rookie year....he's also a UFA after next season.
I like the idea, just not sure where he fits. Something like Perron-O'Reilly-Toffoli on the 2nd line?

This also would keep Kyrou down in the A. But it's good value for JEd and his cap hit for next year is palatable.

Cujo's Mask wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 am

Hawks, Preds, or Avs. In that order.
Preds would be a good choice. I think it would probably piss them off the most. The Hawks are bigger rivals but have 3 recent Cups and weren't thought to be contenders last year. The Preds probably feel like last year was their year. They also have the sting of being in the Final recently but coming away empty handed.

BillP. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:42 pm Berube got the best out of everyone. Petro was just a different guy this post season. He actually got better and better each round. His name now just moved up the list of elite defensemen. You have to credit Berube for this. Toughening up Petro was no small task and Berube did that.
Exactly right. Everything about Petro's game reeked of timidity to the point that I wanted him gone at any cost. Somehow Chief did the impossible, and turned him into a difference maker, and a legitimate leader.
Berube is the master motivator.