Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 pm What if they can snag back B Elliott for say 2 years at $2-3M as his backup? He is a UFA.

Not sure what he has left, but he always thrived as a backup goalie more so than a starter, and not sure what his feelings would be about coming back to STL.
I think he would make a good compliment to Binnington because he plays a style much more similar to Binnington than Allen. Would make it much easier for the skaters to adjust to the play style, with the notable exception of how they play the puck.

Re: 2019 Offseason signings, trades, news thread

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am When does Thomas become due for his next RFA contract? I like Thomas but part of me wonders whose better long term?

Schenn 7x7

Or

Thomas 5-6x7 on his next dealas it seems many top end players are getting paid in their second contract.

I may be in the vast minority here, but Thomas's injury history and size concerns me as a number 2c. Unless DA can do a bridge deal with Thomas?
Thomas has not done anything to earn anywhere close to 7 mil. He plays out the next 2 years of his ELC and then he goes to arbitration for a 2 year contract. Which will be 3.5 ish.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 am

Also keep in mind Petro is going to get re-signed. I know we had lots of talk about trading him and such, but after this SC run there is no way they don't re-sign him. Petro has a $7M cap hit right now. We all know JBo is done after this year, his cap hit is $3.25M. Petro will get a lot of that...Karlsson just got $11M, lets say Petro gets $9.5M. Some salary is going to have to get moved out (Bozak) and some young players are going to have to produce on entry level deals (Reinke, Kyrou, etc) if we want to re-sign Schenn.
Yeah this off season would be a lot easier if Steen retired.

39hurricane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Also keep in mind Petro is going to get re-signed. I know we had lots of talk about trading him and such, but after this SC run there is no way they don't re-sign him. Petro has a $7M cap hit right now. We all know JBo is done after this year, his cap hit is $3.25M. Petro will get a lot of that...Karlsson just got $11M, lets say Petro gets $9.5M. Some salary is going to have to get moved out (Bozak) and some young players are going to have to produce on entry level deals (Reinke, Kyrou, etc) if we want to re-sign Schenn.
Steen’s hit on Burns where he wobbles and falls and the Blues score 37 seconds in is one of my favorite plays of the year. Moving him to 4th line was such a good call. He played great down the stretch, I think he’s earned his keep for now, despite the cap.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Steen’s hit on Burns where he wobbles and falls and the Blues score 37 seconds in is one of my favorite plays of the year. Moving him to 4th line was such a good call. He played great down the stretch, I think he’s earned his keep for now, despite the cap.
I agree.

barnburner wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:31 am

I agree.
I think Steen plays for one more run and then hangs 'em up.

39hurricane wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am When does Thomas become due for his next RFA contract? I like Thomas but part of me wonders whose better long term?

Schenn 7x7

Or

Thomas 5-6x7 on his next dealas it seems many top end players are getting paid in their second contract.

I may be in the vast minority here, but Thomas's injury history and size concerns me as a number 2c. Unless DA can do a bridge deal with Thomas?
Thomas has not done anything to earn anywhere close to 7 mil. He plays out the next 2 years of his ELC and then he goes to arbitration for a 2 year contract. Which will be 3.5 ish.
Nope...that part of the economic game is changing. I don’t see a bridge contract in his future.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 am Somebody on NHL radio....maybe a Flyers scribe mentioned he thought the Flyers might have interest in Allen and the Blues in Elliott
I hope they are well connected because I would be very okay with that. Blues need to get Allen off their books. Can't have 11 million tied up in goaltending. And honestly, I think he has trade value in this league.
Just a Russian propaganda account

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:59 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:14 am Somebody on NHL radio....maybe a Flyers scribe mentioned he thought the Flyers might have interest in Allen and the Blues in Elliott
I'd think Columbus would potentially have interest in Allen as well.
Yeah...I think there are options for him for sure. I don’t know what they would give up but they don’t have many picks left in this draft

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Just looked it up...Columbus only has a 3rd and 7th rounder for this draft! That 7th rounder isn’t even their own pick...it’s Calgary’s original pick!
Man...I love what they did but this will hurt them down the road.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:12 pm Just looked it up...Columbus only has a 3rd and 7th rounder for this draft! That 7th rounder isn’t even their own pick...it’s Calgary’s original pick!
Man...I love what they did but this will hurt them down the road.
Jarmo's got some stones. Glad they were able to get that amazing series win over Tampa, but boy are they going to have a hard time in the next few years. They still have maybe the best tandem of young D in the league in Jones and Werenski, but really not a lot to get excited about otherwise. The good news is that they'll have their first round pick next season unless the re-sign Duchene. Gonna be a hell of a project for Jarmo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 am

Schenn 7x7

Or

Nope...that part of the economic game is changing. I don’t see a bridge contract in his future.
Are you saying he's going to get a 7 mil contract? Because if he does we might as well just go ahead and have another lock out.

For example, Schwartz's second contract was 2.35 for 2 years. I think thats comparable. Add for inflation. 2 years 3.5 mil like I said.

I think it depends on the type of season/s that Thomas has in 19/20 and 20/21. If he has breakout season of 60+ points over the next two years, he is NOT going to take a bridge deal. Now, if he stays around the 40ish area, then sure, bridge him. But we'll see. DA may force the issue, but these kids are going for big $$$ and long term as soon as they can it seems.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

39hurricane wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Are you saying he's going to get a 7 mil contract? Because if he does we might as well just go ahead and have another lock out.

For example, Schwartz's second contract was 2.35 for 2 years. I think thats comparable. Add for inflation. 2 years 3.5 mil like I said.
You're both right. Bridge contracts are basically dead, but Thomas hasn't done anything to earn a huge payday yet. That's fine, he has 2 more years to do so. I think if he develops like we all think and hope, he's going to see a lot bigger contract than a guy like Schwartz did. Schwartz was coming off a 56 point season when he signed that second contract. Flash-forward to this season where Nylander signed a 6 year deal just under $7M/season after posting his second straight 61 point season. It's not apples to apples, but things are trending upward on these second contracts to good young players.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 pm
39hurricane wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:59 pm

You're both right. Bridge contracts are basically dead, but Thomas hasn't done anything to earn a huge payday yet. That's fine, he has 2 more years to do so. I think if he develops like we all think and hope, he's going to see a lot bigger contract than a guy like Schwartz did. Schwartz was coming off a 56 point season when he signed that second contract. Flash-forward to this season where Nylander signed a 6 year deal just under $7M/season after posting his second straight 61 point season. It's not apples to apples, but things are trending upward on these second contracts to good young players.
That's good. I hear ya. If Thomas has consecutive 61 point seasons, then yeah, he gets a fat contract. He's gonna be real good. But I think 61 points is a high expectation.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:40 am
barnburner wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:31 am

I agree.
I think Steen plays for one more run and then hangs 'em up.
Sounds about right.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:55 pm Are there any free agents you guys want to target or is it just about bringing mostly the same team back?
All depends on what we do with Gunnar and Jed but Ben Chiarot is a player that I'd be very interested in and I'd kick the tires on Corey Perry. If you can get him on the cheap with a one year deal, he could be a real bargain. If he doesn't work out, you can drop him down to 3rd or 4th line minutes and put him on the PP.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:55 pm Are there any free agents you guys want to target or is it just about bringing mostly the same team back?
All depends on what we do with Gunnar and Jed but Ben Chiarot is a player that I'd be very interested in and I'd kick the tires on Corey Perry. If you can get him on the cheap with a one year deal, he could be a real bargain. If he doesn't work out, you can drop him down to 3rd or 4th line minutes and put him on the PP.
Picking up Chiarot would hurt the Jets more too which is good. If we can send Jed somewhere I'd be all for that.