Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 pm
barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Absolutely.
They better only have one inductee a year. Pool would get thin pretty quickly.
Problem is, if you just select one a year, some of the potential inductees are going to die first. I'd think maybe two a year. If we run out of qualified candidates, then we go a year or two with no inductees.
Don't have a fixed number. Maybe have a few "categories" but you don't have to put someone in each year from each category.

Maybe the inaugural class is just people from the beginning up to the 79-80 season. No limit, can be players, ownership, and/or management.

After that initial class, you can use the same categories, maybe cap it at 2 per category but no minimum. Or rotate through the categories and put one in each year from just one category.

Just spitballing ideas at this point. I'm sure once we figure it out, T.C. will forward the info on to Stillman and Co. so they have something to work with.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Hall of Fames almost always go with the max amount to maximize fan turnout. That would especially be the case for a team run Hall like this. They'd never skip a year because it would mean they don't get that revenue stream that year. I don't know what the right cap is, but if it's too high Berglund gets in eventually.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:28 pm Hall of Fames almost always go with the max amount to maximize fan turnout. That would especially be the case for a team run Hall like this. They'd never skip a year because it would mean they don't get that revenue stream that year. I don't know what the right cap is, but if it's too high Berglund gets in eventually.
:shock:
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Problem is, if you just select one a year, some of the potential inductees are going to die first. I'd think maybe two a year. If we run out of qualified candidates, then we go a year or two with no inductees.
Don't have a fixed number. Maybe have a few "categories" but you don't have to put someone in each year from each category.

Maybe the inaugural class is just people from the beginning up to the 79-80 season. No limit, can be players, ownership, and/or management.

After that initial class, you can use the same categories, maybe cap it at 2 per category but no minimum. Or rotate through the categories and put one in each year from just one category.

Just spitballing ideas at this point. I'm sure once we figure it out, T.C. will forward the info on to Stillman and Co. so they have something to work with.
This sounds like a solid plan.

There was a time, not that long ago, when a St. Louis Blues Hall of Fame would have sounded kind of sad.* What a difference a Stanley Cup makes.

*I recall a commentator saying around the time of the Bernie statue unveiling that the franchise’s statue-to-championship ratio was getting a little out of whack. It hurt because it was true.

barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 am Great idea by a fan on the recent Jeff Gordon chat. He said the Blues should have their own HOF like the Cardinals and have an induction ceremony every year. Gordo agreed saying Stillman should pick up on it and it would be a great marketing tool.
Absolutely.
I think so too. The exception for more would be other possibilities, like coaches, broadcasters or other behind the scene individuals.

Scruffy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:12 pm

There was a time, not that long ago, when a St. Louis Blues Hall of Fame would have sounded kind of sad.* What a difference a Stanley Cup makes.

*I recall a commentator saying around the time of the Bernie statue unveiling that the franchise’s statue-to-championship ratio was getting a little out of whack. It hurt because it was true.
I found out last night that Philly has a statue of Doug Pederson and Nick Foles outside their football stadium, commemorating the "Philly Special" from their Super Bowl win, a play they stole from the Patriots. At least our statues are of players that were bona fide superstars.

Also, fuck the Patriots.

Also, while we're at it, fuck the NFL.

The statue I want is the Berglund face plant shot statue, and just under Berglund's nose as he's almost on the ground I want a statue of Lehtera putting a coke line down for him. Without those two, the Blues wouldn't have ROR and Schenn and therefor wouldn't have a cup. Bergy and Lehtera are the two most important Blues in history.
Just a Russian propaganda account

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am
Scruffy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:12 pm

I found out last night that Philly has a statue of Doug Pederson and Nick Foles outside their football stadium, commemorating the "Philly Special" from their Super Bowl win, a play they stole from the Patriots. At least our statues are of players that were bona fide superstars.

Also, fuck the Patriots.

Also, while we're at it, fuck the NFL.
Especially the NFL.

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm... Don't have a fixed number. Maybe have a few "categories" but you don't have to put someone in each year from each category.

Maybe the inaugural class is just people from the beginning up to the 79-80 season. No limit, can be players, ownership, and/or management. ...
Is there room in your Hall of Fame for special contributors to The Blues Vibe over the years? People like Charles Glenn, for instance, and Ernie Hayes for sure. Maybe even Towel Guy as a Love Him-or-Hate Him nominee. But for God's sake, NOT the guy who plays Louie! :twisted:

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm... Don't have a fixed number. Maybe have a few "categories" but you don't have to put someone in each year from each category.

Maybe the inaugural class is just people from the beginning up to the 79-80 season. No limit, can be players, ownership, and/or management. ...
Is there room in your Hall of Fame for special contributors to The Blues Vibe over the years? People like Charles Glenn, for instance, and Ernie Hayes for sure. Maybe even Towel Guy as a Love Him-or-Hate Him nominee. But for God's sake, NOT the guy who plays Louie! :twisted:
Sure. Those make sense, except for the Towel Guy. I agree, it's love or hate. But I have to admit that since he's disliked by other teams like that fuckin' song the Hawks play after a goal, he does serve a purpose.

stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:15 pm... I have to admit that since he's disliked by other teams like that fuckin' song the Hawks play after a goal, he does serve a purpose.
That reminds me: There needs to be a HOF category for gameday music. "When The Blues Go Marching In" becomes the first inductee. And the Ameren UE power play song is ineligible for the duration.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 am
stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:15 pm... I have to admit that since he's disliked by other teams like that fuckin' song the Hawks play after a goal, he does serve a purpose.
That reminds me: There needs to be a HOF category for gameday music. "When The Blues Go Marching In" becomes the first inductee. And the Ameren UE power play song is ineligible for the duration.
How about Louie doing the Power Play dance...that should be the induction song, and all Blues HOF winners MUST do the PP dance during the acceptance speech ;)

"Do Only Good Everyday"

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 pm

We gotta induct the Powerplay Dance!!!
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

So what to make of this? Depends on Blais' injury I guess. Usually when a guy is taking a maintenance day they just throw a healthy scratch into his spot to keep the other 3 lines consistent, which doesn't seem to be the case here. If Blais is out longer term, it'd be interesting to see how Barby does with ROR-DP. Having said that, DLR centering the bottom line seems odd. If he hasn't looked good, do you want him to have the most responsibility on that line? Then there's the Brouwer question. His decision day comes tomorrow. If he is signed does he enter the lineup or stay in the pressbox for a while? Maybe they don't want him taking line rushes until he's under contract, in which case Kostin's spot in that lineup makes the most sense.

I don't know, the more I look at these lines the less sense they make. Maybe Barby is holding a spot for Kyrou, then goes back to 4C tomorrow with Kostin and DLR going to SA. I WANT ANSWERS!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!