Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:31 pm Of note: Blues played 2 games in less than 24 hours in two different cities. Jake Allen did not start either of them.
Per Berube, Allen had the flu and wasn't ready for Sunday. Besides, the season is young and they haven't played a ton, Binnington IMO actually plays better when he's got a heavier load, unlike Jake. Jake will still get 25-30 games, but I bet Berube rides the Winnington bus as much as possible :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:27 pm True or False:

Robbie Fabbri will be placed on Waivers by Blues this season.
False. He's tradeable. Even if just for joe the custodial engineer with one eye that can only clean when out on parole after the "bleaching incident"
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

I think it's more likely that he's a nice throw in should we find someone willing to take Jake Allen off our hands or as a part of some other trade.

He may have to clear waivers to get sent to San Antonio, but he won't be straight out waived. Then, if he clears waivers, his salary is off the cap, if I'm understanding the CBA correctly. (As per Article 50.5(d)(i)(B)(6) of the NHL CBA, players sent to the minors will see their salary cap hit reduced by the league minimum, which sits at $700,000 this year, plus $375,000.) Since he only makes $900,000 I would imagine his whole salary is gone if he clears waivers.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:51 pm

I think it's more likely that he's a nice throw in should we find someone willing to take Jake Allen off our hands or as a part of some other trade.

He may have to clear waivers to get sent to San Antonio, but he won't be straight out waived. Then, if he clears waivers, his salary is off the cap, if I'm understanding the CBA correctly. (As per Article 50.5(d)(i)(B)(6) of the NHL CBA, players sent to the minors will see their salary cap hit reduced by the league minimum, which sits at $700,000 this year, plus $375,000.) Since he only makes $900,000 I would imagine his whole salary is gone if he clears waivers.
You want a team to take Jake AND Fabbri? Wouldn't wish that in my worst enemy.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:49 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:51 pm

You want a team to take Jake AND Fabbri? Wouldn't wish that in my worst enemy.
A man can dream, can't he?
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:52 pm Impressive to be in first with a goal differential of +1. I’m not sure if that’s a good sign or smoke and mirrors sign.
The last few games have been the Blues hockey that won the Cup. Not always perfect full 60 minute effort, but the Blues are confident in their ability to put on a high level of pressure AND score,. They also have played with high confidence in JB50 and the coaching staff. The good news is that there is plenty of room for improvement from many players, and that should compensate for when Schenn and DP57 come down from playing so far above their norm. Honestly, I'm very confident in this team to go far. I don't think Boston and Edmonton can sustain the torrid pace they are on, so IMHO, the Blues are still the Cup favorites just because they know how to win, even when things don't go their way...and when things DO go their way.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:52 pm Impressive to be in first with a goal differential of +1. I’m not sure if that’s a good sign or smoke and mirrors sign.
What was our goal differential in the playoffs? It couldn't have been that great compared to some other Cup winners.

I'm happy where we are. Only one injury and we've banked a lot of points already. I think the guys are understandably a bit complacent after the short summer but they really have that championship vibe or swagger to them.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 pm
What was our goal differential in the playoffs? It couldn't have been that great compared to some other Cup winners.

I'm happy where we are. Only one injury and we've banked a lot of points already. I think the guys are understandably a bit complacent after the short summer but they really have that championship vibe or swagger to them.
Don’t know how it compares to previous winners but it was +5 to answer the question.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:09 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Don’t know how it compares to previous winners but it was +5 to answer the question.
So as it stands right now only 4 goals off of our Stanley Cup winning differential. I think this is who they are as a team. :)

Now that we're well into the season and the standings are starting to have some real meaning, I keep having the same wonderful experience. Almost every national podcast or broadcast has at least one reminder as they discuss teams struggling at the start of the season that, "we're not going to see another story like the 2019 St. Louis Blues." As we get further into this season, it's awesome to have those little reminders of last year. Makes me smile every time.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:32 am Now that we're well into the season and the standings are starting to have some real meaning, I keep having the same wonderful experience. Almost every national podcast or broadcast has at least one reminder as they discuss teams struggling at the start of the season that, "we're not going to see another story like the 2019 St. Louis Blues." As we get further into this season, it's awesome to have those little reminders of last year. Makes me smile every time.
It's unreal. That roller coaster ride was worth the wait. What a season. You could almost feel the magic as you were watching the games. A couple times a week, I still watch videos of the playoffs on youtube.
KA-KAW!

barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 am Great idea by a fan on the recent Jeff Gordon chat. He said the Blues should have their own HOF like the Cardinals and have an induction ceremony every year. Gordo agreed saying Stillman should pick up on it and it would be a great marketing tool.
Absolutely.
They better only have one inductee a year. Pool would get thin pretty quickly.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 pm
barnburner wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 am Great idea by a fan on the recent Jeff Gordon chat. He said the Blues should have their own HOF like the Cardinals and have an induction ceremony every year. Gordo agreed saying Stillman should pick up on it and it would be a great marketing tool.
Absolutely.
They better only have one inductee a year. Pool would get thin pretty quickly.
Problem is, if you just select one a year, some of the potential inductees are going to die first. I'd think maybe two a year. If we run out of qualified candidates, then we go a year or two with no inductees.