Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 am True or False

DA will acquire another top 9 forward this season.
I think the lack of cap space will make this really difficult. Any trade they make will require relatively equal salary going back the other way and there aren't many cheap top 9 forwards on the market.

So for that, I vote...FALSE! Unless someone is dumb enough to take Jake Allen, but someone took Lehtera so you never know.
Just a Russian propaganda account

This is a fantastic True/False question. I say false. The top 3 centers are going anywhere, I think we see Kostin at some point, the wingers on the middle six lines shuffle about a fair amount, but I don't see a big trade.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I will go TRUE. I think a young player like Sanford is added to a deal with Allen and a pick to fit in a rental forward. UNLESS, Thomas or Blais take a step forward and fill the need.
Thomas and Blais have already proven their value. It's Sanford and Fabbri that aren't pulling their weight. If Kostin doesn't come up and grab a spot, I do believe a deal will have to be in the works. It sure would help if Allen would play well and put up some eye popping numbers. Like you said, him and Sanford in a deal makes a lot of sense. But Allen needs to pump up his market value. Let's hope he does.

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:36 pm Ho-Sang is just sitting there for the taking and he’s cheap too.
Islanders are giving up on him? Is he that much of a disappointment or he just can't play for Trotz?
He's another uncoachable bust like Yakupov. Dude's 23 now he just doesn't get the NHL level game IMO.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:36 pm Ho-Sang is just sitting there for the taking and he’s cheap too.
Islanders are giving up on him? Is he that much of a disappointment or he just can't play for Trotz?
He's another uncoachable bust like Yakupov. Dude's 23 now he just doesn't get the NHL level game IMO.
Let me know if you feel that way in a few weeks after the Penguins trade for him
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Let me know if you feel that way in a few weeks after the Penguins trade for him
:lol: If anyone can turn that guy around it's Mario and Sid.

Actually Berube maybe could get the most out of him also, I just don't know how much he really has to give at the NHL level. We shall see soon I'd guess.

I was pretty surprised he got through waivers. Maybe there's more to the story besides supposedly being "difficult". That or teams are just too conservative for their own good.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 am

I was pretty surprised he got through waivers. Maybe there's more to the story besides supposedly being "difficult". That or teams are just too conservative for their own good.
He's 23 and looks 30. I think teams are wise to be conservative in this case.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=160279

He’s worth taking a chance on. I’m surprised the Hawks haven’t got involved yet. Bowman loves these kinds of moves.
Hi-Sang has a legit NHL skillset. Somebody is going to trade for him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:28 am Holy Cow, didn’t realize this but according to PD this morning:

With just $165,000 of salary-cap space available according to CapFriendly.com, the Blues will find it difficult to call up a player from San Antonio.
Makes me wonder if Army wants to flip Fabbri. He doesn’t really seem to have a spot on this team, and shedding his $ would provide enough for some cap wiggle room.

BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:28 am Holy Cow, didn’t realize this but according to PD this morning:

With just $165,000 of salary-cap space available according to CapFriendly.com, the Blues will find it difficult to call up a player from San Antonio.
I'm a bit surprised the Blues have kept a full stable on the roster instead of waiving and sending someone down to ease the cap, especially during these home stands.

stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am Tank to the repair shop :(

BREAKING NEWS: Vladimir Tarasenko will require surgery on his left shoulder and will be re-evaluated in five months. http://bit.ly/349QGiE
Could the bright side be some LTIR cap relief? Grasping at straws, sure, but why not try and be positive?
It could be; along with the opportunities for Walker, Kostin, and/or Kyrou and others. Still, it'll be hard to replace the 50+ points he'd have put up over the next 5 months.
"Do Only Good Everyday"