Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs NJ Devils - 7:00 - FSMW/KMOX - 2/12

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 am Still no Perron on the ice for the Blues and Fabbri is still not good enough to beat out the likes of Sanford and Mac

Schenn-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Bozak-Steen
Sanford-Sundqvist-Maroon
MacEachern-Barbashev-Thomas

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Binnington
I'm guessing Fabbri has about 13 days left as a St. Louis Blue. I believe he has enough value that somebody might want to take a chance on him knowing they can probably sign him to a reasonable deal next season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:16 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 am Still no Perron on the ice for the Blues and Fabbri is still not good enough to beat out the likes of Sanford and Mac

Schwartz-Bozak-Steen
Sanford-Sundqvist-Maroon

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Binnington
I'm guessing Fabbri has about 13 days left as a St. Louis Blue. I believe he has enough value that somebody might want to take a chance on him knowing they can probably sign him to a reasonable deal next season.
I still think giving up on Fabbri is a mistake. This year should be a get back year and then next year, if he's struggling, then try to move him. I understand the want to do it now since he still holds some value, but you're still selling low on him. I'd be interested to see if there is any difference between if Fabbri or Steen or Maroon is in right now. My guess would probably be no, outside of the fight with McLeod?

Regarding Fabbri, while he's surely not back to his old self, I also think he can't crack the lineup right now due to the simple fact that this group is rolling. Berube is an old school guy, and "don't break up a winning lineup" is a top 5 old school coach cliche. It may be true that he just doesn't have a role with this team anymore though, so perhaps he's on his way out.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Why trade Fabbri? I own a few penny stocks. It is very unlikely that they will amount to anything, but I hold them anyway because every once in a while you get a miracle. No point in selling them because the return would be negligible. And I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of them went belly-up. That's kind of how I see Fabbri. Unless a GM is willing to overpay for him, they might as well ride it out.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm I’m worried about this game bring a trap. I could see a letdown in effort after winning those previous 3 against TB and Nashville. Hope the men show up
Yes, this has all the makings of a classic trap game. It'd be nice to see a comfortable win in such a scenario, but hell I'll take a squeaker too.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 pm I’m worried about this game bring a trap. I could see a letdown in effort after winning those previous 3 against TB and Nashville. Hope the men show up
Yes, this has all the makings of a classic trap game. It'd be nice to see a comfortable win in such a scenario, but hell I'll take a squeaker too.
It wouldn't kill them to lose tonight, but I see this game as another test for a team that's trying to overcome some ugly trends. "Consistently win games we are supposed to win" has to be on their checklist of changes they need to make if they want to be contenders.

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:16 am

Schwartz-Bozak-Steen
Sanford-Sundqvist-Maroon

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Binnington
I still think giving up on Fabbri is a mistake. This year should be a get back year and then next year, if he's struggling, then try to move him. I understand the want to do it now since he still holds some value, but you're still selling low on him. I'd be interested to see if there is any difference between if Fabbri or Steen or Maroon is in right now. My guess would probably be no, outside of the fight with McLeod?
I don't want to see him moved either
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"