Re: GDT: St Louis Blues(+Bradley & Mook) at Tampa Bay - 6:30 - FSMW/KMOX - 2/7

I really don't understand the forcing of Steen into the top 6, and all you hear from JR, Korac, and the bunch is that Thomas was injured, is 19, and needs to build back up to the play he was at. My response is ok, but Steen was injured and out for about the same amount of time and almost immediately returned to a top 6 role he is CLEARLY no longer suited for at all, but yes, let's keep pushing the young guys needs to build back up line. Put Thomas between Schwartz and Fabbri, move Bozak and Steen down to be with Sunny D, and put Sanford and Maroon with Barbashev. Having Maroon or MacEachern playing right now over Fabbri is just dumb. I don't think MacEachern has played bad but if Fabbri is to get back to close to what he was, he needs to PLAY, not be in the pressbox.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues(+Bradley & Mook) at Tampa Bay - 6:30 - FSMW/KMOX - 2/7

I wouldn't read too much into the lines just yet. If Thomas has a good showing early in the game (this is still only his 3rd game back from his injury, IIRC), he'll get more ice time in ES O-zone starts and probably on the PP, while Steen is still one of our top PK and defensive-zone guys, and will likely get the bulk of his time there. Which zone the Blues get most of their starts in will probably be a big factor in who gets how much ice time. If I'm Tampa, I MUCH rather throw out my top scorers against that 4th line than against any of the other three. Maybe there'll be some surprises?