Re: Berglund rules out playing this season.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:02 pm
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:54 pm Good luck Bergy. Get well soon! I've been dealing with major depression and bi-polar disorder for most of my adult life. It sucks but it's treatable.
The hardest thing I've had to learn is that how I deal with my personal issues and challenges isn't how I should expect others to deal. When I get depressed, it hits hard and fast, and I've learned to recognize and deal with by 'letting the negative out' by either physical activity or listening to dark music. My wife on the other hand is more self talk and therapy and it lasts longer, so I have to be patient and listen and support.

The hardest thing is seeing someone you love depressed and not being able to 'cure' them. But by being there for them and listening and ensuring they get the help they need is what they need. Not sure if this makes sense, as it's not easy to talk about, and I'm fucking tearing up as I type this. I lost a brother to suicide a few years back, and one of my best high school friends took his life senior skip day almost 30 years ago. I still have the scars I made on my hands from dealing with that loss back then. It took years before I opened up to someone about the hurt that caused, but the memory of his mom's sadness and carrying his casket had always been a reason I kept going, even when times were darkest. That, and knowing tomorrow is s new day. I think of the few times when I was younger and moments away...and I'd have never met my wife, nor been a father to me beautiful girls.

/

Yeah when it hits me it hits freaking hard. I definitely notice the triggers now though and as soon as possible I hit the gym like a mad man with my headphones blasting some Pantera White Zombie and Nine Inch Nails. It helps.

Re: Berglund rules out playing this season.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:52 am Looks like Bergy will be back playing hockey next season.

Should we bring him and Oshie back? Get the BOP line back together? :)

Seriously, I wonder if the Blues would consider bringing him back? Do we have any room for him?

Personally, no.
As Noel Picard might have said, "Time stands still for no man. Fuck no, Tiger!"