Re: Other NHL Games & News

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:40 pm

"Illness"
Posted in the trade thread, but it cracks me up.
Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) tweeted at 5:25 PM on Tue, Feb 19, 2019:
So, you have doubts that Panarin's current illness is legit, given the trade deadline is less than a week away?

Allow Torts to explain ->>

"I was told that he’s sick, not eating. He shit his pants, he was puking, he was doing everything. So, enough.”
TMI , Torts. :oops:

Scottie Upshall on TSN, says the Blues are a great bunch of guys, that he loves the team and hopes it continues.

Uppie recovering from knee surgery, hope to see him back on the ice next year. I might be in the minority here but I liked him a lot as a St. Louis Blue.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am Scottie Upshall on TSN, says the Blues are a great bunch of guys, that he loves the team and hopes it continues.

Uppie recovering from knee surgery, hope to see him back on the ice next year. I might be in the minority here but I liked him a lot as a St. Louis Blue.
He always seemed like a good guy, an experienced 4th liner who could kill penalties (Though he took a few himself), play with some fire, put up 5-10 goals and 15-20 points while only playing 10-11 minutes a night, well liked in the locker room.

The downside is that he'll be 36 at the start of next season, and as you get older it just takes longer to recover from surgeries. He likely still won't be '100%' recovered, and he'll have missed a whole season. He'll probably get a PTO contract somewhere in the pre-season, and have to prove his value again, and I'm quite sure there won't be a place for him with the Blues. Still, I'll be rooting for him, too.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am Scottie Upshall on TSN, says the Blues are a great bunch of guys, that he loves the team and hopes it continues.

I liked Upshall a lot. Seemed like a great guy in the room, and always gave it his all. Gave me the impression that he was a great pro. Having said that, Father Time is still undefeated, and I don't think he'd have a lot to offer this squad on the ice. He had to go the PTO route to get on rosters the last few years, so I'm not sure he'd have much luck being one year older and coming off a serious injury. Wish him the best of luck though, I bet he'd be a hell of a coach.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:33 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:13 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am Old friend Dmitrij Jaskin will be placed on waivers today.
Disregard.

Damn, waiving a postseason cup here over Jaskin. Does Jaskin have something on Caps management?
Some speculation that teams got wind that Jaskin was being waived and someone may have offered to trade for him instead
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:39 am

Disregard.

Damn, waiving a postseason cup here over Jaskin. Does Jaskin have something on Caps management?
Some speculation that teams got wind that Jaskin was being waived and someone may have offered to trade for him instead
Who the hell could be that desperate?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am Old friend Dmitrij Jaskin will be placed on waivers today.
Disregard.

Man, I like Smith-Pelley. He shows up for the playoffs. Even just having him on the sidelines ready to step in as a boost is a plus

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Disregard.

Man, I like Smith-Pelley. He shows up for the playoffs. Even just having him on the sidelines ready to step in as a boost is a plus
Yeah he played great in the playoffs last year for them. Interesting...
KA-KAW!

Disregard.

IIRC, if you claim someone form waivers, you have to immediately put them on your active roster, or else put them through waivers again. It may be more complicated than that, though.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 pm

IIRC, if you claim someone form waivers, you have to immediately put them on your active roster, or else put them through waivers again. It may be more complicated than that, though.
I'd love to get DSP. And yeah, that is pretty much it, and I think the one caveat is that the team that 'lost him' in waivers, gets the first chance, then it goes back through the regular order. Or I may have just made that up. Sometimes I feel like a caveman:

"Do Only Good Everyday"

Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) tweeted at 11:57 AM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
Reirden just said that the Capitals planned to waive Jaskin. Then they changed their mind during practice, at which point Smith-Pelly was notified. Why the change? Reirden didn’t really say, but he said there’s a lot of “moving parts” right now.
Ian Oland (@ianoland) tweeted at 1:04 PM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
I'm being told by league sources that the Capitals have a trade in the works. They are clearing money so that someone can have a roster spot.

Blues have scouted Washington 2 straight games.......

Honestly, though, if it's really the Blues, I guess the only realistic target is Burakovsky, because of Perron's uncertainty.

Or Jaskin is comin home. :lol:

usmcaaron wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 pm
Reirden just said that the Capitals planned to waive Jaskin. Then they changed their mind during practice, at which point Smith-Pelly was notified. Why the change? Reirden didn’t really say, but he said there’s a lot of “moving parts” right now.
I'm being told by league sources that the Capitals have a trade in the works. They are clearing money so that someone can have a roster spot.

Honestly, though, if it's really the Blues, I guess the only realistic target is Burakovsky, because of Perron's uncertainty.

Burakovsky seems like a good change of scenery candidate, but I wonder if the price would be too high. Also don't see a reason for the Caps to deal him midseason unless they're moving him as part of a deal for a better roster player (which we obviously wouldn't be doing).

David Schoen 📰🗞🏒 (@DavidSchoenLVRJ) tweeted at 1:09 PM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
A lot of signs pointing to Colin Miller being a healthy scratch tonight vs Bruins, which is interesting because:
1. the trade deadline is Monday, and it's not clear if management is holding him out
2. he's never been a healthy scratch with the Knights
Miller would likely be an attractive piece of a package to a team like Ottawa, for Mark Stone, maybe....

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Burakovsky seems like a good change of scenery candidate, but I wonder if the price would be too high. Also don't see a reason for the Caps to deal him midseason unless they're moving him as part of a deal for a better roster player (which we obviously wouldn't be doing).
I think the price would be significant, & the Blues would need to send at least some $ back, but reports are thst Washington has soured on him pretty badly. Who knows?

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 1:55 PM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
With the waiver maneuver WSH did today — first saying Jaskin would be on waivers and then switching up by putting Smith-Pelly on — it’s pretty clear they have something in the works, but until Smith-Pelly clears or gets claimed at noon tomorrow, said trade can’t be completed...

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 2:00 PM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
There is a lot of speculation the deal may be with LAK, maybe for a veteran depth F. Lots of possibilities: Carl Hagelin is UFA at end of season but carries $3.5M cap hit. Trevor Lewis and Kyle Clifford each have a year left after this season, Lewis at $2M and Clifford at $1.6M.

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 2:03 PM on Wed, Feb 20, 2019:
But it’s all highly speculative at this point, nothing firm at all. No sense of what would go the other way and what a potential deal may/may not include. Bottom line is that it seems WSH has interest in upgrading its depth, moving DSP out and an upgrade of some description in.
Not much the Blues can offer in this aspect, I don't believe.

Unless Washington loves Steen or Bozak. Lol

usmcaaron wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm
With the waiver maneuver WSH did today — first saying Jaskin would be on waivers and then switching up by putting Smith-Pelly on — it’s pretty clear they have something in the works, but until Smith-Pelly clears or gets claimed at noon tomorrow, said trade can’t be completed...

There is a lot of speculation the deal may be with LAK, maybe for a veteran depth F. Lots of possibilities: Carl Hagelin is UFA at end of season but carries $3.5M cap hit. Trevor Lewis and Kyle Clifford each have a year left after this season, Lewis at $2M and Clifford at $1.6M.

But it’s all highly speculative at this point, nothing firm at all. No sense of what would go the other way and what a potential deal may/may not include. Bottom line is that it seems WSH has interest in upgrading its depth, moving DSP out and an upgrade of some description in.

Toffoli would be an excellent get for the Capitals.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:44 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Toffoli would be an excellent get for the Capitals.
C'mon Capitals. Steen is great. You'll love him. He plays sound (at times) defense and can contribute about a goal per million on his cap hit ;)