Re: Other NHL Games & News

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 ami
Preds acquire Brian Boyle

Boyle seems like a fine guy in the room, but that's a stiff price for a bottom 6 winger.
That’s a trade that GM should make when you are making a run at the cup. Boyle does a lot of things really well. Great pickup for them and they might have another move in them still.
I get the fit, just seems at a round too high. If you're going for it this year I guess it doesn't matter too much other than weakening your position for other trades. The Senators are probably thrilled with what this does for the rental forward market.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

Boyle seems like a fine guy in the room, but that's a stiff price for a bottom 6 winger.
That’s a trade that GM should make when you are making a run at the cup. Boyle does a lot of things really well. Great pickup for them and they might have another move in them still.
I get the fit, just seems at a round too high. If you're going for it this year I guess it doesn't matter too much other than weakening your position for other trades. The Senators are probably thrilled with what this does for the rental forward market.
Maybe we can get a 3rd for Maroon :) Or a second for Steen?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

Maybe we can get a 3rd for Maroon :) Or a second for Steen?
Steen's not a UFA and comes with hefty price tag. I know it's tongue and cheek but that's the problem with his horrid contract.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm Preds goal for the day seems to be to get slower and less skilled. If this means they're just going to lean on their top 3 lines and roll out the burly fourth line a few minutes a night to knock some bodies around I guess it makes sense.
Preds are in Armstrong mode today. They need a guy who can fill the net. Not accumulate more of the same shit.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 am Preds acquire Brian Boyle

It seems to be the Brian Boyle Market Price. When he went from Tampa to Toronto 2 yrs ago, it was for a 2nd & an AHL player.

You want Boyle? Ya gotta give a 2nd. Lol

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm Preds goal for the day seems to be to get slower and less skilled. If this means they're just going to lean on their top 3 lines and roll out the burly fourth line a few minutes a night to knock some bodies around I guess it makes sense.
Preds are in Armstrong mode today. They need a guy who can fill the net. Not accumulate more of the same shit.
Poile must have the same insecurities that Jim Rutherford & the Penguins had. He sees his team get beat up by Winnipeg last playoffs, so he's gonna load up on size this year. Plus, no Austin Watson & Zac Renaldi, so they need at least 1 reckless player on the roster (McLeod).
Boyle's a solid player, but IMO they are more of a speed team, so there's not a strong fit here.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:04 pm Philly placed Jori Lehtera on waivers today.

Wyshynski tweeted out "Quite the blow for Lehtera." More bad puns ensued.
Berglund quitting. Lehtera with the coke and getting waived...

1. WTF was going on in the Blues org the last few years?

2. Who is going to trade with us in the future?

usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 am Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Mikko Koivu blew out his knee & he'd done for the year. That's a big loss for a team the Blues are fighting with for the playoffs. Certainly improves St. Louis' chances.
Yup, a playoff spot is right there for the taking. If they can scrape a few points out of these next 3 tough games, they're going to be in prime position for the wild card. Everyone else is falling apart in one way or another.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am
usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 am Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Mikko Koivu blew out his knee & he'd done for the year. That's a big loss for a team the Blues are fighting with for the playoffs. Certainly improves St. Louis' chances.
Yup, a playoff spot is right there for the taking. If they can scrape a few points out of these next 3 tough games, they're going to be in prime position for the wild card. Everyone else is falling apart in one way or another.
It's incredible, really. I can't ever remember 2/3rds of an entire conference just plummeting down the standings all together like this. Only 5 Western Conf. teams (WPG, DAL, CGY, SJ, STL) have won >5 outta their last 10 games.

usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
It's incredible, really. I can't ever remember 2/3rds of an entire conference just plummeting down the standings all together like this. Only 5 Western Conf. teams (WPG, DAL, CGY, SJ, STL) have won >5 outta their last 10 games.
Only 6 EC teams have one more than 5 out of their last 10, as well, And 3 teams in each conference have won exactly 5 out of their last 10. So it seems we're in a stretch where almost any team can beat almost any other right now.

usmcaaron wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
I'm most surprised by how badly the Avs have fallen off. Also its been impressive how Dallas has come together after their CEO stirred things up.

Chris Kuc

Verified account

@ChrisKuc

More
Some non-Capitals buzz: Hearing the Predators are exploring the idea of trading for Artemi Panarin.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"