Could we make a deal with all this depth?

I have to think Army is happy with all this depth and does not see any problem. We want an infusion of youth. From what I'm hearing I want more of Mikkola Walman Kyrou Blais and of course Thomas. Could we make some room for these guys?

Thorburn Bouw Sundy for a second in 2020???

Pipe dream. Such a thing could never happen.

(Maybe the kids will play lights out and force Army...)

Re: Could we make a deal with all this depth?

Same here. I'd sure like to free up his salary (I would REALLY love to have Panarin) but I'm pretty confident Steen loves it here and would prefer to retire as a Blue. (sorry for the Blue TC)

Also...I do believe DA will move some players out this year regardless to free up salary and/or roster spots. I wouldn't be surprised if he swung a major TDL deal either.
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

I personally don't see any deals happening. Bouw has a no trade clause I believe, and he is just coming back from injury. Steen has a no trade too I believe. I doubt any GM is going to make a trade for draft picks for anyone on our team that isn't going to play regularly. Most GM's at this time of year will just pluck guys off waivers if they really need someone.

Not really right now. Make a move closer to the trade deadline. We have to see what we really have this year.

Also, I like where we have Steen and JBo slotted right now. Yea their contracts and NTC aren't ideal, but they provide experience and depth. They'll probably be more productive because they'll play easier minutes. Blues are in a good spot currently, and they should be careful of tinkering at this stage.

Don't do anything right now. Let's see how things go. Injuries happen. Keep our depth. If something happens, let it be a trade deadline deal.

If we are as good as we could be, our depth is one of our biggest assets. Waiting until the TDL to do anything, IMHO, is the most reasonable and most prudent path to take. I'm not saying if DA gets a phone call from another GM and gets his socks blown off, then deal with it when it happens. But, as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:56 am Don't do anything right now. Let's see how things go. Injuries happen. Keep our depth. If something happens, let it be a trade deadline deal.

If we are as good as we could be, our depth is one of our biggest assets. Waiting until the TDL to do anything, IMHO, is the most reasonable and most prudent path to take. I'm not saying if DA gets a phone call from another GM and gets his socks blown off, then deal with it when it happens. But, as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I think a deal will have to be made to keep from losing a player of decent value to waivers. I hope The Blues don't lose anyone more important to them than Sundqvist or Thorburn to waivers.

stlblues1226 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:56 am Don't do anything right now. Let's see how things go. Injuries happen. Keep our depth. If something happens, let it be a trade deadline deal.

I agree with this take. If a problem area is identified, try to make a deal, but give this group a shot as is first.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Robb_K wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:33 pm

I think a deal will have to be made to keep from losing a player of decent value to waivers. I hope The Blues don't lose anyone more important to them than Sundqvist or Thorburn to waivers.
That's a great point, Rob. I completely agree.

EDIT TO ADD: I just checked, Dunn is the only waivers exempt player on the roster.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!