Re: Fantasy Hockey

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:00 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:36 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 am

Did you black out when you drafted a Russian in Gusev?
Nope...he was the first player I had in my reserve queue. Was just watching how the draft unfolded and noticed nobody was really reaching for any players so I felt pretty confident I could get him late which is surprising in a draft of 20 teams. I definitively wanted to make sure I ended up walking out of that draft with him though....so yeah I had a Russian targeted!
We had the same strategy there. It worked for me on Chabot, although in my tired state, I almost accidentally drafted Chiarot instead lol. But I waited one round too long on Gusev. I think he's a good get for you.
You didn’t end up with Kostin. I thought for sure that was going to be a no brainer
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:40 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:00 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:36 am

Nope...he was the first player I had in my reserve queue. Was just watching how the draft unfolded and noticed nobody was really reaching for any players so I felt pretty confident I could get him late which is surprising in a draft of 20 teams. I definitively wanted to make sure I ended up walking out of that draft with him though....so yeah I had a Russian targeted!
We had the same strategy there. It worked for me on Chabot, although in my tired state, I almost accidentally drafted Chiarot instead lol. But I waited one round too long on Gusev. I think he's a good get for you.
You didn’t end up with Kostin. I thought for sure that was going to be a no brainer
lol Someone jumped on him a bit early for me. Even though I think he's winning the Hart, Calder, Conn Smythe, and the Norris this year.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Goaltending will be my downfall...I blow it off every year and with 20 teams it was really slim pickings waiting so late.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:49 am Goaltending will be my downfall...I blow it off every year and with 20 teams it was really slim pickings waiting so late.
Maybe. It really just comes down to who is the quickest on the waiver wire on who knows when a starting goalie sneezes and you can grab his backup.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:59 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:49 am Goaltending will be my downfall...I blow it off every year and with 20 teams it was really slim pickings waiting so late.
Maybe. It really just comes down to who is the quickest on the waiver wire on who knows when a starting goalie sneezes and you can grab his backup.
I'm hopefully my two goalies hold up, for multiple reasons. And another great thing is that outside of this thread, everyone here will be rooting for at least three players on my team everytime the Blues play :)

Used my last couple picks on two players that may make their teams, Glass and Hayton, who could be strong 30-40 point players for their teams. I'm not sure, but should have among the most PIMs, Hits, and lots of FO wins too with my lineup. Going to be a fun year!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:14 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:59 am
I'm hopefully my two goalies hold up, for multiple reasons. And another great thing is that outside of this thread, everyone here will be rooting for at least three players on my team everytime the Blues play :)

Used my last couple picks on two players that may make their teams, Glass and Hayton, who could be strong 30-40 point players for their teams. I'm not sure, but should have among the most PIMs, Hits, and lots of FO wins too with my lineup. Going to be a fun year!
Both are good players, Glass probably has the better opportunity in front of him.
I drafted Evan Bouchard hoping he would make the cut on the Edmonton blue line and run their PP but he was cut this morning it looks like. I will probably try and hold onto him for at least a month because there is a lot of potential with him

"Suck a dick Johansen"

well, as predicted i didn't really get to participate. i had a signal and 5 min where i was for a moment, saw how it was working and starred three players, but it was already like the 12th round so i'm pretty much auto-drafted. not unhappy with my team, got the three players i starred that were left, but man like tim said there were no goalies left to pick from. i'm going to be screwed on goaltending, yet again. that was my fear with 20 teams - no one will follow the "one starter, one backup" philosophy and the early pickers will get two (or more) starters which will screw late-rounders like me.

anyway, glad you guys enjoyed it, seemed cool.

T.C. wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 am well, as predicted i didn't really get to participate. i had a signal and 5 min where i was for a moment, saw how it was working and starred three players, but it was already like the 12th round so i'm pretty much auto-drafted. not unhappy with my team, got the three players i starred that were left, but man like tim said there were no goalies left to pick from. i'm going to be screwed on goaltending, yet again. that was my fear with 20 teams - no one will follow the "one starter, one backup" philosophy and the early pickers will get two (or more) starters which will screw late-rounders like me.

anyway, glad you guys enjoyed it, seemed cool.
Keep an eye on my team(Hull's Hangover). I'm pretty happy with my two Russian goalies and my 3rd goalie should be the starter in Columbus. We may be able to team up on a trade.

BillP. wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am I wish they’d have a projected standings after our draft like they do in a mock draft. Would like to see that.
TC disabled that feature...he saw far ahead in the projected standings my team was and he didn’t want to depress everyone else :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:49 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am I wish they’d have a projected standings after our draft like they do in a mock draft. Would like to see that.
TC disabled that feature...he saw far ahead in the projected standings my team was and he didn’t want to depress everyone else :)
:lol:

Is this the only league you’re in or are you in more?

BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:17 am

This is only hockey...I’m last place so far in a annual football league I play with some old friends from my Cali days:) I’m awesome at this stuff!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:05 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:17 am

This is only hockey...I’m last place so far in a annual football league I play with some old friends from my Cali days:) I’m awesome at this stuff!
:lol:

SickMittsRomKnee wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:02 pm Welp. Five games in the books and still ZERO scoring from my team of auto draft shitbums. Is there a trophy for First to Worst?
0EF1DECA-41DF-47D6-8428-870673A20904.jpeg
Yeah, it doesn’t look like the auto draft did you any favors. But you still might win this week, you’re not out of it.

none of my goalies have played any games. that's going to kill me every week. if we keep 20 people i'm going to figure out a way to limit the number of goalies a person can have on their team. ridiculous that some people have three starters while others have zero. it's not even a competition at that point.

T.C. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:49 am none of my goalies have played any games. that's going to kill me every week. if we keep 20 people i'm going to figure out a way to limit the number of goalies a person can have on their team. ridiculous that some people have three starters while others have zero. it's not even a competition at that point.
Yeah, but then if you did that, then starters that get hurt long term could hurt those guys too.

T.C. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:49 am none of my goalies have played any games. that's going to kill me every week. if we keep 20 people i'm going to figure out a way to limit the number of goalies a person can have on their team. ridiculous that some people have three starters while others have zero. it's not even a competition at that point.
I mean, I did say I was open to trading one of my 3 to you.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am
Yeah, but then if you did that, then starters that get hurt long term could hurt those guys too.
yes, exactly. players get hurt in real life too. better have a solid backup.

i have been on the road, haven't had time to even look at potential trades. hmu if you see something DPW.

T.C. wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:26 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am
yes, exactly. players get hurt in real life too. better have a solid backup.

i have been on the road, haven't had time to even look at potential trades. hmu if you see something DPW.
I look forward to crushing you.