Re: Fantasy Hockey

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 am Thinking I'll schedule the draft for next Tuesday night. That will give people a week or so to make trades and waiver acquisitions. I will be on the road and not likely to participate but have at it.
Thanks for the live draft, that'll be awesome. When you know, please confirm the starting time, etc. Thanks T.C.

BillP. wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:13 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:19 pm
T.C. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 pm 2 acquisitions per week. done. gonna have to think.
When is the draft? Live draft?
The race is on Tim on who drafts Tom Wilson first :)
You hacked into my draft rankings!!!!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Now if we want to get really crazy, we do keepers in my football league. You can keep up to 3 players for a max of 3 years per player. You lose the draft pick in which you drafted that player in order to keep him. It almost gives it a franchise mode feel. There are a few other rules but that is the basic premise.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 am Now if we want to get really crazy, we do keepers in my football league. You can keep up to 3 players for a max of 3 years per player. You lose the draft pick in which you drafted that player in order to keep him. It almost gives it a franchise mode feel. There are a few other rules but that is the basic premise.
That's awesome Matthew! :) I agree with this. Puts a wrinkle into drafting in terms of hitting on rookies late in the draft. You get to retain them at the expense of a late draft pick which is a bargain. It does put this in franchise mode and make you more of a GM. I think it's cool and adds more strategy.

i originally wanted to do a keepers league - we're talking almost 20 years ago now - but the early years had too much turnover. if we get to the point where we have a pretty consistent base of participants for a few years, i would be open to entertaining it. but generally agree with DPW, funner to just blow it up and start over every year. but i will say for keepers, it makes trades more interesting.