Re: Fantasy Hockey

T.C. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 pm I guess this needs to be said, I kind of regret doing it because I'll probably never win again but at the same time I need to level with all my fantasy buddies.

Big reason my team BLUES - SC CHAMPIONS won was because I was pretty active on the waiver wire. I really took it to town late in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs. Basically I always had 1 or 2 guys that were expendable so I would waiver those players and in turn pick up new players that were playing the next night. And then in turn I'd do the same with those players and exchange them for a couple more that were playing the following night. And if I had multiple injuries going on then that was even more. I amped up my stats to increase my chances of winning. So basically, I did play by the rules and it was fun managing the team and my team name in it's inaugural season was BLUES - SC CHAMPIONS and that proved to be prophetic. But if you want to put a cap on waiver transactions allotted per team, then I don't blame you. I believe you can. I had my fun winning the first year!!
nah. i've seen people that did very little (like me) win in leagues against guys making moves every other day. it's part of the fun.

as for goalies, if i take it down to one, i'd have to lower or remove the minimum games played requirement as people may not hit 3 games. this is what fucked me last year until some starters got hurt.

You GOON!!!

Tarasenko not getting much love in this years fantasy rankings. CBS Sports has him at 70. And it seems Max Domi is getting too much love and is way overrated. I like him but not over a lot of the names he’s ranked above. But back to Tank, Blues win Cup but his value has diminished some. Guess he’s no longer feared as a potential 40-50 goal scorer any more.

T.C. wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:28 am need to get this sorted in the next couple days. if you have any opinions/ideas about scoring, state them now.
Penalties out, put hits or blocked shots in

put cap on waiver transactions

let Timmy know if you have an opening for him

and lets do a live draft, those who don't want it still have their auto feature

BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 am
T.C. wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:28 am need to get this sorted in the next couple days. if you have any opinions/ideas about scoring, state them now.

I like all of this, William.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 am

I like all of this, William.
Looks good to me, but I think TC said he can just 'add' Hits without having to remove PIM; I personally like having PIM's as part of the game, so if that is the case, just make the add without removing.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am I know this is last minute but I need to drop out this season. Hope it's not a problem. TC, let me know if I need to do anything.
which team? i need to have someone else "take over" your team, and i need to invite them. whoever was first on the wait list, PM me your email address.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:55 pm Are there any openings left? I also agree with Bill....Hits is a much better category than PIMS
stlblues1226 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am
I know this is last minute but I need to drop out this season. Hope it's not a problem. TC, let me know if I need to do anything.

Quote T.C.
which team? i need to have someone else "take over" your team, and i need to invite them. whoever was first on the wait list, PM me your email address.

Tim, quick, hop on. There's an opening.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am Can we take a league vote on who we want in between Dave and Tim to make things super awkward?
Oh give it to Tim for sure. He asked first and I was only asking if there was another drop.
I didn't know you wanted in too Dave. Just wanted you to know I wasn't playing favorites.

pssst Tim, hurry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just joking ;)

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am Can we take a league vote on who we want in between Dave and Tim to make things super awkward?
Oh give it to Tim for sure. He asked first and I was only asking if there was another drop.
Nope, it doesn't work like that. You two shall have a feats of strength battle. Winner...wins.
Fair enough. Here's a peak behind my strategy curtain. When it's close, my fantasy draft player preferences go in this order:
1. Russians
2. Other Euros
3. Americans
4. WHL/QMJHL Canadians
5. Any Schmaltz brother
6. OHL Canadians
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 am
stlblues1226 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am I know this is last minute but I need to drop out this season. Hope it's not a problem. TC, let me know if I need to do anything.
PM sent
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"