Re: Fantasy Hockey

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:02 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:03 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:28 pm

You got me confused now. Cause we had 3 weeks of playoffs last year. At most there can only be 2 more weeks of reg season fantasy. Maybe even only 1 week. Sure would like to know since I’m a bubble guy - ha
We are currently in week 21. My schedule shows the season running three more games with 24 weeks played total. Now for the kicker....if you look at the commish updates on the main page.....you see this. lol.....what a huge waste of time.

Demitra's Chains (TC) Playoffs changed from '238' to 'None'

Sep 7 4:47 am
You probably had the hottest team down the stretch too. Your odds of winning were pretty good

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:02 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:03 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:28 pm

You got me confused now. Cause we had 3 weeks of playoffs last year. At most there can only be 2 more weeks of reg season fantasy. Maybe even only 1 week. Sure would like to know since I’m a bubble guy - ha
We are currently in week 21. My schedule shows the season running three more games with 24 weeks played total. Now for the kicker....if you look at the commish updates on the main page.....you see this. lol.....what a huge waste of time.

Demitra's Chains (TC) Playoffs changed from '238' to 'None'

Sep 7 4:47 am
Well you get a reprieve, but now you're on a playoff bubble. Me and Matty would of snuck in at 7 and 8. Disappointing, but at least there is a playoff. Got to have a playoff.

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 am well that's fucked up. don't know how that happened. i just changed it to the max i could at this point, which is 4 teams. sorry dudes, will fix it next year.
too bad we didn't catch this a couple weeks ago. You probably could of still changed it back to 8 teams. As Don Adams would say, missed it by that much.

yeah again i don't know how that got changed. when i changed the stats and number of teams, i didn't purposely also change that. i didn't touch it. in the past we've had 8. pisses me off. as tony soprano would say, "fuckin' internet."

T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:25 am yeah again i don't know how that got changed. when i changed the stats and number of teams, i didn't purposely also change that. i didn't touch it. in the past we've had 8. pisses me off. as tony soprano would say, "fuckin' internet."
Yeah, like I was telling Matt. It's stupid that "None" is even an option for Playoffs. 4 should be the default. But yeah, if we had caught this last week, you'd of still had time to change it to 8. And the funny thing was, I was looking at your settings a week or 2 ago. Wish I had caught that.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:33 am Still gonna be tough for me to hold onto 4th place. I have zero goaltending ...
I was going to pick up Martin Jones today, he's been playing well lately and the Sharks have been playing well lately too. I'll give you till lunch to pick him up :lol:

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:37 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:33 am Still gonna be tough for me to hold onto 4th place. I have zero goaltending ...
I was going to pick up Martin Jones today, he's been playing well lately and the Sharks have been playing well lately too. I'll give you till lunch to pick him up :lol:
I picked him up a couple of hours ago!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am
I picked him up a couple of hours ago!
Good job! If this was playoff week, you would of pissed me off again :lol: You really got me the last few weeks!!

Bill you're far too nice for fantasy hockey, unless you secretly wanted Tim to add Martin Jones because he's bad at stopping hockey pucks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:19 am
Bill you're far too nice for fantasy hockey, unless you secretly wanted Tim to add Martin Jones because he's bad at stopping hockey pucks.
He's been playing well lately. His GA and Save Pct was actually better than Holtby who's on my team. I was going to dump Dubnyk for Jones. Dubnyk, another draft pick bust of mine. If I had made that move, that would officially make 10 of my original 20 picks gone!!! And yet I still would of been a playoff team. I GM'd this team best I could - ha

I didn’t have any choice and he had been trending up. I would have picked him up last week but I had used my two moves already so I had to wait until this morning. I’ve been getting killed in the goaltending categories. At least Jones might start some games....which i need. I just need a shutout from someone and then I’ll pull all goalies the rest of the week!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 am

I didn’t have any choice and he had been trending up. I would have picked him up last week but I had used my two moves already so I had to wait until this morning. I’ve been getting killed in the goaltending categories. At least Jones might start some games....which i need. I just need a shutout from someone and then I’ll pull all goalies the rest of the week!
Yeah, 2 moves suck. I wanted to pick him up last week too. You're turning into my number 1 rival :lol:

Here's what the first round playoff would look like so far as of today. I'll try and do one next Monday to see if the top 4 seeds would of advanced. So far I'm winning -------- figures...................I would put a picture of the stats breakdown but I don't know how to insert a PDF here.

Score

Blues - SC Champions 7
JC Storm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 4

Score

Hertl Power!,,,,,,,,,,, 9
Sad Marchands,,,,, 3

Score

Lil Lebowski's U.A.,,,,,,, 6
Ziskey's Zealots,,,,,,,,,,, 5

Score

The Hot Karlsson's,,,,,, 5
Teemu's Salami,,,,,,,,,,, 8

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:31 pm Here's what the first round playoff would look like so far as of today. I'll try and do one next Monday to see if the top 4 seeds would of advanced. So far I'm winning -------- figures...................I would put a picture of the stats breakdown but I don't know how to insert a PDF here.

Score

Blues - SC Champions 7
JC Storm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 4

Score

Hertl Power!,,,,,,,,,,, 9
Sad Marchands,,,,, 3

Score

Lil Lebowski's U.A.,,,,,,, 6
Ziskey's Zealots,,,,,,,,,,, 5

Score

The Hot Karlsson's,,,,,, 5
Teemu's Salami,,,,,,,,,,, 8
Well it's looking like you wont have to do anymore updates Billy
KA-KAW!

BillP. wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:50 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:58 pm Well...I guess this makes the whole season unofficial. I could have made a huge last min push and that was stolen from me by this damn virus.
What’s your team name?
My team name is The Archies...but I used to be the Fud Puckers.

I went ahead and set up a league to see if you guys wanted to join.

There’s no draft. Everyone picks 1 player from each of the 16 playoff teams. 10 forwards and 6 defenseman. Once the pool of 16 is established, you’ll be able to choose your players.

——-Here’s the link and password to join.

http://thesecondseason.com/hockey/user_ ... ague=11062

Password: backes42

——League scoring will be updated the morning after the playoff games.

——-Scoring

League Challenge Point Values

A team will accumulate points based on the statistics accumulated by the players on the team. The chart below lists the point values.

Scoring
Statistic All Position Players Receive
Goals +5 points
Assists +3 points
Short-handed Goals (additional) +2 points
Power-play Goals (additional) +1 point
Tiebreakers

Ties will be broken by comparing tiebreaker answers each owner will provide with final roster submission. In the event that there is still a tie after all tiebreaker answers are examined, the winner will be decided by your league commissioner in a manner he or she chooses.