Re: Fantasy Hockey

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:58 pm Anyone know if this week wraps up today or does it roll into next week due to the break? Was hoping we’d wrap it up today since I’m ahead - ha
ends today;

I believe Week 1 is the only 'two week' during the season, due to staggered starts and overseas games.
Thanks!

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:58 pm Anyone know if this week wraps up today or does it roll into next week due to the break? Was hoping we’d wrap it up today since I’m ahead - ha
ends today;

I believe Week 1 is the only 'two week' during the season, due to staggered starts and overseas games.
the last week is also two weeks i believe.

Anybody go back and look at the draft and second guess what you should have done? I went thru the rounds and If I had a do over, I would of taken Roman Josi instead of Dumba and Kyle Connor instead of Athanasiou. My team would be looking pretty good if I had those 2 guys instead.

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm Anybody go back and look at the draft and second guess what you should have done? I went thru the rounds and If I had a do over, I would of taken Roman Josi instead of Dumba and Kyle Connor instead of Athanasiou. My team would be looking pretty good if I had those 2 guys instead.
For the most part I’m pretty happy with the team I drafted. The majority of my core guys were all guys I was targeting. There were a couple of guys on my draft list that I wanted that I didn’t get....one being Thomas Chabot but he’s not really lighting the world on fire either. My defense was a little weak but picking up Deangelo has really helped out. I really thought McAvoy was going to breakout so I put a lot of hopes on him. He’s not providing a lot of scoring but he’s great in the other categories.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:17 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm Anybody go back and look at the draft and second guess what you should have done? I went thru the rounds and If I had a do over, I would of taken Roman Josi instead of Dumba and Kyle Connor instead of Athanasiou. My team would be looking pretty good if I had those 2 guys instead.
For the most part I’m pretty happy with the team I drafted. The majority of my core guys were all guys I was targeting. There were a couple of guys on my draft list that I wanted that I didn’t get....one being Thomas Chabot but he’s not really lighting the world on fire either. My defense was a little weak but picking up Deangelo has really helped out. I really thought McAvoy was going to breakout so I put a lot of hopes on him. He’s not providing a lot of scoring but he’s great in the other categories.
Yeah, does McAvoy even have a goal yet? It hasn't been a great year for him that's for sure. Maybe doing well in other areas like you say, but he's not putting up the points like he should. Yeah, you really did get the guys you wanted, I mean you got both Tkachuks. But no Tom Wilson - ha

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:22 pm
Yeah, does McAvoy even have a goal yet? It hasn't been a great year for him that's for sure. Maybe doing well in other areas like you say, but he's not putting up the points like he should. Yeah, you really did get the guys you wanted, I mean you got both Tkachuks. But no Tom Wilson - ha
McAvoy Hasn’t scored a goal yet. He’s really been struggling offensively...luckily Makar has shown he is the real deal. As for Wilson I would have loved to have him but and it really came down to Matthew Tkachuk or Wilson with that pick and I went with Tkachuk. Being able to get guys like Strome, Cirelli late and then getting Olofsson with my last pick has been huge. Not a perfect team by any means and I’ve made a lot of waiver wire pickups for fill-ins here and there but my core is pretty much what I drafted. Guess we will see if my goaltending can hold up to get me a playoff spot

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:01 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:22 pm

McAvoy Hasn’t scored a goal yet. He’s really been struggling offensively...luckily Makar has shown he is the real deal. As for Wilson I would have loved to have him but and it really came down to Matthew Tkachuk or Wilson with that pick and I went with Tkachuk. Being able to get guys like Strome, Cirelli late and then getting Olofsson with my last pick has been huge. Not a perfect team by any means and I’ve made a lot of waiver wire pickups for fill-ins here and there but my core is pretty much what I drafted. Guess we will see if my goaltending can hold up to get me a playoff spot
Yeah, I had looked at your draft, you did well. Cirelli and Olofsson were great value picks and getting Makar early proved to be a great call.

Starting to love my team now. Just stole Justin Williams on waivers today and I think I’ll dump Gourde and keep Anthanasiou after all. If Holtby and Dubnyk can ever get their act together, I think I actually got a shot to defend the title.

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 pm Tim, I sent you a trade offer. Did you see it yet? Don't know if I'm supposed to receive a reply back or not on a trade proposal.
I just saw it. I’ve got a couple of trade offers sitting there...haha

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:30 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 pm Tim, I sent you a trade offer. Did you see it yet? Don't know if I'm supposed to receive a reply back or not on a trade proposal.
Cool. Didn't know if I'm supposed to get a reply back when making an offer. Well I'll see how it goes. First time trade proposal - ha

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:00 pm
Cool. Didn't know if I'm supposed to get a reply back when making an offer. Well I'll see how it goes. First time trade proposal - ha
You will know tonight. You should get an email stating I either accepted or rejected it or sent you a counter proposal.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:10 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:00 pm

You will know tonight. You should get an email stating I either accepted or rejected it or sent you a counter proposal.

Cool - Thanks!

I accepted the trade.....a bit of a risk but i think you know I like that player! You played me Bill! haha....

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm I accepted the trade.....a bit of a risk but i think you know I like that player! You played me Bill! haha....
Yeah, I was a little surprised you accepted it. Like you said, you like the player so I thought there was a chance. He’s had a bad year so far and that is probably an understatement, but you got to think he’s going to have a hot streak here somewhere. I just couldn’t wait anymore. Hopefully the trade works for both of us. Thanks for the deal!

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm I accepted the trade.....a bit of a risk but i think you know I like that player! You played me Bill! haha....
Was listening to the latest NHL Fantasy on Ice podcast from NHL.com this morning, and they brought up Iafallo's name. The one guy said he wasn't a fan and the other guy said with the Kings scoring only 1 or 2 goals a game, I don't see how it lasts - ha. We'll see, I think it's an intriguing deal to say the least. Athanasiou is total boom or bust, he has the higher ceiling for sure.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 am
Was listening to the latest NHL Fantasy on Ice podcast from NHL.com this morning, and they brought up Iafallo's name. The one guy said he wasn't a fan and the other guy said with the Kings scoring only 1 or 2 goals a game, I don't see how it lasts - ha. We'll see, I think it's an intriguing deal to say the least. Athanasiou is total boom or bust, he has the higher ceiling for sure.
I had recently picked up Iafallo....honestly didnt know how long I would keep him because I have two guys coming of IR soon. If Athanasiou doesn’t start producing quickly, he will probably hit the waiver wire anyway. I’ll give him a chance though for a few games

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 am I almost offered you a McAvoy for Dumba trade back in November
Wow, that would of been enticing. Funny you mention Dumba because I thought you might come back with a counter offer and ask for him. Finally got a goal last night, I hope he's on his way now. I invested a 3rd rd pick on him :lol: Might end up being the worst pick of the draft...............tough year for McAvoy too.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 am I almost offered you a McAvoy for Dumba trade back in November
So what's your take on this league? I think a 20 team league is awesome. It's more of a challenge and requires more management. I enjoy it. I think it's much better than a small league. And I'm glad TC expanded the roster.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:19 am
So what's your take on this league? I think a 20 team league is awesome. It's more of a challenge and requires more management. I enjoy it. I think it's much better than a small league. And I'm glad TC expanded the roster.
It’s keeping my interest for sure. Lots of decision making.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Congratulations Tim, your loyalty paid off in your first game. Or was it his 2nd? First goal in 20 games - ha