Re: Fantasy Hockey

BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:29 am Never use those yahoo projections when gauging a player. Are those worthless or what? Always use season totals or season averages when deciding.
I don’t pay attention to any of that shit…just go with what you know and use the waiver wire to your advantage. If you have a gut feeling on a move, always make it even if you only need it for a few games.
I’ve been treading water most of the season…so many injuries, Covid canceling games….really bad when I have had multiple guys from the same team…I stuck it out though and now my Northern Lights are making a run! Looking forward to a great finish
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:53 am
BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:29 am Never use those yahoo projections when gauging a player. Are those worthless or what? Always use season totals or season averages when deciding.
I don’t pay attention to any of that shit…just go with what you know and use the waiver wire to your advantage. If you have a gut feeling on a move, always make it even if you only need it for a few games.
I’ve been treading water most of the season…so many injuries, Covid canceling games….really bad when I have had multiple guys from the same team…I stuck it out though and now my Northern Lights are making a run! Looking forward to a great finish
I kinda like how you fill up the bench and only show the guys playing up top. Does make it easier to pick up who’s playing.

BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:00 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:53 am
I kinda like how you fill up the bench and only show the guys playing up top. Does make it easier to pick up who’s playing.
Just a cleaner look for me, nothing more than that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:35 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:55 pm

What’s your team name?
The Goons
Hey, you got a good team. Nice job Captain!! 8-)
I have a team... I seem to have hit some favorable weeks. I think next season I will draft a bit better with what I have learned this year.

There really isn’t that much disparity from first to even twelfth. This may be the tightest year yet for this league. Definitely not a great year for me, I had a shitty draft and never recovered, especially with Covid bullshit. But maybe I’m at least in the top half.

T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:54 am There really isn’t that much disparity from first to even twelfth. This may be the tightest year yet for this league. Definitely not a great year for me, I had a shitty draft and never recovered, especially with Covid bullshit. But maybe I’m at least in the top half.
Last week was tight... it could have gone either way...

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:14 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:54 am There really isn’t that much disparity from first to even twelfth. This may be the tightest year yet for this league. Definitely not a great year for me, I had a shitty draft and never recovered, especially with Covid bullshit. But maybe I’m at least in the top half.
Last week was tight... it could have gone either way...
It’s game on this week —- so you better be extra sharp ;)

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:44 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:29 pm Looking over these teams, I think the playoff field is pretty competitive. Wide open so to speak.
I think Im toast, but it was a good run.
Shit, right now, you and Choc Starfish would be tied at 369 points each. It’s in the balance here, could come down to a tie breaker.

No President's Trophy jinx this time, so you got that working for ya - ha. Actually, I didn't see that coming with you dropping to 2nd, but that's probably a good thing for you............ I do think this thing is wide open. Should be fun.

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 pm No President's Trophy jinx this time, so you got that working for ya - ha. Actually, I didn't see that coming with you dropping to 2nd, but that's probably a good thing for you............ I do think this thing is wide open. Should be fun.
Glad I could knock you from 3rd to 4th Bill!
So if Dave is in 2nd that means I’m playing him. Not looking forward to that match. My team has been balls out the last 10 weeks or so just to make the playoffs. I don’t see me getting by Dave in round one though.
I think for next year we need to lower the number of teams . I think there are a few owners that didn’t event look at their team once during the season.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Yeah, there's a handful for sure that bother with their team. It does suck that some high picks end up on those teams and guys like McDavid are completely wasted.

Yeah you really socked it to me this week. I thought maybe I could even it up at 7 but it ended up just a thought - ha
I wouldn't count you out against Dave. Goaltending is the wild card here. With 6 points now available on goaltending and the added emphasis on playing, it's a game changer. You frickin lucked out in picking up Husso. What a nice move by you. I'm in trouble this week with Sorokin hobbled. My three-peat is in jeopardy. I got a bad feeling I'm not going to pull it off - ha

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:58 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 pm No President's Trophy jinx this time, so you got that working for ya - ha. Actually, I didn't see that coming with you dropping to 2nd, but that's probably a good thing for you............ I do think this thing is wide open. Should be fun.
Glad I could knock you from 3rd to 4th Bill!
So if Dave is in 2nd that means I’m playing him. Not looking forward to that match. My team has been balls out the last 10 weeks or so just to make the playoffs. I don’t see me getting by Dave in round one though.
I think for next year we need to lower the number of teams . I think there are a few owners that didn’t event look at their team once during the season.
You're catching me at the right time. Losing Kadri is brutal for me with the season he's had. Just a monster in all categories.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:33 pm Yeah, there's a handful for sure that bother with their team. It does suck that some high picks end up on those teams and guys like McDavid are completely wasted.

Yeah you really socked it to me this week. I thought maybe I could even it up at 7 but it ended up just a thought - ha
I wouldn't count you out against Dave. Goaltending is the wild card here. With 6 points now available on goaltending and the added emphasis on playing, it's a game changer. You frickin lucked out in picking up Husso. What a nice move by you. I'm in trouble this week with Sorokin hobbled. My three-peat is in jeopardy. I got a bad feeling I'm not going to pull it off - ha
I actually drafted Husso and then waived him a few weeks in and then somehow was able to claim him just a week later or so.
Oettinger has been a real nice surprise though

"Suck a dick Johansen"