Your Opening Night Lines 18-19

Just for fun. It's still July and the season can't get here fast enough. This team looks totally different and I am sure Yeo will have to juggle the lines for a few games to see who works well. What say you?

Schwartz Schenn Tank
Maroon ROR Perron
Steen Bozak Thomas
Fabs Barbs Sosh

Jed Petro
Dunn Colt
Gunnar Schmaltz

I think that's a good spot for Thomas. Lot's of experience to learn from. That second line could score a lot of goals. I'd rather see a 4th line like that than one with Thorburn on it.

Re: Your Opening Night Lines 18-19

Move Thomas up with Schwartz and Schenn. Perron down with Steen and Bozak. Vladi is gonna play with ROR.
I'm hoping Reineke comes in and steals that 3rd RD slot and you forgot about Bouwmeester.
Also keep an eye out for Wotherspoon in camp...he's primed to make some noise. It's now or never for him and he's been on a mission this summer.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:Move Thomas up with Schwartz and Schenn. Perron down with Steen and Bozak. Vladi is gonna play with ROR.
I'm hoping Reineke comes in and steals that 3rd RD slot and you forgot about Bouwmeester.
Also keep an eye out for Wotherspoon in camp...he's primed to make some noise. It's now or never for him and he's been on a mission this summer.
I did not. :o

I would love to see Reinke and Schmaltz put Bouw up in the press box.

39hurricane wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Move Thomas up with Schwartz and Schenn. Perron down with Steen and Bozak. Vladi is gonna play with ROR.
I did not. :o

I would love to see Reinke and Schmaltz put Bouw up in the press box.
If Bouwmeester is healthy, he's going to play a lot.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Opening night roster:

Schwartz_____Schenn_____Perron
Maroon_______ROR________Tarasenko
Fabbri_______Bozak______Steen
Jaskin_______Barbs______Soshnikov

Edmundson____Petro
Dunn_________Parayko
JBo__________Bortuzzo

Note: These aren't necessarily the combinations I want to see, but I'm thinking what management will go with to start the season.

BillP wrote:Opening night roster:

Edmundson____Petro
Dunn_________Parayko
JBo__________Bortuzzo

Note: These aren't necessarily the combinations I want to see, but I'm thinking what management will go with to start the season.
The way Armstrong has talked up Thomas and how highly he's thought of, he's making the opening night roster. Whether as a 4th line C or Schenn/Schwartz's RW. I may be alone in this but I would love to see Maroon, Thomas, Fabbri as a line or Fabbri on O'Reilly and Tarasenko's line eventually. I think that would be a fun line to watch.

If I had to guess though:

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Maroon O'Reilly Tarasenko
Steen Bozak Fabbri
Jaskin Thomas Soshnikov
EXT: Barbashev

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo
EXT: Gunnarson, Schmaltz

Allen
EXT: Johnson

Edmundson____Petro
Dunn_________Parayko
JBo__________Bortuzzo

I like this, but no Thomas?? I think one of those 4th liners will be a healthy scratch most nights and Thomas will be in there.
KA-KAW!

wannabebluesplayer wrote:

Edmundson____Petro
Dunn_________Parayko
JBo__________Bortuzzo

The way Armstrong has talked up Thomas and how highly he's thought of, he's making the opening night roster. Whether as a 4th line C or Schenn/Schwartz's RW. I may be alone in this but I would love to see Maroon, Thomas, Fabbri as a line or Fabbri on O'Reilly and Tarasenko's line eventually. I think that would be a fun line to watch.

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Steen Bozak Fabbri
Jaskin Thomas Soshnikov

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo

Allen
You got the exact same lineup as me except for Thomas. It just wouldn't surprise me if Yeo starts the season off with the vets for the first 2 or 3 games to see what his team looks like first and then he will plug in Thomas accordingly.

BillP. wrote:

Edmundson____Petro
Dunn_________Parayko
JBo__________Bortuzzo

Schwartz Schenn Perron
Steen Bozak Fabbri
Jaskin Thomas Soshnikov

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Dunn Parayko
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo

Allen
You got the exact same lineup as me except for Thomas. It just wouldn't surprise me if Yeo starts the season off with the vets for the first 2 or 3 games to see what his team looks like first and then he will plug in Thomas accordingly.
I hear ya, but I think Armstrong will be pretty adamant. I also came up with a different line up, but yours makes more sense based on how Yeo operates.

Personally, I'd like to see:

Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Perron O'Reilly Tarasenko
Maroon Thomas Fabbri
Steen Bozak Soshnikov
EXT: Jaskin

Thorburn is waived or released and Barbashev is down with AHL.

Alright, I'll take a stab. I'm going to assume 100% health, which we know is not going to happen. I'm going with my own personal preferences, not a prediction of reality. I particularly am struggling with Thomas, top 9 wing to start, or 4C? I still don't know as I write this. Let's see what I end up with!

Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Maroon-ROR-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
Sanford-Thomas-Soshnikov

Edmundson-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz

Ok, a couple things stand out. Without injury I couldn't find a spot for Thomas on the wing top 9, so 4C it is to start. With Thomas anchoring the 4th line, they probably get more than the 6-8 minutes a night most 4th lines get. With that in mind, I figured why not give him a bit more skill to work with than Jaskin on LW? We know what Jaskin is and what he isn't, so left Sanford have some run until he breaks. On D, Gunnar and Bortuzzo get left out. I'm not sure Schmaltz is going to last, but let's see what he's got. A healthy-ish Jaybo will be the best partner he's ever had, and has the experience to cover for Schmaltz enough that he can take some chances if they present themselves. If he can't hack it, no problem, Bortuzzo is there to take the role.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barnburner wrote:Schwartz Schenn Perron
Maroon ROR Tarasenko
Steen Bozak Thomas
Jaskin Barbs Shoskinov

Edmundson Petro
Jaybo Parayko
Dunn Gunnerson
Burtuzzo
Guess you're counting on Fabbri not being healthy. Certainly a very good chance...........and I see you got JBo in the top 4. This will be interesting to see. Will Yeo really drop Dunn down to the 3rd pair or will JBo just be considered a luxury item and play on the 3rd pair? I'm hoping its the latter.

Since this is all fantasy anyway, I'd like to announce a trade: The St. Louis Blues have traded Alexander Steen, Carl Gunnerson, and Robby Fabbri, along with a 2nd round pick in 2020, to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Justin Schultz and 3rd Round Picks in 2019 and 2020 (I'm just clearing out some forward space on LW for a better top 4 LHD, one that CAN put up 30 + points ;)):

Schwartz/Schenn/Kyrou
Perron/ROR/Tarasenko
Maroon/Bozak/Thomas
Sanford/Barbs/Soshnikov

ext: Jaskin-Thorburn-Nolan-etc

Schultz/Petro
JEd/Parayko
Dunn/Bortz

Ext: JaybBo-Wallman-Schmaltz

Allen/CJ
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP wrote:
barnburner wrote:Schwartz Schenn Perron
Maroon ROR Tarasenko
Steen Bozak Thomas
Jaskin Barbs Shoskinov

Edmundson Petro
Jaybo Parayko
Dunn Gunnerson
Burtuzzo
Guess you're counting on Fabbri not being healthy. Certainly a very good chance...........and I see you got JBo in the top 4. This will be interesting to see. Will Yeo really drop Dunn down to the 3rd pair or will JBo just be considered a luxury item and play on the 3rd pair? I'm hoping its the latter.
Actually, I just lost Fabbri.
Where he goes depends on what he shows in training camp. For now, Barbs goes to reserve, Shoskinov to 4th center, and Fabbri to wing.

Much like Fabbri, where Jaybo plays, depends on his physical condition. If he is healthy, he is a top 4 dman, possibly even a top two.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Mine?

Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Maroon - ROR - Tarasenko
Steen - Thomas - Perron
Fabbri - Bozak - Jaskin

Eddy - Petro
Dunn - Parayko
JayBo - Bortuzzo

Allen
I don't think Thomas starts his first pro season at 3rd Line centre. Centre is a very demanding 2-way position. The pro game is a LOT different, more demanding, more complicated position than wing, at the pro level, than it is in Juniors. At the pro level, ALL the skaters play at a high level (speed, hitting, skill, quickness/fast moves). The junior player generally has to be sheltered (for, at least 20-30 games) to play adequately without the puck and adequately on defence. Future superstars and all-stars are the only exceptions. And THEY are NOT immune from the rookie errors. It's just that THEIR errors are tolerated, because they also bring immediate difference-making on offence, leading to extra goals scored.

Thomas is already a good 2-way player on the junior level, but he's not super enough at creating his own offence on the junior level, to make it obvious that he'll create enough extra scored goals IMMEDIATELY on the pro level, to make up for his weaknesses through his period of adaptation to the pro game. I've only coached on the pre-teen level. But, based on what I've seen from Thomas so far, if I were Yeo, I wouldn't start him at 3rd Line centre. I'd start him either at 3rd Line RW, or 4th Line centre (with limited ice time). If I'd want to run 4 fairly equal "scoring lines", I'd start Thomas at 3rd Line RW. Of course, I'd try Thomas out at 3rd Line RW and centre, and both 4th Line positions in Camp and the first several exhibition games before making my final decision (and, in doing so) give Thomas the chance to rise as high in the lineup as possible.

MissouriMook wrote:

Thorburn is waived or released and Barbashev is down with AHL.
I don’t see the bolded happening. He is no longer waivers exempt and would undoubtedly be claimed. No way we risk losing him.
I should have looked up his waiver status. I don't want to risk losing him either. But, you have to avoid losing Schmaltz as well, so there will have to be 2 defenesemen kept which only leaves room for 1 forward. It'll definitely be interesting to see what they decide.