Re: JR: Maroon to sign with Blues

Beatoni12 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I'm guessing one of Gunnar or Bortuzzo and a forward like Barbie.
I can see Montreal being interested in that ;)
Yep...that's my thinking too
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Beatoni12 wrote:Interesting to see who is being moved.

Curious about this move. Worried about his ability to produce away from someone like McDavid. Another player who isn’t fast. Part of me would hope this isn’t taking away a spot from Kyrou.

You might want to think about it like this...if Kyrou were ready, then the Blues probably aren't signing Maroon.

CaptSMRT wrote:

Curious about this move. Worried about his ability to produce away from someone like McDavid. Another player who isn’t fast. Part of me would hope this isn’t taking away a spot from Kyrou.

You might want to think about it like this...if Kyrou were ready, then the Blues probably aren't signing Maroon.
Maybe, but I don’t think anyone can know that until training camp.

I think this is a great move. The Blues lacked toughness last year and still haven’t addressed it. Maroon will bring some cockiness and swagger that is desperately needed while also giving them a net front presence finally. This has been an incredible offseason IMO and if Jake plays consistently, this team has a real shot.
KA-KAW!

Very very interesting. I like it. You can put him on a top 2 LW role if you'd like. Not everyone can produce while playing with high end talent, Maroon clearly can. Like everyone else, I'm really curious to see how Army makes room. The fat is being trimmed from this roster.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Beatoni12 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I'm guessing one of Gunnar or Bortuzzo and a forward like Barbie.
I can see Montreal being interested in that ;)
Add Kostin to that and go after Brendan Gallagher. He would be a great addition. Can’t see why Montreal would trade him, of course, given that he is just 26, but we are talking about Bergevin.

CaptSMRT wrote:

Let us all know where you purchased your “Jump to conclusions” mat.... :lol:
Last edited by NHLTIM on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

It does make sense on many levels.

Size
Physicality
Net front presence, can help PP too
Insurance if Fabbri isn't right
Hometown discount (probably)

While I love the ROR trade, we did move 3 NHL players for one. A big change (even a welcomed one) carries some variance. GM's want insurance.

Seems worth it to make a move to clear some space. He'd bring another dimension to the offense. Just be careful with term.

Beatoni12 wrote:Anyone else find it odd how quiet news on this has been since JR posted his story.

Just read his agent was on Minny radio saying they’re still sorting through a few teams and 1,2 and 3 year deals.
Not singing Maroon would be worth seeing JR get punked...he is such a douche.

CaptSMRT wrote:
Beatoni12 wrote:Anyone else find it odd how quiet news on this has been since JR posted his story.

Just read his agent was on Minny radio saying they’re still sorting through a few teams and 1,2 and 3 year deals.
Sorry if you've told that story before, but why you feel that way? He's always answered questions on Twitter and his forum. Never met him in person, but seems like nice enough while being willing to banter back with fans.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Sorry if you've told that story before, but why you feel that way? He's always answered questions on Twitter and his forum. Never met him in person, but seems like nice enough while being willing to banter back with fans.

A few times over at the Stltoday forum when people were joking around...carrying on like hockey fans he got all puffed up and gave us all the "I am the law" bullshit. When I told him that this is how people talk on the bench when they play hockey he said he didn't care and it was his way or nothing. He is nobody and I wouldn't pay a penny for his insider information.

CaptSMRT wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

A few times over at the Stltoday forum when people were joking around...carrying on like hockey fans he got all puffed up and gave us all the "I am the law" bullshit. When I told him that this is how people talk on the bench when they play hockey he said he didn't care and it was his way or nothing. He is nobody and I wouldn't pay a penny for his insider information.
Yeah, but you all were acting like a bunch of fucking hooligans over there. Cannot believe how you've trashed this place too.

:twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

barcthespark wrote:I've been hoping for this signing all off-season. Maroon is a perfect fit to fill the needs of leadership, toughness, and net-front presence. Not to mention that he's also another guy who WANTS to play in St. Louis.
I agree. His grit and toughness is badly needed on this club. When we start getting injuries to our skill forwards, I'm a lot happier knowing we have to Maroon to step up, instead of relying on guys like Sanford.

bradleygt89 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

Yeah, but you all were acting like a bunch of fucking hooligans over there. Cannot believe how you've trashed this place too.

:twisted:

This was way before things really got ugly, and it was mostly a bunch of Bloosier type fans. I often wonder if many of those guys still exist. MMD or Make My Day was the only real trouble maker and all he ever did was say the Blues management wouldn't do what it takes, and he was right. I was long gone before the whole thing with LEE Enterprises having employees troll Blues fans for clicks.

CaptSMRT wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Man, for a nobody he sure seems to get you fired up like no one else.

Count me as someone who would much rather have Maroon on the Blues than a writer be wrong.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Yeah, I was just looking on NHL.com and I don't see anything posted about it.