Here's JR's:

@jprutherford
6m6 minutes ago
More Jeremy Rutherford Retweeted Mark Taylor
Maroon-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Fabbri-Bozak-Steen
Soshnikov/Barbashev-Thomas-Jaskin/Thorburn
I like that second set a lot. People are going to yell about Thomas being on the 4th line, but I'm still a big believer in not handing out ice time based on potential. Besides, 4th line or not, he will almost certainly get a shot at PP time. If he's as good as advertised, he will move up, as injuries create openings.

Re: JR: Maroon to sign with Blues

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:JT: This was last year's top 9 on opening day, by lines: Tarasenko-Stastny-Sobotka; Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin; Paajarvi-Sundqvist-Thompson.

Geezus
:shock: Sobotka on the top line, Jaskin on the second line, and complete garbage on the third line. How the hell did they win so many games early in the year with that????

I am so pumped for this season. This team has a real shot at the Cup. So much has to go right to win the ultimate prize, but they really put themselves in a position to go for it. Let's drop the puck!
KA-KAW!

bradleygt89 wrote:Good to know:
@CapFriendly
5m5 minutes ago
More
With the #Blues signing FA Patrick Maroon to 1 year/$1.75M contract, we now show the club with roughly $3.284M in projected cap space based on a 23 man roster (15F/6D/2G)

RFA's unsigned (3 total):

Jordan Schmaltz
Joel Edmundson (Arb)
Petteri Lindbohm
*Somebody is getting moved.*
Not nesecelery. Schmaltz and Lindbohm will be in the minors, and Edmundson would bump someone else there to keep the roster at 23.

Dunn is waivers exempt, but IMHO he deserves an every-day spot. They may go with 14F/7D/2G, ESPECIALLY with Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, and Schmaltz all ending last season on the DL.

That would send Nolan ($650k) or Sundqvist ($700k) down saving us a bit more against the cap. We'll probably have just shy of $4 mil to make sure we get Edumndson in the fold.

MattyIce wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:JT: This was last year's top 9 on opening day, by lines: Tarasenko-Stastny-Sobotka; Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin; Paajarvi-Sundqvist-Thompson.

Geezus
:shock: Sobotka on the top line, Jaskin on the second line, and complete garbage on the third line. How the hell did they win so many games early in the year with that????

I am so pumped for this season. This team has a real shot at the Cup. So much has to go right to win the ultimate prize, but they really put themselves in a position to go for it. Let's drop the puck!
Schenn and Schwartz were going great guns, Tarasenko and Stastny were doing what they do, and our defense was scoring a CRAZY amount of goals!

RAFritchey wrote:
MattyIce wrote:

Geezus

Schenn and Schwartz were going great guns, Tarasenko and Stastny were doing what they do, and our defense was scoring a CRAZY amount of goals!
Yeah, the defense was scoring like 30% of the goals. It was complete smoke and mirrors. Eddy looked like Bobby Orr
Just a Russian propaganda account

RAFritchey wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Good to know:
@CapFriendly
5m5 minutes ago
More
With the #Blues signing FA Patrick Maroon to 1 year/$1.75M contract, we now show the club with roughly $3.284M in projected cap space based on a 23 man roster (15F/6D/2G)

RFA's unsigned (3 total):

Jordan Schmaltz
Joel Edmundson (Arb)
Petteri Lindbohm
*Somebody is getting moved.*
Not nesecelery. Schmaltz and Lindbohm will be in the minors, and Edmundson would bump someone else there to keep the roster at 23.

Dunn is waivers exempt, but IMHO he deserves an every-day spot. They may go with 14F/7D/2G, ESPECIALLY with Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, and Schmaltz all ending last season on the DL.

That would send Nolan ($650k) or Sundqvist ($700k) down saving us a bit more against the cap. We'll probably have just shy of $4 mil to make sure we get Edumndson in the fold.
True, and not disagreeing, but if we have injured players, they still count against the cap unless we place them on long term IR correct? So I'm sure just to have that flexibility in roster movement they'll move somebody before the season starts. Unless I've misunderstood the rules, which is possible :)

My hope is that it is Steen.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: JR: Maroon to sign with Blues [update: signed!]

barnburner wrote:For all the praise DA is getting, and deserves, the fly in the buttermilk, is goaltending. If we go thru yet another collapse, all these upgrades could go for naught. I'm not sure there was a lot Army could do to fix it this year, but a lot of fans will be holding their breath.

Here's hoping, because I'm excited about this team other than goaltending.
Now that Jake has more goal support and doesn't have to feel like he has to be the hero every game, he should be fine. I'm not expecting him to be an All-Star, but if we can keep him at a respectable .915 and 2.30 GAA and around 35 Wins out of 50 starts, and get a good 30 starts from Husso or CJ, we'll be just fine back there.

My take on Allen: he is a very good goalie when managed right. Just as we say forward and d-men have to be used to their best potential, so does a goalie. Allen will never be a 60+ game starter and be effective. Just like Tarasenko will never be a great two-way player. He may learn how to be a better defender, but he is a scorer first and foremost. Allen is a very good 1A goalie, who needs to have a backup capable of 30+ quality starts and the offensive support in front of him. IMHO of course.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
barnburner wrote:For all the praise DA is getting, and deserves, the fly in the buttermilk, is goaltending. If we go thru yet another collapse, all these upgrades could go for naught. I'm not sure there was a lot Army could do to fix it this year, but a lot of fans will be holding their breath.

Now that Jake has more goal support and doesn't have to feel like he has to be the hero every game, he should be fine. I'm not expecting him to be an All-Star, but if we can keep him at a respectable .915 and 2.30 GAA and around 35 Wins out of 50 starts, and get a good 30 starts from Husso or CJ, we'll be just fine back there.

My take on Allen: he is a very good goalie when managed right. Just as we say forward and d-men have to be used to their best potential, so does a goalie. Allen will never be a 60+ game starter and be effective. Just like Tarasenko will never be a great two-way player. He may learn how to be a better defender, but he is a scorer first and foremost. Allen is a very good 1A goalie, who needs to have a backup capable of 30+ quality starts and the offensive support in front of him. IMHO of course.
My take on Allen is that he cannot be trusted to make the routine saves. Sure he makes the highlight reel ones, but too many sneak between him and the post. I wanted him gone as the first off-season move, and I still do. All of this movement will be for naught if he continues to shit the bed. Just get someone who stops what he should stop... Sorry Brad... end of rant.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

My take on Allen is that he cannot be trusted to make the routine saves. Sure he makes the highlight reel ones, but too many sneak between him and the post. I wanted him gone as the first off-season move, and I still do. All of this movement will be for naught if he continues to shit the bed. Just get someone who stops what he should stop... Sorry Brad... end of rant.
Pretty much my viewpoint too.
So many of Jake's misses, are a just spectacularly awful, that it's hard to imagine how the team can have any confidence, wondering when he's going to fall apart again.
I hope he does well, but I'm not happy having him in the nets again.