Re: Confirmed: Blues Trade for ROR

Some coverage on the trade from the PD:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 73133.html

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 74d3a.html

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... c3d4d.html

As a side note, I really enjoy Ben Frederickson's columns. He's not a hockey guy, but he keeps it simple when he discusses hockey and doesn't try to make it sound like he knows everything (like Bernie did). Really don't miss reading Bernie at all.

Doug Glatt wrote:
T.C. wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
tenor.gif
fantastic.

i don't know how you can judge army on what happens in the post season. like the president's trophy winning blues in 1999-2000 getting swept in the first round - was that a poorly-assembled team? if the Cup was won on paper, we wouldn't need to play the games, and we certainly wouldn't have a story like VGK.
It is a results driven league. Look at Ovie. If he never won the cup, there would be a stain on his legacy. People always talked about how he could never win the cup. It isn't fair, but it is how the world works.
sure, i understand that, but he actually plays. i just don't know how you can discredit or heap praise upon an owner for how the team comes together in the post season. sometimes, it just clicks. sometimes, you run into a goalie that's on fire. it's well past the trade deadline when he could do something about it, and there's no guarantee that "something" would be a good thing for team chemistry.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:If you want a good read, check out the reaction on Buffalo's HFBoards to the trade...

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... d.2511993/

Before they know the return, they're hoping for Parayko, Kyrou, Thomas, etc. Some even thinking its going to be Thomas and Kyrou :lol:

Needless to say they end up not happy.
I rarely post on HFboards but I had replied to a poster over the weekend before the trade that I felt confident that if a deal were to be made that Thomas or Kyrou wouldn't be included and that likely prospect would be Thompson. A poster named Gerbe42 then replied to my comment and said "LOL...Do you think you are getting him for free?" Also got a couple of IM's telling me that I was just some dumb toothless hoosier from St. Louis and didn't know anything about a players worth or the game of hockey". Now normally I make it a priority to not get involved in message board pissing matches but as soon as the trade was completed I replied in the original thread to Gerbe42 with "Looks like we got him for free"
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:If you want a good read, check out the reaction on Buffalo's HFBoards to the trade...

Before they know the return, they're hoping for Parayko, Kyrou, Thomas, etc. Some even thinking its going to be Thomas and Kyrou :lol:

I like this gem;
3 1sts in 2019 as of now. Botts clears a slow aging $7.5 mil 2C.

I'm fine with the return. Finally we are adding to the cupboard not clearing it like Murray.

RoR is nothing special.

LOL
3 1sts in 2019 as of now. Botts clears a slow aging $7.5 mil 2C.

I'm fine with the return. Finally we are adding to the cupboard not clearing it like Murray.

RoR is nothing special.
You just said you were hoping for a great haul. It's not a great haul, and now O'Reilly is nothing special. You're ridiculous.

:P
Berglund is not a cap dump...
I mean we took money back and still couldn't get Kyrou or Thomas. What kind of incompetent GM pulls that off?
I love this one;
amazing that both pro- and anti- ROR contingents got to melt down today
Berglund is not a cap dump...
Uh... what do you call a 30 year old, non top 6 forward, with 4 years of term?
But wait... we actually took on the same amount of salary until 2020. So we didn't even clear cap space. We gained some washed up depth we could have just added for free. Today. July 1st. The first day of free agency.
:lol:
How is it any justification? Maybe RoR is the biggest locker room cancer since Mike Ribeiro. Maybe he walks into the locker room after every game and slaps his teammates in the face with his dick and laughs at them. Matt Duchene, noted locker room disturbance, got traded for 2x the return just 6 months ago, on a shorter deal, after skating around the rink with his head down for 14 games.
Too much.

I think the trade is fine from Buffalo's perspective. Thompson and a the picks have a lot of value. He could fare quite well playing alongside Eichel or Mittelstadt down the road. Having 3 first round picks next year is great. Berglund is a fine enough hockey player and will be a grownup in the room. Sobotka sucks. The problem for Avs fans was listening to the wackadoodle rumor echo chamber that got their hopes up re: Thomas/Parayko. Don't trust rumors unless they come from the big guys.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote:

I rarely post on HFboards but I had replied to a poster over the weekend before the trade that I felt confident that if a deal were to be made that Thomas or Kyrou wouldn't be included and that likely prospect would be Thompson. A poster named Gerbe42 then replied to my comment and said "LOL...Do you think you are getting him for free?" Also got a couple of IM's telling me that I was just some dumb toothless hoosier from St. Louis and didn't know anything about a players worth or the game of hockey". Now normally I make it a priority to not get involved in message board pissing matches but as soon as the trade was completed I replied in the original thread to Gerbe42 with "Looks like we got him for free"
Didn't see that post, but I did read where you had an exchange going on the asylum about the ROR deal with BSMYC or BLUES16W. One of those 2. Personally, I think it's the same guy.

BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:

Didn't see that post, but I did read where you had an exchange going on the asylum about the ROR deal with BSMYC or BLUES16W. One of those 2. Personally, I think it's the same guy.
Can we put a filter on this site that replaces anything mentioning the asylum with the poop emoji?

BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:

Those two goofs (or one) are the dirt worst. So glad I left that shit show.

ratonmono wrote:
BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Those two goofs (or one) are the dirt worst. So glad I left that shit show.
Yeah, I only go there because I'm always interested in hockey talk but it isn't much fun so I don't stick around.

Doug Glatt wrote:
BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Can we put a filter on this site that replaces anything mentioning the asylum with the poop emoji?
Good one! :lol:

Doug Glatt wrote:
BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
If people would quit giving them clicks, they'd dry up and go away.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Some coverage on the trade from the PD:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 73133.html

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 74d3a.html

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... c3d4d.html

As a side note, I really enjoy Ben Frederickson's columns. He's not a hockey guy, but he keeps it simple when he discusses hockey and doesn't try to make it sound like he knows everything (like Bernie did). Really don't miss reading Bernie at all.
Thank you for the links!

Here are some of my favorites from the HFBoards link:
Sigh, traded a dollar for 2 nickels, 2 pennies, and a Canadian penny. Oh, and no defensemen.

Jesus ****ing christ. On the day Toronto signs one of the best players in the league, you trade ROR for a bag of ****. This team is ****ed.

... ugh
ROR for depth and lotto tickets
(I was a big Tage Thompson booster in his draft year.... honestly has one of the best one timers I’ve ever seen... but slow as molasses)

I was just hating on Doug Armstrong not even an hour ago and now I'm blown away. Okay Doug, you got my attention.

Where’s the speed Lebowski? Where’s the speed?
4 ****ing years of Berglund? W in t absolute f?

Jesus h Christ that return is awful
This is like listing your house on a "make me move" offer and trading it for a used Dodge neon and a buy one get one colonoscopy coupon . We took two salary dumps, a b prospect, and two picks that won't help us before my 40th. **** .

There is a hilarious amount of stupid wasted cap space on this roster rightnow...

I mean we took money back and still couldn't get Kyrou or Thomas. What kind of incompetent GM pulls that off?

At this point, the best thing I can say is somehow I’ve managed not to throw my phone at anything.

The only plus is that the takes here are slightly better than Facebook takes

Living in the midwest, I see a ton of Blues games. Berglund and Sobotka are not cap dumps. They are two heart and soul guys that bust ass every shift. This is all about the culture change. We are a better team today than we were 24 hours ago.
And I stopped at around page 16 or so. Pretty entertaining.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote:Here are some of my favorites from the HFBoards link:
Sigh, traded a dollar for 2 nickels, 2 pennies, and a Canadian penny. Oh, and no defensemen.

Jesus ****ing christ. On the day Toronto signs one of the best players in the league, you trade ROR for a bag of ****. This team is ****ed.

... ugh
ROR for depth and lotto tickets
(I was a big Tage Thompson booster in his draft year.... honestly has one of the best one timers I’ve ever seen... but slow as molasses)

I was just hating on Doug Armstrong not even an hour ago and now I'm blown away. Okay Doug, you got my attention.

Where’s the speed Lebowski? Where’s the speed?
4 ****ing years of Berglund? W in t absolute f?

Jesus h Christ that return is awful
This is like listing your house on a "make me move" offer and trading it for a used Dodge neon and a buy one get one colonoscopy coupon . We took two salary dumps, a b prospect, and two picks that won't help us before my 40th. **** .

There is a hilarious amount of stupid wasted cap space on this roster rightnow...

At this point, the best thing I can say is somehow I’ve managed not to throw my phone at anything.

The only plus is that the takes here are slightly better than Facebook takes

Living in the midwest, I see a ton of Blues games. Berglund and Sobotka are not cap dumps. They are two heart and soul guys that bust ass every shift. This is all about the culture change. We are a better team today than we were 24 hours ago.
And I stopped at around page 16 or so. Pretty entertaining.
Heart and soul, I fell in love with you
Heart and soul, the way a fool would do, madly
Because you held me tight
And stole a kiss in the night

Heart and soul, I begged to be adored
Lost control, and tumbled overboard, gladly
That magic night we kissed
There in the moon mist

Oh! but your lips were thrilling, much too thrilling
Never before were mine so strangely willing

Read more: Hoagy Carmichael - Heart And Soul Lyrics | MetroLyrics
"Do Only Good Everyday"