Schenn at center

Any complaints so far?

I was concerned he wouldn’t be as effective playing center as he has been on the wing, but 12 games in he seems solid in the middle of the ice. He isn’t going to win a Selke but he’s not a liability, as his +9 indicates. He’s also responded well to playing nearly two minutes more per game compared to his career high, which will hopefully hold up as the year goes on.

Re: Schenn at center

I'm very happy with his all around play. And he fits The Team's style very well. We need to grab another low-cost/high value Top 6er from another distressed team, selling high on one of our non-core players who are playing over their heads.

Robb_K wrote:I'm very happy with his all around play. And he fits The Team's style very well. We need to grab another low-cost/high value Top 6er from another distressed team, selling high on one of our non-core players who are playing over their heads.
Well it looks like we can win without Berglund and Bouw. Thats 8 mil in cap space to work with.

39hurricane wrote:
Robb_K wrote:I'm very happy with his all around play. And he fits The Team's style very well. We need to grab another low-cost/high value Top 6er from another distressed team, selling high on one of our non-core players who are playing over their heads.
Well it looks like we can win without Berglund and Bouw. Thats 8 mil in cap space to work with.
I just hope the Blues don't use the reemergence of Berglund as an excuse for a deadline acquisition this year. This team will need a booster shot for the playoffs because I'm sure other contenders in West will take that avenue.

Honestly, he's probably the most significant addition in quite some time. Having him center the second or first line has really brought the top 6 some consistency.

Just think, we've been suffering through Lehtera getting top 6 duties for a couple years now and he's a marginal player. The difference is night and a bright and sun shiny day. The scoresheet speaks for itself.
Just a Russian propaganda account

insideout wrote:I like what I've seen, but the sample size is still small. It's hard to imagine the criticism of him in Philadelphia is unfounded.
Yeah, I also subscribe to the idea that it's still a little early for concrete conclusions, but sometimes being traded or released, as with happened with Oshie and Hull, motivates a player into proving something.

If you have an Athletic subscription, there is a really good article diving into what Schenn has improved upon since coming to STL. They talk to scouts who watched him in PHI and here and talk about how his game has changed, as well as look into some advanced stats type stuff.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:If you have an Athletic subscription, there is a really good article diving into what Schenn has improved upon since coming to STL. They talk to scouts who watched him in PHI and here and talk about how his game has changed, as well as look into some advanced stats type stuff.
I know the Kings won 2 Cups with him, but the article points out that LA traded Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a second round pick for Mike Richards and some scrub. Holy hell.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:If you have an Athletic subscription, there is a really good article diving into what Schenn has improved upon since coming to STL. They talk to scouts who watched him in PHI and here and talk about how his game has changed, as well as look into some advanced stats type stuff.
I know the Kings won 2 Cups with him, but the article points out that LA traded Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a second round pick for Mike Richards and some scrub. Holy hell.
Turned out to be a bad trade, but Mike Richards was a legend when he was traded.

But daaaang that boy loved him some cocaine and partied himself right out of the league. It's a hell of a drug.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:
Turned out to be a bad trade, but Mike Richards was a legend when he was traded.

But daaaang that boy loved him some cocaine and partied himself right out of the league. It's a hell of a drug.
Richards was instrumental in their winning the Stanley Cup in 2012. I don't think they win it without him. And I think he was still a contributor in '14 as well. To me that makes it a worthwhile trade. Sure he crashed and burned, but it worked out fine for LA.