Re: Blais and Barbashev sent down

Will be interesting to see if any moves are made later this evening or tomorrow. I wonder if Thompson gets recalled or maybe Kostin, or perhaps there is something bigger in the works...dare to dream I know.
On a side note....seems like Walman is really struggling in Chicago and was a healthy scratch last night.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:Will be interesting to see if any moves are made later this evening or tomorrow. I wonder if Thompson gets recalled or maybe Kostin, or perhaps there is something bigger in the works...dare to dream I know.
On a side note....seems like Walman is really struggling in Chicago and was a healthy scratch last night.
Yikes!!

Barbashev has been a huge disappointment this year. Among their young players, I thought he was most likely help them compensate for the loss of Fabbri. Thompson didn't seem ready. I haven't seen much of Kostin or Thomas, but they're awfully young to be significant contributors. Hopefully they can get a hot streak or two out of Jaskin or Pajjjarailiojaavi or someone of the likes. Not holding my breath though.

The Blues have played a lot of games early. They have 2 games in the next 7 days. They currently have only 12 forwards on the big club per cap friendly.

These guys got sent down to play some AHL games and save some $ on deadline cap space. They will get called back up on friday for the game against the hurricanes. Maybe Kostin gets a few games instead of Blais.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Good to see Upshall's spot on this roster is not in jeopardy.

Our new Steve Ott.
unless we are calling up a grinder/4th line player, not sure what Upshall's spot has to do with any of our prospects...What Upshall does for the PK and two-way play makes up for his deficits, IMHO. And if the suggestion is to move MPS or Jaskin down to the 4th line, then that is a waste of any value they have as well. If those two aren't able to make the top 9, then they should be waived/traded. But personally, I've liked MPS's game for most of the year so far...Jaskin, outside of couple nice plays has been a non-factor and I'm ready for him to be moved on. His lack of play is more concerning to me than a couple penalties on Upshall. But the Upshall/Sundqvist/Brodziak line has been pretty good last few games they've played together. Just my opinion :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Good to see Upshall's spot on this roster is not in jeopardy.

Our new Steve Ott.
unless we are calling up a grinder/4th line player, not sure what Upshall's spot has to do with any of our prospects...What Upshall does for the PK and two-way play makes up for his deficits, IMHO. And if the suggestion is to move MPS or Jaskin down to the 4th line, then that is a waste of any value they have as well. If those two aren't able to make the top 9, then they should be waived/traded. But personally, I've liked MPS's game for most of the year so far...Jaskin, outside of couple nice plays has been a non-factor and I'm ready for him to be moved on. His lack of play is more concerning to me than a couple penalties on Upshall. But the Upshall/Sundqvist/Brodziak line has been pretty good last few games they've played together. Just my opinion :)
Hard to have an impact on the PK when he's the one usually in the box. ;)

LET ME HAVE A WHIPPING BOY WOULD'YA!?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Fine DPW, have your whipping boy ;)

Not to derail this conversation, but with Subban possibly out weeks (per this report: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/10/22/rep ... sus-blues/) and MAF also out in net for Vegas due to concussion, do we have someone in the pipes who'd make a good fit? Perhaps a trade to bring DP back?

We get a right-handed RW who loves to play in STL, and an additional whipping boy ;)

Or is there anyone else on Vegas worth one of our goalie prospects who'd most likely take over for Hutton next season...or move Hutton?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Originally I thought this might just be a move to get Blais and Barbashev an extra game or two, but San Antonio doesn't play again until Friday. The Wolves play Wednesday, so I guess if Barbashev was going to be out of the lineup with the big club Wednesday that part would make sense, but Blais to the Rampage seems a bit more permanent. Just seems odd to only carry 12 forwards. You'd thing someone, possibly one of these two, would be coming up soon.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

Our new Steve Ott.
Hard to have an impact on the PK when he's the one usually in the box. ;)

LET ME HAVE A WHIPPING BOY WOULD'YA!?
He takes bad penalties because he's no longer NHL capable. Blues didn't need him.

Whip away, I say.

Dave's a mess wrote:Originally I thought this might just be a move to get Blais and Barbashev an extra game or two, but San Antonio doesn't play again until Friday. The Wolves play Wednesday, so I guess if Barbashev was going to be out of the lineup with the big club Wednesday that part would make sense, but Blais to the Rampage seems a bit more permanent. Just seems odd to only carry 12 forwards. You'd thing someone, possibly one of these two, would be coming up soon.
Salary cap implications could also be in play.

bradleygt89 wrote:Fine DPW, have your whipping boy ;)

Not to derail this conversation, but with Subban possibly out weeks (per this report: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/10/22/rep ... sus-blues/) and MAF also out in net for Vegas due to concussion, do we have someone in the pipes who'd make a good fit? Perhaps a trade to bring DP back?

We get a right-handed RW who loves to play in STL, and an additional whipping boy ;)

Or is there anyone else on Vegas worth one of our goalie prospects who'd most likely take over for Hutton next season...or move Hutton?
Who would’ve guessed Vegas would lose more goalies than games.
Just a Russian propaganda account