Re: GDT 10/18/17: Hawks @ Blues, 7p

Great game by the Blues as a whole, hopefully the spanking we gave the Shithawks tonight will linger until March. So many players had the best game thus far this season for us, one guy who hasn't been mentioned for his play tonight has been Paajarvi. He was fantastic defensively and just did all the little things right tonight. Upshall and Brodziak were great on the PK tonight as well. Always good to beat the Blackhawks, Let's do the same to the Avs tomorrow night!

Bortuzzo had a decent game, too. +3 with an assist, 5 hits, 2 blocked shots, 5:42 on the PK, no penalties. He certainly wasn't the weak link on the blueline tonight. I'd like to see him play like that on a regular basis.

I've also been impressed with Gunnarson in just about every game so far this year. If he can maintain the consistency through the season, this is exactly what you want in a bottom-3 defenseman!

RAFritchey wrote:Bortuzzo had a decent game, too. +3 with an assist, 5 hits, 2 blocked shots, 5:42 on the PK, no penalties. He certainly wasn't the weak link on the blueline tonight. I'd like to see him play like that on a regular basis.

I've also been impressed with Gunnarson in just about every game so far this year. If he can maintain the consistency through the season, this is exactly what you want in a bottom-3 defenseman!
Bortuzzo played very well. I’m hoping that his early season funk was getting used to a new partner in Dunn. I also felt Dunn had a very good game.

Also, I agree about whoever mentioned Paajarvi. Made a lot of little plays that counted. Now if just someone on that third line could score a goal or two...

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Kane and Toews still have a lot of hockey left in them, but if those two are slowing down, combined with Hjalmarsson gone...the Hawks might have a bit of a decline.
The Hawks will have some down years...but they will be able to re-stock one more time with those two before they move on.

i love the balls on brodz, taking the shot in a 2-on-1 with vova. everyone in the universe knew he was passing to vova, except he didn't. i was laughing my ass off.

allen with some world-class saves last night. pretty epic.

also deserving of a call-out - upshall. he was a man possessed last night. if he plays like that every night, he was well worth the signing and roster spot. just a fantastic game for him.

here's some fun for you:
Palazzola_RTN_2017-Oct-19.jpg Palazzola_RTN_2017-Oct-19.jpg Viewed 10118 times 31.27 KiB