Re: GDT: Blues @ Rags, 6pm CST

39hurricane wrote:
Gameon17 wrote:Schenn is the straw that stirs the drink. Thank you flyers.

Lehtera hasn't played yet for the Flyers
It is pretty crazy. I mean Hextall was the one that had all the leverage. I mean he could of at least held out and asked for a 2nd rd pick or a decent prospect to be thrown in as well. I mean if you're Armstrong would you kill the deal just because of that? I don't think so.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:What a start to the year. Great goaltending by Hutton.

Seems like this year we’re okay with giving up a higher volume of shots, while trying to limit dangerous ones. As opposed to Hitch’s try to stop all shots all the time philosophy.
I think you are on to something... although they were a tad sloppy in their own end, they really keep the shots to the perimeter. It feels like every goal that has gone in has been a long shot with a screen in front. And the one last night was just a bad rebound. I really like the new look. Very refreshing to see a higher tempo/ more creative offense as well.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:What a start to the year. Great goaltending by Hutton.

Seems like this year we’re okay with giving up a higher volume of shots, while trying to limit dangerous ones. As opposed to Hitch’s try to stop all shots all the time philosophy.
I think you are on to something... although they were a tad sloppy in their own end, they really keep the shots to the perimeter. It feels like every goal that has gone in has been a long shot with a screen in front. And the one last night was just a bad rebound. I really like the new look. Very refreshing to see a higher tempo/ more creative offense as well.
All of this ^

And I think they mentioned this during the broadcast that there is less of a focus on blocking shots because to often it screened the goalie or created crazy bounces that would lead to a better scoring chance on the weak side.
"Do Only Good Everyday"