Re: GDT: Blues @ Rags, 6pm CST

Robb_K wrote:Gunnarsson has 2 goals in 3.33 games! That projects to 53 goals for an 82-game season!!! The Blues have a very offensive blueline (where have I heard THAT before?), with Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn, Walman and The NEW Gunnarsson!!! Who needs Shattenkirk??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bouw gets a hat trick his first game back. Believe me.

Nice blast by Sobotka, after a nice tic-tac-toe play by Schwartz, Schenn ad Sobi. Too bad it didn't go in. I didn't know Sobotka could hit the puck that hard. It would be nice to see him knocking in goals in bunches.

A decent 2nd for The Blues. They take the "dreaded 1-goal lead into The 3rd. :o

BlueinNy wrote:Schenn has made me feel bad about some of the things I've called DA after the Ryan Miller fiasco.
I see that as one of those kinds of moves that he HAD to make, knowing it was a gamble, but it just didn't pan out. MANY pundits thought our only weakness that year was goaltending, and Miller was highly rated, so many thought it was a perfect fit. Just didn't work out, but sometimes you have to take that risk.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:PK looking good again this year...honestly can’t remember the last time we had a bad PK.
According to HockeyReference.com, the last time the Blues' PK% was below the League average was in the 2010-11 season; and that was by a mere 0.26%. In 2006-07, they were about 2.5% below League-wide average. So the penalty kill has definitely been a bright spot for the team for quite some time.

JMC-STL wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:PK looking good again this year...honestly can’t remember the last time we had a bad PK.
According to HockeyReference.com, the last time the Blues' PK% was below the League average was in the 2010-11 season; and that was by a mere 0.26%. In 2006-07, they were about 2.5% below League-wide average. So the penalty kill has definitely been a bright spot for the team for quite some time.
10 years, wow. We’ve been spoiled in that regard