Bill Armstrong

How do the Blues make sure they don't lose him. Is it possible he gets snatched from us and gets offered a GM job from somewhere else? I don't want to see that. This guy has his Blue-print all over this team now.............

Re: Bill Armstrong

For a small market Midwestern city, with not much incentive for free agents to play there, and a poor tax situation, and no ownership of its arena, and a limited budget as compared to the rich teams, it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that they keep drafting well (meaning that they need to keep good scouting staffs and directors, when they have them). They need to d whatever they can to keep Bill Armstrong happy(and staying in the position of Amateur Scouting Director). Making him Asst. GM to keep him is a loss. They need to make him rich as an Amateur Scouting Director, and keep him happy in that position.

Re: Bill Armstrong

Gameon17 wrote:I love the direction bill armstrong has taken us. He may be the most important management position we have right now. As a fan, I believe he can lead us to a cup. World class scout.
He's probably the best (most effective) management person they've ever had, other than Scotty Bowman.