Re: GDT: Its finally here! Blues @ Pens, 7pm CST, NBCSN

My wife just asked me to explain the NHL point system. I either need a 4th Urban Chestnut STLIPA or a degree in calculus. Considering a 9 pack of STLIPA is $20 and a bachelors degree is $100k, I'm going with the beer.

I told her the Blues get 2 points that count toward the Central Division and Western Conference standings but not the playoff standings and the Pens get a loser point that counts toward Metropolitan Division and Eastern Conference standings.

She said "I'm gong to bed." :?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Petro!

Let the Norris Campaign begin.

Blues D has been SO involved and the Pens are doing a TERRIBLE job of picking them up.
i didn't get to watch the game, was on planes and in airports all night, but reading this my first thought was - because it hasn't been that way for us in what, 15 years? can't blame the pens for not seeing that coming.

thanks for the gdt fun guys!

UMSLBlues12 wrote:One of the biggest positives for me this game was how confident Dunn and Thompson both looked. They didn’t appear scared to play their games at all, didn’t play scared. That’s huge for young players.
Yeah, Dunn better play 50 plus games this year and he better be the starter come playoff time. Same thing with Thompson. He better not get sent back down. He needs to start and play full time ---- he's got game. Still have visions of Corey Perry with this kid.

I love the poise shown by Dunn and Thompson in this game. When Steen comes back, it had better not be Thompson who is sent down. Sorry Paajarvi, but you looked invisible to me. I like Sundqvist, but I still think he's a 4th liner with Brodziak and Jaskin. Barbashev needs to get back in there as I think the team is stronger with him instead of Paajarvi and Thorburn. Once Steen is back, I think I'd try Steen with Barbashev and Thompson. I think those 3 would play off each other well. Keep Sundqvist in but with Brodziak and put Megan on their right. The top two lines can stay for now as well, although I wouldn't 100% trust Jaskin for long. I honestly think Kostin could come in and replace Jaskin pretty quickly.