Re: Final roster set

Knowing this, my guesses for lines:

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Megan-Barbashev-Jaskin
Paajarvi/Upshall-Sundqvist-Brodziak/Thorburn

Thorburn and Paajarvi scratches most nights.

D:
Ed-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Gunner-Bort

Prosser

Really surpsised by Blais being sent down. I guess its a good sign in Thompson's development that they think he clearly beat Blais out. I will be very curious to see how the lineup looks Wednesday night. Dunn over Walman seems to have been the way things were trending for the last week or so. Having Walman develop his defensive game in the minors will surely be a good thing. The Kostin injury is a bummer, but it seems to be a minor thing as they have it listed as 7-10 day issue. Kostin could use some conditioning time in the minors anyway. Looking forward to line speculation over the next 48 hours.

The best news about all of this is....real hockey is just 2 days away!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Knowing this, my guesses for lines:

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Megan-Barbashev-Jaskin
Paajarvi/Upshall-Sundqvist-Brodziak/Thorburn

Thorburn and Paajarvi scratches most nights.

D:
Ed-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Gunner-Bort

Prosser
I believe Thompson is the only RH shot of the top 9 forwards interestingly enough.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Well, they're practicing today, and these are the lines:

Sobotka-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin
Paajarvi-Sundqvist-Thompson
Upshall-Brodziak-Thorburn

Barbashev and Megan extra

Eddy-Petro
Gunnar-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Prosser extra

I hate breaking up Schwartz and Tarasenko. I understand why they're doing it with Steen and Fabbri out, but those guys should stay together.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Well, they're practicing today, and these are the lines:

Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin

Eddy-Petro
Gunnar-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Prosser extra

I hate breaking up Schwartz and Tarasenko. I understand why they're doing it with Steen and Fabbri out, but those guys should stay together.
Seems like a waste to make Barbs a healthy scratch and really hate Sobotka as a first liner but whatever, this is the life of a Blues fan. Where 4th liners come to play 1st line minutes.

Also, Megan is better than Upshall. Already hate that signing. HATE it.
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin

Eddy-Petro
Gunnar-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Prosser extra

Hmm, I'm disappointed Barbashev can't crack the lineup assuming things stay this way until Wednesday night. I didn't see any live preseason action other than a little bit of the game against the Pens, so I'll reserve judgement on Sundqvist until then.

I am super shocked that Blais was sent to AHL. He was better than several of the people on this team and at least deserved a 2nd line role due to injuries or a 3rd line role with little to no injuries! I hope this doesn't hurt him development wise.

BillP wrote:Wasn't worth signing Upshall to send down Blais. Upshall isn't going to be the difference between playoff team and non-playoff team. At least play the kid. Geez...........
Blais wasn't going to be playing on the 4th line. I think what hurt him more than anything was being a skilled LW on a team that needs skilled RWs. In the end I guess they decided they were more comfortable with Thompson on the right side, which meant playing time for Blais would be limited. In that case, its better for Blais to get regular minutes in the minors. I'm still a bit surprised Thompson was selected over him, but I think the Upshall signing isn't as related to Blais's status as the timing of everything makes it seem.

Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin

Eddy-Petro
Gunnar-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Prosser extra

Woof. :shock:
KA-KAW!

We already have a very, very young lineup, and while I'd love to roll the dice with Blais over Uppy, it's totally understandable considering his position AND the fact Steen isn't going to be out too long. Somebody else is going to be sent down as well, barring further injury. So once of Megan, Sundvqvist, or Thompson will be going to the AHL/waived in next couple of weeks.

Also, they BETTER have barbs in the top 9 dammit ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Is Thompson still eligible to go back to juniors? I’m wondering if they’re just taking a look and getting him a few games with the intention of reassigning him after 9 games and then bringing up Blais. Perhaps Blais going down is a matter of navigating the roster rules.

insideout wrote:Is Thompson still eligible to go back to juniors? I’m wondering if they’re just taking a look and getting him a few games with the intention of reassigning him after 9 games and then bringing up Blais. Perhaps Blais going down is a matter of navigating the roster rules.
Thompson went to college (UConn I think). He left college to go pro after his season ended last year. So he will go to the AHL if anywhere.