Re: Jagr or Upshall???

May not matter what we want, sense Uppy most likely signed already:

Jeremy Rutherford‏Verified account @jprutherford 7h7 hours ago (midnight)

Upshall was on PTO with Vancouver. @sportsnetmurph says it's believed he's agreed to a 1-year, $800,000 deal with Blues, announced tomorrow.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I will not be happy if the Blues sign Upshall. I mean, not that that matters, but I don't get it.

Upshall doesn't do anything to replace Fabbri. He's just taking up the spot that was likely pegged for Megan or Blais. Both are better than him.

Garbage signing. Bad move. Same ole sorry ass Blues.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Neither....we need to make a run at Duchene. Barbie, Jaskin, Schmaltz, Walman, Dunn...I would imagine two of them(one forward, one dman) plus additional salary might get it done.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
39hurricane wrote:He's right handed. We suck at right forward depth right now.

Jagr is lefty. We'll have to wait to sign Jagr until Uppie gets hurt.
Who's right-handed? Both Jagr and Uppie are lefties.
you are correct, both i think have played RW

BluesSK wrote:Jagr has more left in the tank than Upshall. Terrible signing and I hope it's not true.
Jagr wasn't signing for $800k. There is a good chance they aren't done yet. I've got a feeling something else is brewing.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Oh yippie....another veteran who couldn't fucking score from inside the net.
They're going to make him a Junior Vice-President. ;)
But they're all out of VP slots. That's why Robinson was brought in as a "Senior Consultant of Hockey Operations." So maybe Upshall will be named "Principal Consultant for Good-In-The-Room Affairs & Development." Everybody's got something to contribute, it's just a matter of getting the right title on the desk or the equipment stall.

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Oh yippie....another veteran who couldn't fucking score from inside the net.
They're going to make him a Junior Vice-President. ;)
But they're all out of VP slots. That's why Robinson was brought in as a "Senior Consultant of Hockey Operations." So maybe Upshall will be named "Principal Consultant for Good-In-The-Room Affairs & Development." Everybody's got something to contribute, it's just a matter of getting the right title on the desk or the equipment stall.
I didn't realize that there was a limit on V.P. slots...it never has stopped them before.

NHLTIM wrote:
BluesSK wrote:Jagr has more left in the tank than Upshall. Terrible signing and I hope it's not true.
Jagr wasn't signing for $800k. There is a good chance they aren't done yet. I've got a feeling something else is brewing.
Keep the faith :) Doug, in his mind, has done his work. He will now sit back and see what Yeo and his staff can do with the team. Only if the team sputters & looks bad during the first 10 or 15 games during the season will DA act upon it and decide to do something...........this is his profile. We should all be used to this by now.

Turk Sanderson wrote:I didn't realize that there was a limit on V.P. slots...it never has stopped them before.
There's a limit to everything. With the exception of The Capn's "How many Blues fans ..." thread. The true definition of "ad nauseam."

NHLTIM wrote:Neither....we need to make a run at Duchene. Barbie, Jaskin, Schmaltz, Walman, Dunn...I would imagine two of them(one forward, one dman) plus additional salary might get it done.
Duchene's a great player. I'm curious why you're focused on him though? Given the deal Sakic turned down from NYI I think we'll have to give up more than we'd be comfortable with to acquire him, particularly since Sakic said at one point he'd rather send Duchene to the East (I can't find the quote anymore, sorry.) I'd pull the trigger if we could get Duchene for what you're talking about but I'm not as sure that gets it done.

I'm of course big on Tavares. We can't get him immediately, but unless NYI's Belmont project a) gets selected from among the three bidders, and b) gets built - which would mark the first time in NHL history a rink has been privately funded - Tavares becomes available at the deadline. I'd rather wait it out, keep our assets to try to get Tavares.

And as an aside, do you see Duchene as a legit 1C? Truly curious. He's the 2C currently on the worst team in hockey. I agree, he's a great player, but I'm not sure he makes us a contender.