Re: Fabbri will miss the rest of training camp...

storey13 wrote:The injury bug that has fallen upon our Blues is very concerning. Opportunities for youth to be had for sure. I'm not terribly familiar with torn ACL injuries, can an athlete be their old self again at some point?
Adrian Peterson blew up his knee (ACL and MCL tears) and came back next season and dominanted in the NFL. But that's the only example I can think of so it's probably the exception and not the rule.

storey13 wrote:The injury bug that has fallen upon our Blues is very concerning. Opportunities for youth to be had for sure. I'm not terribly familiar with torn ACL injuries, can an athlete be their old self again at some point?
Typically players struggle to return to their pre-injury form. There has actually been some pretty good research conduct on professional athletes with ACL injuries and how well they perform once returning from injury. A lot depends on the sport and position they play. In the NHL most players are able to return after a ACL injury. However, point production, games played per season and career length all decrease after an ACL injury. Here is an abstract from a research article published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine utilizing data collected by the NHL Injury Surveillance System that give a little more detail.

http://tria.com/acl-injuries-in-profess ... y-players/

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Anyone want to try and guess opening night lines now?

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Paajarvi-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Thorburn

Not pretty. You have tons of depth at left wing and then suddenly we don't.
Excited to see Tage Thompson getting top 6 minutes if so. Fabbri had 11 goals in 51 games last year. Thompson can do that.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Paajarvi-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Thorburn

Excited to see Tage Thompson getting top 6 minutes if so. Fabbri had 11 goals in 51 games last year. Thompson can do that.
And your lines look so much better than the GARBAGE JR suggested on Twitter.

Just a guess:
Sobotka-Schenn-Jaskin
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Bennett
Paajarvi-Brodziak-Thorburn
Just a Russian propaganda account

Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Paajarvi-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Thorburn

I doubt they go in with both Thompson and Blais though. Probably Bennett in Thompson's spot on the second line unfortunately or something. Even though I personally have not been impressed with Bennett at all.

Sobotka-Schenn-Thompson
Paajarvi-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Thorburn

And your lines look so much better than the GARBAGE JR suggested on Twitter.

Just a guess:
Sobotka-Schenn-Jaskin
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Bennett
Paajarvi-Brodziak-Thorburn
Jaskin on the 2nd line, gross...and I haven't noticed Sundqvist at all. Don't know what he has done to win a spot.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Jaskin on the 2nd line, gross...and I haven't noticed Sundqvist at all. Don't know what he has done to win a spot.
No more gross than Sobotka on the second line. He's a great 4th line player. A good, solid 3rd line player, and shouldn't be used on the top two lines. Sure he's got heart and gumption, but for goodness sake he's never scored more than 9 goals in a season. He's the Blues version of Rex fucking Hudler. Fans love him and think he's a HOF player. Fans are wrong.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

39hurricane wrote:This sucks.

Just guessing out loud here, Fabbri will need another surgery and they will shelve him for the whole season.
I think he came back a little early, and he has some swelling and tightness. There's no reason to retard his complete return to 100% just to play a few extra meaningless preseason games. I think he'll be back by Game 1, or a t worst, a few games later. If he had retorn the ligament, it would have shown up, and his re-evaluation date of 10 days wouldn't have been that announcement.

Just guessing out loud here, Fabbri will need another surgery and they will shelve him for the whole season.
It is common for anyone that has surgery on a major joint to build up scar tissue during the healing process. Typically this requires arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue. Recover time for arthroscopic surgery is relatively short. However, many times the scar tissue can build back up requiring further surgeries. I do not know the extent of Fabbri's original injury or his current one. This is just general/broad information on the topic to inform you on a likely scenario. This is not intended to be an exhaustive answer on all possible scenarios.

TR-USA wrote:

It is common for anyone that has surgery on a major joint to build up scar tissue during the healing process. Typically this requires arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue. Recover time for arthroscopic surgery is relatively short. However, many times the scar tissue can build back up requiring further surgeries. I do not know the extent of Fabbri's original injury or his current one. This is just general/broad information on the topic to inform you on a likely scenario. This is not intended to be an exhaustive answer on all possible scenarios.
Or if your glass is half empty, there's a bit of a Sam Bradford vibe.... Any details on what the re-injury incident was?

insideout wrote:
TR-USA wrote:

Or if your glass is half empty, there's a bit of a Sam Bradford vibe.... Any details on what the re-injury incident was?
Kerbs and Chase where just discussing it. They said there is no word on what the injury is or its severity. Chase did say he talked to Fabbri the morning after the game and Fabbri said it was "stiff" and "sore". Those two sympotms sound a lot like scar tissue. It is certainly not good news. Especially when you consider one of Fabbri's biggest attributes is his skating. It could be the end of the Fabbri at center experiment. He has a tough road ahead anyway you look at it.

stlblues1226 wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Jaskin on the 2nd line, gross...and I haven't noticed Sundqvist at all. Don't know what he has done to win a spot.
No more gross than Sobotka on the second line. He's a great 4th line player. A good, solid 3rd line player, and shouldn't be used on the top two lines. Sure he's got heart and gumption, but for goodness sake he's never scored more than 9 goals in a season. He's the Blues version of Rex fucking Hudler. Fans love him and think he's a HOF player. Fans are wrong.
For sure, Sobotka on the 2nd line isn't a long-term solution. But as far as our LW depth goes at the moment it's either him or Paajarvi. Or perhaps Blais, who've they've played on both wings during camp.