Fabbri out, entire 2017-18 season

WTF, I hate being right :(

https://t.co/KRBQYA08Xq

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that forward Robby Fabbri will miss the entire 2017-18 season after re-injuring his surgically repaired left knee.

The Blues will hold a press conference with Armstrong and Fabbri on Thursday at 10 a.m. at Scottrade Center. Video from that press conference will be available on Thursday afternoon at stlouisblues.com.

Fabbri originally suffered a torn left ACL on Feb. 4, 2017. Dr. Bernard Bach performed surgery on Fabbri's knee in Chicago on Feb. 28 and he was cleared to play on July 31.

Fabbri, 21, has appeared in 123 career regular season games, recording 66 points (29 goals, 37 assists) and 52 penalty minutes.

St. Louis Blues‏Verified account @StLouisBlues 4m4 minutes ago Hootlet
More
BREAKING NEWS: Robby Fabbri will miss the entire 2017-18 season after re-injuring his left knee. #stlblues
Last edited by bradleygt89 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Fabbri out for season

Per the Blues app.

I know that there is already a Fabbri injury thread but I felt this was important enough for its own thread. His knee is re-injured and he's done for the year. Press conference scheduled for Thursday at 10am.

Time to get Duchene, Leeeeeeery

Re: Fabbri out, entire year

Dave's a mess wrote:Thanks for jinxing the season, Brad!!!!!!!!
that's what I do best ;) I probably should change my avatar image too...

So what do you all think? This is his last year on his contract. He'll still be a RFA, but obviously after missing 1.5 seasons, he won't have much negotiating leverage. Can we do a 'bridge' deal and still keep him as a RFA?

Really sucks for the kid, as he seems like a hard worker who loves the game and was definitely a top 6 forward before his knee last season. Hope he can bounce back, but it'll be a hard road back. :(
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: Fabbri will miss the rest of training camp...

Should the Blues trade for someone right away though? What if they give Blais, Thompson, and Kostin a shot at replacing some offense first before making a trade. Unless of course they don't want to fast track Thompson or Kostin if they don't feel like they're ready. I would just hate to give up some valuable assets without seeing what we have first. Or maybe even try sign Jagr or something.

NHLTIM wrote:As a fan of Fabbri...I'm absolutely crushed for him and his future. With that said, I'd be on the phone trying to work out a deal for Duchene.
I'm not sure what we have that they would want and we would be willing to part with. The rumor since last season is that they're looking for a Top 4 D and some futures. We don't have anyone other than 27, 55 and 6 right now that fits that need. Sakic certainly isn't going to take less from a division rival than he can get elsewhere.

What would you suggest would be a fair offer from the Blues that doesn't wreck the roster?

Jagr doesn't cost the team any assets. Just sign the man. Right now, all Blues news is pretty dim. You sign Jagr, that will be 1 big public relations boost for the team. And the man can still play. Probably has a little chip on his shoulder wanting to show everyone what they missed. Stillman needs to step in and say I want this guy and make it happen.