Re: Larry Robinson

Dave's a mess wrote:Hmm, a big, mobile, offensively gifted HOF defenseman joins the Hockey Ops crew. I wonder if there's anybody on the roster he could give some advice to...
Thought of this too. I expect Gunnar to take his game to the next level this season.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Hmm, a big, mobile, offensively gifted HOF defenseman joins the Hockey Ops crew. I wonder if there's anybody on the roster he could give some advice to...
Thought of this too. I expect Gunnar to take his game to the next level this season.
:lol: :lol: Good one, Dread.

Doug Glatt wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
:lol: :lol: Good one, Dread.
Exactly! With Big Bird's influence Gunnar might get back to double digit points this year! :lol:
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Hopefully the first thing Robinson is going to say is "what in the hell is Carl Gunnarsson doing on this team?"
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP wrote:Great great player and coach. Just wonder what he will actually bring that the Blues don't already have in the front office.
No kidding. Can Robinson really bring that much more than MacInnis, to be worth the additional salary?

barnburner wrote:
BillP wrote:Great great player and coach. Just wonder what he will actually bring that the Blues don't already have in the front office.
No kidding. Can Robinson really bring that much more than MacInnis, to be worth the additional salary?
Yeah, I was just joking with someone here in the office saying they're all just going to agree with one another anyway and we laughed. I really don't see the point in bringing him here. What did Bob Gainey do when he was here? Oh well......

BluesSK wrote:Stillman collects former star players like kid's collect hockey cards.
You may actually have hit on the cause, SK. Maybe Stillman has a subconscious need to surround himself with accomplished hockey talent to compensate for his own hockey career ending in college.

JMC-STL wrote:
BluesSK wrote:Stillman collects former star players like kid's collect hockey cards.
You may actually have hit on the cause, SK. Maybe Stillman has a subconscious need to surround himself with accomplished hockey talent to compensate for his own hockey career ending in college.
Not trying to be a jerk, but would you rather he be consulting for say the 'hawks or stars?

We have a lot of Cup winners and HOF players in Blues F/O and coaching, yes. But I don't think if you added them all up you'd match the 9 from Robinson. He also knows how to win as a player, a coach, and will bring something here that we don't have, and that something of Cup winning experience I'd rather us have than someone else, especially a division rival.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:Not trying to be a jerk, but would you rather he be consulting for say the 'hawks or stars?

We have a lot of Cup winners and HOF players in Blues F/O and coaching, yes. But I don't think if you added them all up you'd match the 9 from Robinson. He also knows how to win as a player, a coach, and will bring something here that we don't have, and that something of Cup winning experience I'd rather us have than someone else, especially a division rival.
Didn't sound jerky to me, '89. My concern is far less about WHO Mr. Stillman has been hiring for these jobs and far more about HOW MANY. No evidence yet that those hirings have brought the franchise any closer to consistent success in the regular season, much less closer to the ultimate prize. And if you advocate hiring experienced hockey folks with the notion of keeping them from being hired by a rival team, then I'm glad you don't own the Blues.

In the end, it's the team ownership's money to do with as they please. So the most any of us can do is hope this latest staff addition represents the tipping point toward measurable & sustained improvement in team performance - and either one of those would be a pleasant surprise to me.

JMC-STL wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:Not trying to be a jerk, but would you rather he be consulting for say the 'hawks or stars?

Didn't sound jerky to me, '89. My concern is far less about WHO Mr. Stillman has been hiring for these jobs and far more about HOW MANY. No evidence yet that those hirings have brought the franchise any closer to consistent success in the regular season, much less closer to the ultimate prize. And if you advocate hiring experienced hockey folks with the notion of keeping them from being hired by a rival team, then I'm glad you don't own the Blues.

In the end, it's the team ownership's money to do with as they please. So the most any of us can do is hope this latest staff addition represents the tipping point toward measurable & sustained improvement in team performance - and either one of those would be a pleasant surprise to me.
Not all, but yes, someone like Larry Robinson, I'd want him around not just for the insights and consulting he'd bring to the Blues, but of course because I'd rather have him on our team than a rival :)

We also have to remember that we don't know all the inner-workings in the FO...perhaps someone is getting ready to retire, move on, take on different duties etc. I guess the point is, we don't know how much he is getting paid, what his specific duties are, and what/whose duties he may be replacing in the future, if any. But I'm sure as heck happy he's on our team.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:... We also have to remember that we don't know all the inner-workings in the FO...perhaps someone is getting ready to retire, move on, take on different duties etc. I guess the point is, we don't know how much he is getting paid, what his specific duties are, and what/whose duties he may be replacing in the future, if any. ...
Permit me to add, then: "I'm glad you're not the Blues hiring manager." ;)

BillP wrote:
T.C. wrote:hey, remember when we hired belfour?
Yeah, I remember that. I liked that hire but then Eddie left after like 2 weeks. Don't know what the deal was but it was very short lived.
He was last heard yelling something about "I'll pay a million dollars......."