Re: Steen hurt

Well that's bad. He's going to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks just like Bouwmeester, so he could be out longer. This probably hurts less than the Bouwmeester injury since we have more depth up front. It's exciting to see the kids, but this camp has been pretty shitty so far.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

So assuming no more significant injuries during camp, what might lines look like? I'll take a stab, but obviously lots can change.

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Paajarvi-Schenn-Jaskin
Sobotka-Fabbri-Barbashev
Thorburn-Brodziak-Bennett

Honestly, that was pretty tough to piece together after the first line. I really think they want to give Schenn a look at center if for no other reason to let Fabbri ease into center on the third line. I like Sobotka on Fabbri's line to give a a solid defensive forward while he figures it out. Conspicuous by their absence are Thompson and Blais. They've been impressive, but I don't think they want to have those guys get their feet wet on the 4th line. Could they overtake guys like Jaskin or Paajarvi? Perhaps, but I think contract status might muddle that situation. I think Sundqvist starts in the AHL.

Dave's a mess wrote:So assuming no more significant injuries during camp, what might lines look like? I'll take a stab, but obviously lots can change.

Paajarvi-Schenn-Jaskin
Sobotka-Fabbri-Barbashev

Honestly, that was pretty tough to piece together after the first line. I really think they want to give Schenn a look at center if for no other reason to let Fabbri ease into center on the third line. I like Sobotka on Fabbri's line to give a a solid defensive forward while he figures it out. Conspicuous by their absence are Thompson and Blais. They've been impressive, but I don't think they want to have those guys get their feet wet on the 4th line. Could they overtake guys like Jaskin or Paajarvi? Perhaps, but I think contract status might muddle that situation. I think Sundqvist starts in the AHL.
That's a pathetic looking line-up if you ask me.
Just a Russian propaganda account

TR-USA wrote:Did not like the Steen contract when it was announced. At times like this it looks even worse. He is a great player but cannot stay health and his effectiveness as a player is deteriorating rapidly.
Yep. Love the guy but his durability has really gone downhill.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:So assuming no more significant injuries during camp, what might lines look like? I'll take a stab, but obviously lots can change.

Paajarvi-Schenn-Jaskin
Sobotka-Fabbri-Barbashev

That's a pathetic looking line-up if you ask me.
Not great! Maybe you get a little more offense if you abandon either Schenn or Fabbri at center and put them together, slide Barbashev into C3 and drop Jaskin to RW3? Regardless losing Steen blows. I hate it when injury prone players get injured.

The more I look at our top 6...I feel like one of Fabbri or Schenn need to play wing, even with Steen in the lineup. I'm going to guess and say Fabbri stays at C, since we know that Schenn can produce at RW.

Sobotka-Fabbri-Schenn
Paajarvi-Barbashev-Blais
Jaskin-Brodziak-Bennett

Thorburn mixes in on the 4th line. When Steen is back, he takes Paajarvi or Blais' spot, or Sobotka's while Sobotka moves down to the third line. Could replace Blais with Kyrou, Kostin, Thompson, etc, depends on who impresses in camp, but I see someone winning a spot.

Just feels like if we force both of those guys to play C, the offense is spread too much.

Dave's a mess wrote:After looking at potential lines, I'm getting a little more worried about the Jets.
Jets are easily a 90pt team but the scary thing is that if they put it all together they could be a 105pt team. Sooner or later its going to happen.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:After looking at potential lines, I'm getting a little more worried about the Jets.
Jets are easily a 90pt team but the scary thing is that if they put it all together they could be a 105pt team. Sooner or later its going to happen.
If they keep the puck out of their net they're gonna be trouble. Mason will help, but blue line is still a bit leaky to me.

BillP wrote:
gomer-pyle-surprise_orig.jpg

This will go on ------- all the time with him.
that was my thought, too. can't wait for five more years of this. i'll take the under that he gets 50 games in per season on average.

T.C. wrote:
BillP wrote:

that was my thought, too. can't wait for five more years of this. i'll take the under that he gets 50 games in per season on average.
I swear to God, this guy has to be a head coaches nightmare, ya think you have your lines and wham, mix them up and roll. You heard it here first, shoulder injury to come.

BlueinNy wrote:
T.C. wrote:
BillP wrote:

I swear to God, this guy has to be a head coaches nightmare, ya think you have your lines and wham, mix them up and roll. You heard it here first, shoulder injury to come.
He will play about half of the games on his contract. Is Steen a skilled player? Yes. Would I want him on my team? No. He was the ring leader of the quit on Hitch squad, and for that reason I'm out.